It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti-- What is the long term fix? We better start using our heads here!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Haiti, fault lines, and the loss of life, I'm betting 300 thousand dead. Try grasping that number of dead people!! This is so sad and the one thing that stands out in my mind is what the f--- are we doing to this world. Why on earth do people build such cheap buildings in places were you know a catastrophe can happen then on top of all that put 2 million people in harms way also.

My hopes are that the people who died in Haiti did not die in vain. This place SHOULD NOT be rebuilt because it will never be safe because it is a poor nation and that city sits right on a fault. And you know, port-au-prince is just one of thousands around the globe in the same situation. One day, one of the big cities in the USA west coast is going to see the same rate of death regardless of the fact that the buildings are "reinforced".

You know, if ETs are watching they must think we are dumber then a box of rocks. You know, in my mind we have better wake up and soon. We better start to live in harmony with nature and start looking at what our planet needs. ( it needs trees ) Face it, we have to many people on earth by about "3 billion". We have to implement new building codes that will prevent huge cities from being built in dangerous areas and you know, we may have to think about giving up on some cities and return the land to nature. These are my feelings, are not facts, just my 2 cents worth

[edit on 13-1-2010 by intothelight]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intothelight

These people are stout. Someone probably already put the vaccines, the GMO, and the poison water to them. But still they survive.

If you are thinking about cutting them off from aid, that has already happened + they have already been poisoned for extermination. But they are still there.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Haiti is and will remain a basket case- sad but true, it will only stop falling further into the abyss without outside aid, all the wishing in the world won't change that

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
Haiti is and will remain a basket case- sad but true, it will only stop falling further into the abyss without outside aid, all the wishing in the world won't change that

I Agree, sad but true

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You know, we see all the commercials on TV of Kids starving to death and living in filth with no clean water and no food, just a bowl of rice if there lucky. The pictures break our hearts and we pull out our money and send away. And why would we not, after all, they are kids and they are hurting.

However I have a few questions. First of all, being a poor country should not be an excuse for being stupid. But if you have to live in conditions such as Haiti or Ethiopia why on earth would you continue to bring children into that kind of life. In order to fix the problems, population control has got to be incorporated like it or not. Then, if the land is all dried up, no food ,no water then part of the fix is to get out of dodge!!!!!. And also keep cutting down the trees, how many people in Haiti lost there life because of the lack of trees to hold the land in place.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by intothelight]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The best thing we can do is send in an army of bulldozers, wipe the slate clean and ship the remaining survivors to Chicago to start anew.
Then we hand over the clean slate to the Dominican Republic so they can fix what is left.

top topics

join