It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men more evolved? Y chromosome study stirs debate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

The woman has a point above. the genes for intelligence are not on the x or y chromosome. If that was true, then any, and I mean quite literally any change to our form would severely mutate out brains due to codes getting moved around on the chromosome. Our brains evolved separately from out form, seeing as our form evolved before our brains.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Look into epigenetics. One of the links I provided has a tutorial on it.

Your DNA would obviously have encoding to have robust ability to adapt to change by activating and deactiving parts of itself. Otherwise, you'd look like a squirrel because you still have its genes.

here's a nice picture that I find fasincating.

Identical Twins who aren't Identical

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

There isn't anything ON your Y chromosone that would make you more "inventive" dear. It only tells you that you have testicles....

Well, by process of elimination...

(Thirdish line answered itself.)

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hm.....Well, if innovation is housed in your testicles no wonder so many people think you guys should stop jacking off.

Originally posted by Edrick
reply to post by Aeons

There isn't anything ON your Y chromosone that would make you more "inventive" dear. It only tells you that you have testicles....

Well, by process of elimination...

(Thirdish line answered itself.)

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Those codes were turned off because they were not needed. What's the use of vicious teeth on birds that eat little bugs? That's why those genes are deactivated in birds.

Genes have a tendency to be deactivated because one change can turn the whole gene off. If it's not needed, then natural selection gets rid of it.

In order for you to be right, you must disprove the snail experiment before.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I don't think i misread your post, but the x and y chromosomes simply determines sex, hence the name sex chromosome. The 22 other chromosome pairs affect what you look like, etc.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Hm.....Well, if innovation is housed in your testicles no wonder so many people think you guys should stop jacking off.

OK, that was hilarious!

(Second line is Jocular)

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Piché

They encode the the chain reactions that lead to sex. These are years-long chain reactions. Statistically, women take longer. God made it that way because they're so damn perfect.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Piché

I don't think i misread your post, but the x and y chromosomes simply determines sex, hence the name sex chromosome. The 22 other chromosome pairs affect what you look like, etc.

I think that a Better way to look at it is:

the First 22 chromosomes determine that you are human.

The X and Y chromosomes determine what KIND of human you are, as well as what kinds of human traits you posses.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

No, the others control your traits too.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

So what you're attempting to evade conceding is that YES .. FEMALE is the DEFAULT MODE and YES, males COMMENCE as FEMALE

then, after the wash of hormones, the embryo's ovaries DESCEND to become testicles

and the embryo's uterus DESCENDS to become a penis

That's what you meant ?

So in effect, males are modified females

only with their original female genitalia now become external ?

Original is best ... isn't that the adage ?

(Ps. ... and males get the nipples for free .. even though as modified females, they have no use for them in Nature )

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

Men more evolved? Y chromosome study stirs debate

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – Women may think of men as primitive, but new research indicates that the Y chromosome — the thing that makes a man male — is evolving far faster than the rest of the human genetic code.

A new study comparing the Y chromosomes from humans and chimpanzees, our nearest living relatives, show that they are about 30 percent different. That is far greater than the 2 percent difference between the rest of the human genetic code and that of the chimp's, according to a study appearing online
(visit the link for the full news article)

I'd suggest wishful thinking has coloured the conclusions to which these researchers have jumped.

If there is such a huge difference between the Y-chromosomes of chimps and those of human males, whose to say it's the human males who have been evolving. Quite possibly the human Y-chromosome has undergone little change in that time and it's the chimp Y which has been evolving. Observation of both species in their natural habitats certainly bears this out.

I've seen chimps at the zoo leaping between branches, quickly molesting the nearest lady chimp before stuffing their mouths with whatever food the silly crowd throws, and then chuckling as they hurl turds at their adoring viewers. This behaviour shows far more intelligence, innovation and maturity than you will see in any crowd of males at the local pub at closing time.

If it was not for the influence of women, with their balanced pair of X-chromosomes conferring a balanced attitude to life, the idiot homicidal males of our species would have put an end to homo sapiens aeons ago.

Dr. David Page appears to have discovered evidence to support my theory.

When the team members compared the MSY sequences, they got a surprise. They found that the chimpanzee Y chromosome has lost lots of genes that are present in humans, which suggests the human Y resembles that of the common ancestor more than does the chimp's Y.

sciencenow.sciencemag.org...

So the assumption that male humans are evolving is obviously a tortured misconstruction of the actual facts, and is being promoted to pander to the egos of testosterone-obsessed sperm manufacturers.

It's male chimps that are evolving. Male humans are just stampeding along their treadmill to early heart attacks.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Congratulations on a beautifully elegant post

Ferntree Gully is a great place to hail from, also

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Face it - men are the real evil doers in this world. There is absolutely no question about that whatsoever.

It only seems that way because women make men do all their evil deeds for them.
Behind every evil man is an even more evil woman controlling him. Just ask my first Wife
She would gladly tell everyone here what to think.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I agree with whomever said men were catching up, not superior to women.

Let's face it - if there were no men in this world and women had found a way to clone themselves I would guess there would be far, far fewer wars; everyone regardless of nationality would be treated equal and the earth would be much better taken care of - to name just a few.

Face it - men are the real evil doers in this world. There is absolutely no question about that whatsoever.

whatever. sisters can be the most evil people on the planet!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You can't spell woMAN without MAN...

Simillarly:
woMEN
MENstruation
huMANity
feMALE
MANkind

[edit on 14/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

agreed, theres a reson the word Bitch is used, a woman with no maternal instinct is much more ruthless than most men, thats why gaddafi has woman guards or so my high ranking soldier friend tells me. men are just more head strong and impulsive

hell hath no fury...

dna research is not even close to being accurate and complete so thay might be totaly wrong on most accounts

i thought we were all equal anyway

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

you go girl, gurl power, feminists sound so stupid most of the time try and find a balance for the love of humanity

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Adam was all alone and forlorn and depressed in the Garden of Eden one day when G-d happened by and saw him down and blue.

“What’s wrong Adam?” asked G-d
“I am lonely when you are not around G-d, it makes me sad” replied Adam

G-d thought a moment sensing Adam’s pain and looked at him thoughtfully and said “You need an another to keep you company”

Adam looked at him and said “Another?”

“Yes another” replied G-d “But not like you but similar to you, you are a man, and I shall make you a woman to keep you company.”

Adam perked up a bit and looked at G-d and asked “Lord what is a woman?”

G-d thought a moment and replied “Well she would be like you but more fair and soft and pleasing to look at, she would always smile, always be in a good mood, and attend to your every need, she will cook your food, and wash you, make mad passionate love to you however you desire, she will never disobey you or argue with you, she will laugh at all your jokes and never contradict you and respect you in every way, and ask for nothing in return until your dying day!”

Adam really perked up a minute and then looked suspiciously at G-d quite worried and asked “What’s something like that cost G-d?”

G-d let out a long high whistle with a mischievousness and bemused look on his face and replied “Oh probably an arm and a leg”

Adam looked at him worried and asked “Well what could I get for a rib?”

The rest is history!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
What do you get for a rib? Whitewave sheepishly raises her hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join