It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot 1040 and the Haitian Earthquake

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
OP - You may have found something significant, and here I offer a different hypothesis as to what it might mean.

As I'm sure you are well aware, there is a project at Princeton called the Global Consciousness Project. Long story short, they are detecting the presence of what can only be described as a global awareness of significant human events being communicated in the form of synchronicity of random number generators scattered around the world BEFORE said events occur.

Why do I mention this?

Well, perhaps the sun is part of that "global consciousness", and that what you discovered is, in a way, an abstract reflection of the collective human conscience coming in the form of a sort of Rorschach test. So maybe it is not the cause of the event, rather it's a reflection of human awareness/emotional response to the event.

Great find.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by silentthought38
reply to post by Helmkat

Fantastic article, and a subject that is completely new to me.

Kudos, friend.

Patterns often reveal more about our mindset then they do about the pattern itself. A large part of our evolution has been about avoiding danger, we want to be able to say "stay out of the tall grass at dawn because that is when the Lions hunt", our brains seem to acutally need the danger to stay sharp and much of that primal danger is not present in our modern lives. So when thousands, upon thousands of people are snatched away from the world in disaster we want to be able to learn and avoid their fate. The real lesson here is not about Sunspots and Clouds, its about Poverty and Building codes (its really about that old classic "Location-Location-Location").

So look for the patterns, there might be a Lion there but it might also just be a shadow in the grass.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
great post, dont have time to read the whole thread but was wondering if anybody cobsidered possible connection to the unknown object that flew past the Earth Wednesday? Small object but i didnt hear anything else on this and then the Earthquake happened and i couldnt help but wonder... Norway spiral, sunspots, unknown object doing a flyby, major earthquake- synchronicity is a heck of a thing. a lot of wierd stuff out there.
sorry bout the grammer, using wii browser and my hands are really bad

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kvondy
Your mising some significant quakes...

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by kvondy

Name 'm!!!

You are gonna quote my entire post including picture and thus taking up a lot of unnecessary space only to point out that my source, (USGS no less), has it wrong?

Some people....

Peace

I am gonna call you out on this one....

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kvondy

See Pics on page one, on my post.
2nd

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This was said before by Nassin Haramein, the relation between the sun and earth. Is important to realize that nature is always sendings signals of change, the most recent here on our planet is the finding that the magnetic poles are accelerating towars Russia (on the north pole) and to then on the south.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by lifeinthematrix]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
The point of this thread is to present to you an observation I made right after the Haitian quake on Jan. 12...
[edit on 14/1/10 by Evasius]

Great post. Star and flag....I love reading things like this.

I'd like to add one more thing to this thread:

A while back, Cliff High put out some great graphics, that shows how large solar flares end up shifting the earth's crusts. I will not even try to explain it, because I know I'll explain it wrong and get slammed here on ATS, but if anyone can find it, it's an awesome graphic.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
By the way AMAZING post. I really enjoyed that you were very well spoken, you covered most all major bases of your topic, created some model back-up information to help support the theory and brought to light a new way of looking at the relationship of the Sun and Earth.

Although I do think there is alot of truth to the conceived notion that solar bodies (ie: sun, moon, earth, mars, etc.) could possess some form of consciousness that we could not even begin to really understand. (seeing as how we can barely explain gravity)

I don't believe we are in the favor of their "benevolence". If I was to compare our relationship with the earth, it would be viral (can't say bacteria because even some forms of bacterium are necessary for us to live) We do nothing good for this planet. We pollute all water and air ways (viruses pollute our blood), We rape the crust for materials, such as strip mining and deforestation (viruses can create soars on our skin or loss of hair). On top of it all we create technologies like Nuclear energies and bombs that could exterminate all life on the surface (Viruses can kill).

So to come to some kind of point.... I don't think the earth cares too much about us if it does indeed have some form of consciousness.

Just because it may have consciousness doesn't mean it has compassion.

Even mothers (mother earth) are known to kill there babies......

[edit on 14-1-2010 by FORMe2p00p0n]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hmmmm...okay. So there is no correlation between the biggest earthquakes in the 20th century and the amount of solar activity.

It's a conscious thing, you say! Then the 10 most deadliest quakes of the 20th century should yield some results when compared with solar activity in that century.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/caf9ae0537cf84e2.bmp[/atsimg]

I am not seeing it!! perhaps if i compare solar activity spikes coinciding with the moon phase on the dates those 10 most deadliest quakes occurred and add to that equation alignment of other celestial bodies maybe........

Never mind. I'll stick to real science.......

Peace

[edit on 14/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well i'll be damned.....

Those Chinese guys even managed to censor out their "conscious sunspot reflection".....(or what do we call this theory?)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3622622bcd31b31a.bmp[/atsimg]

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Good spot.

I do believe the sun is soley responsible for the weather conditions on the planet.

This is a very interesting idea you have brought forward.

There is a belief system that man can create an earthquake on the planet. If this is the case maybe the process must be started on the sun. ( Yes I know most will call me crazy , but if you have come across this belief system you may understand what I mean.)

Peace.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by itstheendoftheworldaswekn]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by grantbeed

I don't have any proof or additional data - this is a one-off observance of a colossal oddity.

Given that coincidences and synchronicity have increased with me personally (as well as with others), and that the process seems to be accelerating, then perhaps the same thing can happen between planets and stars. If the structure of space and time is fleshed out fractally, could then relationships follow a fractal schematic where miniscule relationships mirror universal relationships?

Anyway, I haven't looked into past sunspots. I would assume if there had always been a relationship then it would have been discovered by now.

You seem to be saying that there might be a "Physics" like relationship between the sun spot and the earthquake. Did you consider that as the number of "coincidences" increase, at some point there are so many of them that it becomes proof of a collective miracle -- like the Corn Circles and UFO Sightings -- like proof of the existence of a GOD.

[snip]

Removed link tp personal blog

[edit on 16/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hello

I'm a first time poster. I am really facinated by this subject.
With all this 2012 theories I really began to wonder the effect of solar activity on our earth. I began to ponder if earthquakes and volcanic eruptions had any corealation to solar activity. I looked in spacewather.com and began looking at information regarding solar spot activity and solar flares. On 01/10/2010 I saw a forecast stating that a solar flare would reach earth between 01/12/2010 and 01/13/2010. I wondered if the solar flares would cause an earthquake or volcanic activity. So I waited to see if anything would happen. By coincedence two sizable earthqukes happened between 01/10/2010 and 01/13/2010. Coincedece?who knows.

Since the subject intrigued me I did some Internet research and I stumbled on this website www.gisdevelopment.net... In it a found a refernce to earthquake clouds. It explained that ther has been some reports of these clouds appearing in the sky before,during and after earthquakes. As if by coincedence I looked outside the night before the Haiti earthquake and saw a cloud formation similar to the ones shown in the above website. At that moment. I began to wonder if solar actiity nfluences more than just earthquakes. Sure enough the next day I saw the news about Haiti and my heart dropped to the floor.

Now I'm no scientist nor do I claim to understand everything that happens when there is solar activity but it was truly mind boggling to think that answers to some of earth mysteries might be right above us.

Some questions that I pondered were:

Are cloud patterns affected by solar activity?

Does the sun have different effects on earth depending on it's cycle?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has brought this up yet...Evasius, have you checked timewave zero?
This might be an event that could further validate it.

Just a thought

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
nevermind

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

A casual read through makes me think you're onto something. My only problem? How does the sun recognize land from sea? It's all matter.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
fantastic theory, very interesting read, thanks for posting

Even if it turns out they aren't connected, s+f anyway, good work

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Our Sun, like a crystal ball! interesting indeed, however, i agree with "tooo many pills" that the Moon has the greatest effect especially when it's a New (or Full) Moon...on the same side as the Sun and the first New Moon after Perihelion!

aa.usno.navy.mil...

i predicted a major earthquake near the end of last year for what its worth

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Another interesting idea I ran across whe looking up solar activity and earthquakes is a phenomena called earthquake lights(I don't have a link but a quick google search will turn out some images). From what I read "eartquake lights" happen before, during and after an earthquake.
Now I have never expirinced the phenomena my self but most of the explanations I have seen, have compared earthquake light with the effect of northern lights. From my understanding of northern light it appears the phenomena occurs when solar flares reach earth an interact with our atmosphere(please don't quote me on this, this is a very complicted phenomena which I'm generalizing just for the sake of discussion) I began to wonder if these earthquake lights are actually a manifestation of solar energy hitting earth and therefore acting as a way to predict earthqukes and perhaps adding some validity to the arguement that sola activity influnces different aspects of the earth.

Has anybody ever seen these "earthquake lights" in person?

If you did, was there any noticible effect on earth-ie: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, etc

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

After any 'natural' event, I always check the state of the Sun - mainly out of curiosity, and partially out of habit. I suppose I do this because I know the Sun is crucial to our existence on this planet, not only because it holds our planet in place and provides light, heat, etc, but it also affects our human experience on a deep conscious level. It is the very key to our existence. Some believe the Sun has its own unique consciousness, and our collective human consciousness is its spawn and that we're intimately tied to it on all levels. If this is true, perhaps the Sun has been (and still is) attempting to establish some communication between us and it. Considering its erratic behavior of late, what if it's simply reflecting our own erratic behavior as a planetary presence? Could the relationship between Sun and Earth be even more symbiotic than previously thought? I think it could be, take this example of 4 sunspots forming a straight line from last year...what was being said there?

very impressive, evasius. i held a belief from childhood that our thoughts effect our sun which decides our weather. other writers have claimed not only that the stars effect our DNA but that we effect the stars also. and why not? from a holograghic universe point of view it makes perfect sense.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join