It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
OK, what happened america? what has hapened to the bright American Dream of freedom and free speech?

America has lost any last faint glimmer of hope it once had because of its actions over the last decade. for starters, causing a terrorist attack, murdering innocents, etc. we did not need to enter this war, but it was inevitable. the middle easterns have been trampled on by us for YEARS, and we expect no backlash?

we need to revamp the education system, for it is take in, spit out, lost forever. you know your education system is terrible when you need shows like, say, "ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER"! and then there are people playing along at home! "oh i think i know this one!" your 35, you're supposed to! and re-electing George Bush? its almost like the planet heard the news and asked us, "WTF are you thinking?!" sure, his attempt at trying to restore the education system was noteworthy, but there is no such thing as a one size fits all test!

he ruined the economy, started a war for oil, and was a crackhead! what were we thinking?!?!?

and a huge stir over climate change! how do we know that it is not natural? well i do know that climate change is happening, but fossil fuels are to blame! we are releasing the suns energy from millions of years ago! what is to be expected?

people are dying, yet we do nothing. we are quick to point out whats "wron with the world, yet sit on our obese a*ses and do NOTHING!!!! and you complain about the political leaders, yeah i'm guilty, but YOU elected them. THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE ELECTED THEM!!!!!!!!! perhaps we could go to another political agenda, say, communism where there would be no complaints?

there is a constant uproar about gun control and "oh the fascist liberalswant our guns!" but here's the thing. we can't because its unconstitutional. and guns don't kill people. BUT BULLETS DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for listening to my rant.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Another Bash The US thread.

Check it out.

America gets bashed on more than any other country. The reason for this is because America is among one of the best places on the planet to live. People are envious of this.
People save up everything they have from foreign parts of the world just to live here. The people in AMERICA, represent EVERYONE from around the world. When AMERICA has problems, the rest of the world has problems. Reasons speak for themselves.

Ill give you an E for effort though.

Edit- I know you live in the US, but come on, this is the same thing as anyone else saying it. Have some pride where you live. Get people involved if you are that concerned. You are in the same boat as everyone else.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

i am an american. it is not, though, th best places to live. we are a magnet for violence, for gangs, etc. BUT we are to egocentric to see past that simple fact.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

I said we are ONE of the best places. Meaning its on the top 5.
All I am saying, is that America is in the heart, you make America what you want America to be the way you see it. Violence knows no boundries.

And Im saying this with all due respect.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I agree.

We should just dump all of our money into educational system and hope the next generations benefit from it and save the country.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
We were the best country in the World. But if you haven't noticed the past few decades have really given us a bad reputation. People don't hate us for our freedom, that's a ridiculous statement given by ignorant people that still think iraq bombed us. They hate us because of what we do. We occupy almost every country in the world, we are a world police. Our people are not kind, abusers of drugs and food, we are JUNKIES!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry i'm not going to jump in on the topic, but america does not even make the top 10 list of places i want to visit. No thankyou! Most people i know have very similar opinions.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Did you ever put aside your own arrogance for one second and think perhaps the reason america gets ragged on by any other nation is because the OP is right? America used to be great, and still has heaps of potential to revive themselves but not at the rate y'all are going, the attitude of the people needs to change, you'll never be able to fix it if people like yourself claim it isn't broken.

Also, no. America is not the greatest place in the world, yes you are technologically advanced but you are using it for war only, you should follow Japans lead and use your technology to better the lives of your citizens. In your nation the select few get richer and the poor get poorer.

Your patriotism is admirable but misguided, a real patriot would recognize their nations faults and fight to better them, so that the standard of living was better for everyone.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

we were the best, in like the last century. but, that quickly faded when the world met michael and lindsey lohan. :/

[edit on 13-1-2010 by LocoHombre]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

yes. we are war-loving pigs who do not care about the common good.

MOST OF US DO NOT WANT HELTHCARE BECAUSE THE CONSERVATIVES HAVE A GANG MENTALITY that does not allow people to make there own decisions.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Response to first paragraph-
Arrogance? Far from Arrogant. I just know what the people of this nation are capable of. We are capable of many great things, depending on how tight the nation is. Right now, the nation is torn apart, I acknowledge that fact.

Response to Second Paragraph-
Never said it was the greatest place in the world(For the third time).
I said it was amongst ONE OF THE BEST places to live. Reading comprehension will bring you a long way. How are we using our technology for war only and not everyone else? Actually you know what, NM, thats off topic you dont have to answer that if you dont want to.
Rich gewt richer as the poor get poorer because the rich keep the poor poor because the poor people dont know anything else but to be poor until someone tells them differently. get that?

Response to Third Paragraph-
I dont think I am misguided, I think you just got confused by what I was saying. I think We do work together as a nation, thats why we are so advanced. The only way we can be one of the greatest nations on this planet is by recongnizing our faults and fixing them, no doubt. We try hard to do that, thats why we have the democratic system =).

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I do have to agree things have shot downhill fast since 2001 in terms of freedom and the economy. Criminality has become firmly entrenched in our federal government and yes we do need some big changes.
Should we give up? Hell no!!! What else do we have to do anyway? There are still a great number of people here with common sense. Right now, they have us all at loggerheads with each other over stuff like the healthcare bill and trying to get any job we can can.
I think you're really looking for reasons to be hopeful with your post. They have us badly isolated psychologically by pigeonhiling us as conspiracy theorists and making us think that WE are outside the mass of American thought. But is THAT true? I think MOST are awake but we are not connected. IF we give up on our fellow man then the PTB win. We have to learn how to trust our fellow citizens once again and redefine the sense of common good in America. Once we have done that we can move to get our cancerous beauracracy removed and reinstitute the Republic.
They are counting on our fear, apathy and isolation to keep us at bay. The cause is FAR from lost.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Very well said. I love America as depicted by Alexis ..[many names].. de Tocqueville. Current state of affairs is just terrible and I'm still thinking about our NAZI/Bolshevik history. IT IS SOOOO F...ING similar. Why you American patriots had ever accepted totally un-patriotic Patriot Act?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Hopefully other people at other countries will take similar stance, because we are not opossing one corrupted national bureaucracy but worldwide plot - at least at Western world.

top topics

join