It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York cabbie tracks down owner of $21,000 left on back seat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

New York cabbie tracks down owner of $21,000 left on back seat

www.guardian.co.uk

Mohammad Asadujjaman turns down reward after driving over 50 miles in search of Italian tourist who had left handbag behind.

Mohammad Asadujjaman's mother may not have schooled him in the quickest routes through the mean streets of the Big Apple or the best ways to negotiate with its famously plain-speaking inhabitants.

But she does appear to have imbued the 28-year-old New York taxi driver with an even greater gift: incorruptible honesty.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Bet you won't see this story in the US news. They wouldn't want the American public to see Muslims as anything else but terrorists.

Really I find this story incredible, but Islam has truly lead this man on the straight path. Driving 50 miles to deliver $21,000 that somebody left behind? Wow.

I know I wouldn't have the willpower to do that, especially in these hard times.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I hadn't heard anything about it here in the US. I even did a very quick search on cnn.com and didn't find anything.

Anyway, it's an awesome article. My roommate last year was from Tunisia and was muslim, and although I was never your typical ignorant american thinking all muslims were terrorists, I still learned a lot from him.

I remember hearing someone saying something like, "everyone named ahmed and assad and mohammed and mahmoud, etc. should be taken aside in airports and double checked." I thought it was the most ignorant thing ever.

So foreigners, don't think all Americans feel that way about muslims. I like to think of it as the intelligent people know whats up, and the dumb rednecks and/or conservative christians think muslims are bad. Especially christians... just what i've noticed in my life personally.

join