It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why utube has failed the ufo community.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My whole life, I've seen pictures and footage of suppossed ufos. Now since everyone has a video camera, sightings have increased. Well, at least more sightings are on tape.

Don't get me wrong, utube has done alot for the community. I love the ufo videos on utube real and fake. And it's really our failure on utube.

When you watch a show or documentary about ufo sightings most of the people want to stay anonymous. With utube, we can contact one another and chat....unlike if we see it on tv. If you see it on a show, we have no way of contacting the person who had the sighting.

I know alot of people who post ufo videos are almost attacked right away. THey are flooded with hate and ridicule. They then usually go away or take down the video. That's the goal of the hate monger de bunker.

Utube is on one hand nice because you can stay anonymous if you want to, nobody knows who you are or where you live. So even if someone was attacking your credibility or your video, so what.

But utube puts us in touch with so many people we don't know in such a personal way. It's almost just like watching someones home videos at times. People who post ufo videos on utube should also post a video testimony of their account. It would be really easy then to root out the fakes. People who see them are usually excited or really scared. It has to become part of their videos. It's the only way.

If someone really sees one, films it, puts it on utube, it would be really hard to debunk that person due to their emotion of the event or their description. I don't get it, we have no problem putting up videos of ourselves farting, burping, joking, playing jokes and pranks on each other, but we forget to add our persons or ourselves and our faces to ufo sighting videos.

But not doing this we are just inviting people to discredit the video, the debunker already has the upper hand. They already know you don't want your face or who you are on utube. We're doing their job for them. They want to discredit us, and they want us to go away. I don't think it should be manditory to post a personal account of your sighting along with your video, but it sure would help. I also think if it caught on, alot of the fake videos would just go away as well.

I really what to know what you think as civilians. Are we failing the ufo community on utube? Just a last thought. If the men in black take away videos, pictures, attack people's credibility, and just blatently shut people up,

........ then why are people who have been effected by real documented events let hack no name nobodys de bunkeers who aren't even the3 men in black shut them up and make them go away.
Think about it utube is their worst nightmare and they are so happy we aren't even using it correctly when it comes to ufo videos. It's a tool we should use it correctly.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
UFOs have failed the UFO community. They never wave at the camera or stop for poses. They keep very irregular hours, go too fast and are rarely seen in the same place twice

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
hoaxers, and people that refuse to question have failed us as well. The new age thing is also another downfall. people with their crystal waving ceremonial crap meditating to UFO;s thats not the sort of thing we need publicly. You dont get taken seriously when you are banging on a bongo singing songs of unity to things that arent even there. Honestly, this is like 26 of us singing in the hopes that a pilot can hear us when he's 30 thousand feet in the air..... its retarded.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 517.101

It's not utube it's YouTube. Give them some credit. Atleast they allow you to post UFO videos.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Its channel's like MoreseeingUFOsPA and KINGufokid ect , that attract more hacks and they get the idea oh it's cool to video tape anything you can throw in the air a "UFO" or extra terrestrial. Seems there is a snow ball effect that has gained momentum. The new agers sugar coat ot with more BS with "oh i had sex0rs in a dream with a alien godess" and im a contactee.

now please buy my book and receive a book light and a snuggie at no charge for $19.99 while supplies last

No more Blossom Goodchilds please i think i had enough mid lifer crisis to last me to mine

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
hoaxers, and people that refuse to question have failed us as well. The new age thing is also another downfall. people with their crystal waving ceremonial crap meditating to UFO;s thats not the sort of thing we need publicly. You dont get taken seriously when you are banging on a bongo singing songs of unity to things that arent even there. Honestly, this is like 26 of us singing in the hopes that a pilot can hear us when he's 30 thousand feet in the air..... its retarded.

This honestly has to be the most refreshing thing I have read here in a long long time. Just when I think the prophets and new agers are taking over I see this.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
YouTube is a tool like any other. It is not responsible for how it is used.

Look to those who believe every light in the sky contains Aliens either ready to save or destroy the world to lay blame. Look to those who post photo's of blurred birds who happened to be caught in the shot and then demand they are Alien harboring UFO's. Look to those who take hallucinogens while rubbing a crystal in their pocket and then believe hallucinations are real. Look to those who want something to be true so badly they are willing to fall for any scam or scheme that comes along while running up their credit card bills on phony videos and books.

Thank those who are looking for real evidence and are angered that the research has been bastardized by the silly crowd.

But most of all, recognize that free speech is paramount. Learn to overlook others you do not share beliefs with and allow them the same privilege of sharing their ideas as those you agree with. You never know where a valuable bit of evidence might pop up.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 517.101I know alot of people who post ufo videos are almost attacked right away. THey are flooded with hate and ridicule. They then usually go away or take down the video. That's the goal of the hate monger de bunker.

High school kids write hate and ridicule comments, skeptics provide evidence that in turn might debunk a UFO sighting. Youtube is what it is and we can't change that.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

You highlighted the exact lines in the thread I thought you'd highlight. Thanks.

Do you think people's personal accounts on film would help with issues like credibility and legitamacy?

That's what the thread is about.

utube is what we make it, and it isn't being fully utilized.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Thanks for you reply. I think it's excellent and great, sweet pickle.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Great point, I had to smile. Very smart.

new topics

top topics

join