It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men more evolved? Y chromosome study stirs debate

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

He was careful not to specify which gender did which. So his statement can still stand.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
i dunnooooo bout this one..........................

if i have heard correctly generation x'ers, or y'ers, i dunno one of the recent genereations or what ever,,,, have actually been born with an overall depletion in sperm count of 50%..........

if anything this is rapid de-evolution....

[edit on 20-1-2010 by tripulation666]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
very well said!

Originally posted by sos37
I agree with whomever said men were catching up, not superior to women.

Let's face it - if there were no men in this world and women had found a way to clone themselves I would guess there would be far, far fewer wars; everyone regardless of nationality would be treated equal and the earth would be much better taken care of - to name just a few.

Face it - men are the real evil doers in this world. There is absolutely no question about that whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Who knows perhaps, but they would make society much more fair as they are much more compassionate.

Originally posted by Edrick
Your assertions that women are not capable of evil is startling in its bias, and misandry.

Seriously, the cognitive dissonance of this position is staggering.

Women are Equal to men, but they are more evolved?

Women are more evolved than men, and yet are responsible for almost NO innovations, inventions, or discoveries.

Women have been oppressed, by something that they consider "Genetically Inferior" to themselves?

Lets get our facts straight here.... IF women ran the world... we would still be living in Caves.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thewayforward

very well said!

Originally posted by sos37
I agree with whomever said men were catching up, not superior to women.

Let's face it - if there were no men in this world and women had found a way to clone themselves I would guess there would be far, far fewer wars; everyone regardless of nationality would be treated equal and the earth would be much better taken care of - to name just a few.

Face it - men are the real evil doers in this world. There is absolutely no question about that whatsoever.

We are not getting into this again, are we?

That Women are angelic creatures that can do no wrong?

That if women ran the world, we would be living in some kind of utopia?

Making the world more compassionate?

Really?

Do I have to bring Mary the First up again?

"Bloody Mary" they called her, who ran *ENGLAND*, and united her country under roman Catholicism by BURNING HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE AT THE STAKE?

Exiling THOUSANDS under THREAT OF DEATH?

IT was Called the Marian Persecutions.... THEY WERE NAMED AFTER HER!

SHE Started TWO WARS!

OH, Illusionsaregrander, if you are still reading this thread... THIS is what that 10 page argument was ABOUT.

OH, and just for Honesty's sake... thewayforward... your post is sexist.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here we are live once more at the ATS Title Fight between the sexes and that trickiest and slickest, man’s man of rabbits, the four pawed wonder with the magnificent brain of pure gold is back in the fight.

In a desperate bid to get the final word in edgewise that cunning and crafty, resilient and innovated tag team duo of White Wave and Illusions Grandeur had resorted to feminine trick number 36…

Whipping up an aromatic and absolutely heavenly smelling dish of Carrot Stew, hoping to find their way to Edrick’s heart through their culinary skills and tempting him with a gourmand delight no self respecting rabbit could pass up.

Using a tasty array of organically grown Haitian carrots with a secret mix of herbs and spices that would make Colonel Sanders proud and leaving that hot steaming carroty treat by his dressing room door anonymously signed simply as being: By a fan, Edrick dug into the giant sized vat with all his famed gusto while detecting the subtle yet palpable tastes on his gourmet rabbit tongue of Haitian Carrots.

Suspicious Edrick detoured unearthing perhaps the biggest Haitian conspiracy of them all and posting it to a critically acclaimed thread elsewhere on ATS before finally realizing that it was that devious and determined tag team duo who cooked up the carrot stew!

Now he’s back, live here on ATS fighting mad, kicking and hopping and thumping his paws looking for revenge!

Can the gals figure out another way to get the final word in edgewise the only clear sign of victory in debates between men and women or will that magnificent erstwhile rabbit pumped full of essential vitamins and minerals and with a full stomach show the gals that their latest strategy has backfired on them and take this fight all the way to the next Macy’s White Sale when they are bound to retreat for bargains, bargains galore?

That reminds me it’s time for a word from our Sponsor’s, Macy’s America’s store, Southland brought to you by TNT Networks the groundbreaking new network hit of the 9,000 officers and detectives of the LAPD and their struggles to police a city of 4,000,000! And Johnson and Johnson helping Doctor Mom for 106 years keep their families healthy and safe…

And there back on!

[edit on 20/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If I may inject a bit more insight into this argument:

Perhaps the reason that the Y chromosome is changing is due to the fact that males inherently are competitive creatures; surely it can be seen in every facet of life (sports, warfare, acquiring mates, the workplace, etc). Obviously the male must continually adapt and become more advanced.

And to all who believe that the world would be peaceful if, in fact, males were non-existent, I leave this :

"War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

The absence of males would simply diversify females into two separate groups of peaceful and forceful types, who would eventually develop a pseudo-gender difference at least emotionally and psychologically similar to the divide between males and females. That's just the nature of humanity.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Sorry Protoplasmic Traveler, can't argue now; there's a sale at Macy's.
We'll leave the battle to the X chromosome who is silently and efficiently wiping out the Y chromosome. If the guys want to get up to speed they better hurry up and invent some genetic counter defense.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Sorry Protoplasmic Traveler, can't argue now; there's a sale at Macy's.
We'll leave the battle to the X chromosome who is silently and efficiently wiping out the Y chromosome. If the guys want to get up to speed they better hurry up and invent some genetic counter defense.

Sorry I can't answer I am rushing out the door to the Macy's white sale!

Do you think Lavender for sheets is too gay?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Not for us girls. Lavender is lovely.
When you get done shopping, come on over for some lovely carrot stew I whipped up just for the occasion. I usually serve it with a side of sarcasm but, for you, we have a dollop of charm instead.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Not for us girls. Lavender is lovely.
When you get done shopping, come on over for some lovely carrot stew I whipped up just for the occasion. I usually serve it with a side of sarcasm but, for you, we have a dollop of charm instead.

Should I pick up a wine too? White, a Zinfandel? What about some lovely White Dandrobium Orchids for the table? A loaf of fresh baked bread? I bet Macy's will have some Godiva Chocolates too!

As Rodney King would say "Why can't we all jut get along? "

[edit on 21/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
OOOoooo, Godiva chocolates! It's a date, then. Yes, I think we can all just get along if no one tries to usurp the other.
We are equal in life if not in function.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

OOOoooo, Godiva chocolates! It's a date, then. Yes, I think we can all just get along if no one tries to usurp the other.
We are equal in life if not in function.

Actually I am highly dysfunctional, but I always know where and how to land a good box of chocolates!

Life is like a box of chocolates you never know just what you are getting until you bite into it, and then, well, it's too late!

And slowly peace settles back over the land as once again men and women look for ways to live in harmony...

And they all lived happily every after...

The end!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I have to agree with you Edrick. The "women are inherently more fair and compassionate" stuff IS sexist. And untrue.

Some women will happily bully other women, children, and men if they can get away with it. And, if they cant perpetrate physical violence because of their smaller stature they will use emotional violence and social isolation as their weapons.

Notice however, that I say some. Not all women do this.

But then, not all men are the violent and aggressive cave men that they are stereotyped to be, either.

There are nasty and brutish humans, and there are kind and fair and compassionate humans. Gender is not an easy and quick way to figure out which is which. Each gender comes equipped with its fair share of both kinds. You have to look at individuals individually.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

In a desperate bid to get the final word in edgewise that cunning and crafty, resilient and innovated tag team duo of White Wave and Illusions Grandeur had resorted to feminine trick number 36…

Whipping up an aromatic and absolutely heavenly smelling dish of Carrot Stew, hoping to find their way to Edrick’s heart through their culinary skills and tempting him with a gourmand delight no self respecting rabbit could pass up.

Can you possibly get more sexist? White Wave and I were never a "tag team" (not that I would be opposed to that) and just the simple fact that we both have two X chromosomes does not make us one.

Are you simply trying to get a rise from people? If so, dont you usually go about blathering on about your peace and love egotistical mystical stuff? How does trying to instigate fights where none exist fit in with your delusions of enlightenment? Or is that just a side job?

I am actually disappointed that your off topic, sexist rubbish is even kept in the thread. You never really have commented on the topic at hand, which last time I checked was "Men more evolved?" You basically just seem intent on making random insulting comments aimed primarily at females.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by silentthought38
If I may inject a bit more insight into this argument:

Perhaps the reason that the Y chromosome is changing is due to the fact that males inherently are competitive creatures; surely it can be seen in every facet of life (sports, warfare, acquiring mates, the workplace, etc). Obviously the male must continually adapt and become more advanced.

One theory is that it is due to the fact that female chimpanzees mate with more than one male at a time. Hence the sperm have to compete against sperm from other males to get that egg fertilized. That, they theorize, provides the selective pressure needed to cause accelerated change.

So, if men wanted to evolve even MORE rapidly, polyandry would seem to be a way to make that happen. (If their theory is correct)

www.sciencedaily.com...

"The region of the Y that is evolving the fastest is the part that plays a role in sperm production," say Jennifer Hughes, first author on the Nature paper and a postdoctoral researcher in Whitehead Institute Director David Page's lab. "The rest of the Y is evolving more like the rest of the genome, only a little bit faster."

Because multiple male chimpanzees may mate with a single female in rapid succession, the males' sperm wind up in heated reproductive competition. If a given male produces more sperm, that male would theoretically be more likely to impregnate the female, thereby passing on his superior sperm production genes, some of which may be residing on the Y chromosome, to the next generation.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Also, the chromosome mutating doesn't mean becoming more advanced. It just means mutations, which it has already been document that the y chromosome, like the x chromosome mind you, mutate over time, and can enable the tracing of lineage on the male side through these mutations.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join