It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot 1040 and the Haitian Earthquake

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialLurker
Well, I don't know anything about sun spots. It was just an idea.

Ideas are good!!!

But it would help if those ideas are based on knowledge already collected.

Peace

[edit on 15/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Same shape? Really freaky, but kewl!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Well, perhaps the sun is part of that "global consciousness", and that what you discovered is, in a way, an abstract reflection of the collective human conscience coming in the form of a sort of Rorschach test. So maybe it is not the cause of the event, rather it's a reflection of human awareness/emotional response to the event.

I'm indeed aware of the Global Consciousness Project, their data correlates strongly with Terence McKenna's 'Novelty Theory' which seems to track conscious experience on a timeline that accelerates exponentially towards a particular nexus point in late 2012. Many of the 'spikes' in their data match crucial points along McKenna's timeline.

I agree with you that it could very well be a reflection of our own collective conscious experience, rather than being the cause. If the Sun were conscious to some degree, and I believe it could be, then it too is involved in this strange feedback loop of synchronicity which seems to be getting tighter in fidelity with each passing day.

Nassim Haramein has interesting theories on both synchronicity and the Sun, and he explains what I'm referring to in these 2 brief video clips:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Maybe off here, but has anyone else had insomnia this week? I usually don't and it has been no fun. It started on 1/8/2010. The same time 1040 started rotating towards us. Just curious.

Wow, that's a pretty interesting angle and as someone who also suffers from insomnia I need to look at that.

Personally, I have been having problems since the 9th. Unusual only in that it is the first reoccurence since early 2006. Had massive problems with insomnia from 2001 through to 2004 which resulted in massive personal changes of lifestyle, career and emotional wellbeing which is the only correlation with anything I have ever recognised before.

Having a quick scout on google would seem to suggest there may be a bit of correlation with solar activity peaks in the period at the turn of the century. Interesting. Anyone with a medical/scientific background who may be able to explain such a correlation or anyone else who recognises similar patterns?

Connected or coincidental? No idea!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar
Fascinating hypothesis OP.
S&F for you!

Good catch! The date 1-12-2010 is interesting as well..

1-1-2-2-1 minus the zeros.

Anyway when I first heard of sunspot 1040 something told me to watch for news about it...

Maybe it's no coincidence.

Ok this gets weirder. A little while ago I began looking at a different subject matter here on ATS and ran across an interesting bit of info..

"One of the biggest and most important emergency numbers that hasn't been used as a fake terror date yet is the number of the European Union, it works over all European Union countries. This number is 112. They advertise it as SOS 112. In date form this can be January 12th." jameshawkings

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

Could be a solar mark on the Sun. A warning to mankind from aliens. Are wheat fields the only place to doodle?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i haven't read the entire thread yet, so forgive me if i'm repeating something already said; i just felt compelled, for some reason, to share this:

i was waiting at the Motor Vehicle Dept. when i saw, on the TV there, the news about the Haiti EQ.
and it showed a map of Haiti, which i immediately saw as an eagle with talons outstretched toward landing.

then, in my mind:
"the Eagle has landed"

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

"One of the biggest and most important emergency numbers that hasn't been used as a fake terror date yet is the number of the European Union, it works over all European Union countries. This number is 112. They advertise it as SOS 112. In date form this can be January 12th." jameshawkings

Misses the fact that in Europe we have our date format the opposite way around. 112 would correspond more with either the 11th February or the 1st of December for a European.

Just like 911; for us, 911 would be the 9th November: the 9th of the 11th.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesyleps

Misses the fact that in Europe we have our date format the opposite way around. 112 would correspond more with either the 11th February or the 1st of December for a European.

Just like 911; for us, 911 would be the 9th November: the 9th of the 11th.

The numbers 112 convert in letters to "AL". But LA is "121". Backwards is "121", therefore:

The number 112 is one of those numbers which can go either way. The letters "Al" converrt to "Aluminum" which converts to "Alien".

The word "Sun" converts to "ET".

Why Haiti? Because of the enormous corruption and the Catholic Church. The 911 implosions were acts of God. The date "911, 2001 AD" converts to the word "Religion".

It is impossible (something that God does well) for the implosions to have been caused by the planes. It is also impossible (the word converts to UFO/ET Possible) for the three perfect implosions to have been caused by "Controlled Demolition".

[snip]

Removed link tp personal blog

[edit on 16/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Originally posted by Faiol
well, the best thing would be to research all the recent earthquakes and to get information on sunspots
[edit on 14-1-2010 by Faiol]

Yes......but then you would quickly discover that this theory only holds water in some cases and since we are looking for evidence to support this theory we are working very hard on ignoring things like..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3622622bcd31b31a.bmp[/atsimg]

With a deathtoll like that i would have expected at least a little spot, right??

Deny ignorance??

Peace

Posting incorrect info is not helpful.

Here is your sunspot on 5/12/08:

May 12 2008 Sunspot # 0993

Certainly not a big one, but one nevertheless.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The thread by Evasius is brilliant -- the shapes of the sunspots and Haiti are certainly enough alike to all but prove that it is not an accident.

But it is not necessary to prove that all sunspots are accompanied by earthly events.

The correlation is between the fact that 911 is the emergency number in the USA and 112 is the same for Europe -- and that the 911 act of god -- date corresponded to the word "religion" -- then look at the terrible religion situation in Haiti.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think this site is turning in to a bit of joke. That's my only comment on this utterly ridiculous thread.

Suggest instead of wasting time discussing such total rubbish you go find a website where you can make a donation and actually do something positive to those suffering.

I am sure the last thing on their minds is that there was a sunspot in the shape of the island.... get off the computer and in to the real world folks.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by highlander08]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
According to spacewather.com, a stream of solar wind emmited from the coronal hole pictured below will reach earth on 01/19/2010.

www.spaceweather.com...

Will we see an increase in major seismic activity on or around this date?

Now I concede that not all seismic activity is related to solar activity, since we have hundreds if not thousand of small earthquakes every day, however does major solar activity- ie; sun spots, coronal mass ejections and solar wind streams trigger major seismic activity?

I know we have discussed direct corelations between sun spot appeareances an earthquakes, but can an arguement be made that it is not the sun spots causing the earthquakes but rather the release of energy that reaches the earth from those wholes or spots that actually affect seismic activity here on earth. Could this be an explanation why on some major seismic events we don't see any spots in the sun on days when major earthquakes happen, could it be that we need to look for major energy releases before an earthquake and see when and if that energy reached earth and what events happened on those dates.

Again I'm no scientist and I don't have the knowledge of one but it is intresting just having an intelectual coversation around the subject.

Thanks again, I really enjoy exchanging ideas even if sometimes they are not based on hard evidence.

One more note;

As mentioned in one of my previous posts the earth was hit by solar wind stream on and around the day of the Haiti earthquake.

Any thoughts or arguments against my homemade theory

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Nice thread!
S en F

To get another view of sunspots, after all the information already given, now go to the presentations of Nasim Haramein.

The Roswell spot has some correlation also.

Try these!

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

greetings lunica

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Evasius... I think your intuition is right, but a little off-track with what you are interpreting. Please look at some of my previous replies to posts on here as well as Solstice's post on page 7 of this thread.

It is NOT coincidence about the energy from the CME arriving here at the same time that we have an earthquake. This has happened with several previous flares, but not all because the way the earth handles the additional input from the sun is not always tectonic. If you cast a wider net, you'll see that extreme weather changes, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and changes in animal migrations all occur almost perfectly in sync with solar disturbances. I'm intensely studying this subject, but there is just way too much data for one or even two people to work on.

Is it starting to make sense to people why the Sun was considered "God" to ancient cultures? Or why every "intelligent" culture before us had an unusual obsession with the sun and how it effects us as we track through the zodiac and precess through the signs?

Do you remember when there was so much activity along the ring of fire a few months ago that people thought it was the big event? I don't think many people realized that during the peak of those quakes, Jupiter was making it's closest approach to Earth. I can provide links but it is just as easy for people to look it up and verify it. It isn't coincidence, and I am working towards showing that it is more than just a string of events that happens at just the right time, or that it's people "cherry-picking" specific events to match up, or pattern-matching just for the sake of finding patterns. Our planet is not a confined bubble that we control, contrary to what many people believe and large things take larger things to effect them, like climate, tectonic plates, etc. In my opinion, as well as some other scientists, planets, suns and moons are about the only things capable of those kinds of changes.

I think we need to start a thread here that specifically keeps track of the link between solar activity and events on earth, not just earthquakes, but all natural events with a little common sense applied. I would expect that some events would have immediate (1-2 day) impacts while others would take a few days, similar to a spring winding up as the energy is being exchanged between the earth and whatever other entity is having the effect on it. If we keep track of extreme weather, volcanic activity, EQ activity and changes in animal migrations, I think we can come up with a damn close correlation between them.

Solstice's comments (page 7) are much closer to how I think things are working and this post encouraged me to write, which I rarely do. S&F for you and Solstice.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Solstice

I think your theory is much more progressed than home-made. There is a lot more credence to this idea than people are willing to give.

As I posted to Evasius, there is a reason ancient cultures worshiped the sun and called it their "God" and sought to understand how it works in accordance with life. 2012, which is such a hot topic, is almost completely based on a civilization that was obsessed with the sun and it's relationship to the earth, and how both related to the precession through the heavens (zodiac). The Egyptians believing in Ra, the "Sun God". This is not coincidence either.

There is definitely a close relationship between the way the earth "behaves" based on energy being exchanged between the sun, other planets and the earth. With regards to the solar flares, I have been able to track the last 4 to either an earthquake, volcanic eruption or extreme change in weather. You can use spaceweather.com as a good place to forecast from, but gathering the actual scientific data is hard and tedious and Evasius and others seem to be better at it than I am, so I am calling for a thread to be started that is used to cast a wider net on "Earth changes" and how they correlate to activity MAINLY from the sun, but should also account for things that alter the normal flow of energy, such as eclipses or close approaches of larger planets.

I know I'm not the only one that "feels" this connection and it's a nagging feeling that is akin to "IT'S RIGHT THERE STUPID!" or when you're looking for your glasses and they are on your face already. I feel like we're all clawing for answers to "confirm" global events and figure out how to protect life and prevent horrific events from happening such as with Haiti, and that the answers are right there in front of us but we're looking through the wrong lens.

Thoughts?

- Namaste

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

SonOfTheLawOfOne, do you think the seals leaving pier 39 is at all related to the recent earthquake near Eureka and perhaps recent solar activity, or can it be that they perceive something major is about to happen.
After i heard about the seals leving Frisco, I wondered if an earthquake was emminent. I did some searching on google and read that the seals actually began staying at pier 39 right after the Loma prieta earthquake in 1989

any thougts?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here is another piece of evidence that may support that solar activity might not be isolated to volcanoes or earthquakes. The following link is to spacewaether.com archive for space weather on 08/23/2005. For those who don't recognize the date, it is when hurricane Katrina began developing in the ocean. Read through the entire forecast for that day and notice how a solar wind stream was due on earth on the dates around the Katrina hurricane. Another interesting development was that a sun spot developed very quickly during that time and it was noted in the forecast that sun spot realesed two strong m class solar Streams on 08/22/2005. It appears those flares reached earth between 08/24/2005 and 08/25/2005. A coincedence?

Check it out

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There is a proven connection between solar activity and seismic activity on Earth. Someone here earlier speculated correctly that solar activity impacts Earth's geomagnetic field; I suspect that strong sunspots (especially after a period of extreme inactivity) combined with large coronal holes can begin to weaken what I would consider "rusty" tectonic plates. Perhaps this is why since sunspot 1035 (which made it around the sun and is currently 1040) we have seen unusual areas of activity, in places like the American midwest. It's not that earthquakes have never occurred in Oklahoma, Kansas, or Nebraska, but they are rare...

Of course no one should assume that all earthquakes are directly related to increased solar activity, but as mentioned earlier, there is evidence that it has been shown to be the case in prior studies. I'm sure more articles like this can be found with a thorough and creative search, but to start with, here's a link to one research abstract from 1989:
www.springerlink.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Nirvana9 - Excellent Find! That is what I mean by people being able to find more details than just I... that is what I would consider a major link in the chain.

Solstice - There is no doubt in my mind that the Seals left the pierce due to the tectonic activity, but not directly what you think. I believe Seals are sensitive to the seismic events, but not as sensitive as the sardines are! Sardines are extremely sensitive to water temperature, and if seismic buildup was causing volcanic vents along the shelf to release more gas and warm the oceans in the area along the west coast just a fraction of a degree, it would drive the sardines to colder water and the Seals would quickly follow. I've also noticed, after living in Florida most of my life and then moving to California, that it has been warmer here the past 7-10 days than in Florida? We got blasted here by a cold front early on in the winter this year, and then while the rest of the country was freezing, it was mild autumn weather here and still is. I can't say if that is because of the effects of solar energy at this time of the year or volcanic vents under the ocean, but I'm almost certain that this week and next will show major shifts in climate from the added energy, like a magnetic whiplash wreaking havoc on the jet stream.

What I have also noticed was that the volcano in the Philippines, after waiting and waiting, blew it's top the day a CME arrived here. And in 2005, it wasn't just Katrina, it was the most active hurricane season ever recorded! I know because I lived in Florida at the time. 2005 also happened to be a year of unusually strong solar activity and very strong flares. 2005 was the year that hurricane names went past Z and started back at A, which has never been done before. If you go HERE, you can see the GOES data for December 2004 at the bottom. It tells the measurement of flares and the class they are in such as C, M, B, etc. Between 12/22 and 12/24, there were 5 C class flares, which isn't anything major, but looking at the surrounding data, the sun was extremely active that month. Coincidence? I doubt it, but again, it is a lot of data to pour through and I really feel requires it's own thread.

In reference to the GOES data in 2004 I was making a reference to it because that was the Boxing Day quake that caused the tsunami.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by SonOfTheLawOfOne]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
The point of this thread is to present to you an observation I made right after the Haitian quake on Jan. 12. I'm making no scientific claims, and I've done no scientific calculations or any extensive research, hence my inclusion of this discussion in the 'Skunk Works' forum. I am proposing however, that there is some sort of meaningful relationship between Sunspot 1040 and the Haitian earthquake.

Here's what I noticed - Sunspot 1040 was not only precisely facing Earth directly at the moment of the Haitian quake, it actually morphed into a shape similar to the Caribbean island chain just before the catastrophe occurred. And the epicenter was located just south-west of an area known as Cite Soleil, or 'Sun City,' probably the most impoverished and densely populated area in the Northern Hemisphere.

After any 'natural' event, I always check the state of the Sun - mainly out of curiosity, and partially out of habit. I suppose I do this because I know the Sun is crucial to our existence on this planet, not only because it holds our planet in place and provides light, heat, etc, but it also affects our human experience on a deep conscious level. It is the very key to our existence. Some believe the Sun has its own unique consciousness, and our collective human consciousness is its spawn and that we're intimately tied to it on all levels. If this is true, perhaps the Sun has been (and still is) attempting to establish some communication between us and it. Considering its erratic behavior of late, what if it's simply reflecting our own erratic behavior as a planetary presence? Could the relationship between Sun and Earth be even more symbiotic than previously thought? I think it could be, take this example of 4 sunspots forming a straight line from last year...what was being said there?

Caribbean Map:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35d526325e50.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82cf67b0af4f.jpg[/atsimg]

Sunspot 1040 on the January 12, 2010:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7d483b68ab9.jpg[/atsimg]

Comparison of the sunspot and map:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a269d617533e.jpg[/atsimg]

It's not an exact match obviously, however the similarities were noticeable enough to catch my attention. I think he can all agree it certainly does not resemble anything else immediately recognizable. However what does correlate between the two even better are the exact centers of each. The epicenter occurred almost precisely at the geographic center of the Caribbean Island chain. The center of Sunspot 1040 is located almost exactly where you would expect Port-au-Prince to be present.

The centers of each surprisingly match[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06ebe2a0a6ca.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f80427b65a8d.gif[/atsimg]

USGS map[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6921468be8e.jpg[/atsimg]

Google maps screenshot of the are with 'Cite Soleil' (Sun City) marked[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c62b9dd64fc2.jpg[/atsimg]

As a footnote, I'm aware that the heightened human capability of pattern recognition can make mountains out of molehills (faces in clouds, the man in the moon), however where would we be as a species if we had merely adhered to logical and prosaic reasoning for every question we've faced throughout history? It's a major factor that has continually distinguished us as capable and sentient beings.

I'm willing to accept these events as natural and non-related, however that subsequently means this is one hell of a coincidence. Given the increase of 'coincidences' and synchronicities in my own life, and likewise in many of yours I assume, then I'm hesitant to leave this one unmentioned.

So the sunspot was directly facing Earth at the time. It was shaped like the Caribbean Islands (not Africa, not Japan, not a banana, not Spongebob - you get the idea). So considering that, does this coincidence have a deeper meaning? If so, what if the Sun is communicating with us? Or what if it's actually intelligently mirroring Earth events somehow? What are the implications and what is it trying to say?

[edit on 14/1/10 by Evasius]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join