It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot 1040 and the Haitian Earthquake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
reply to post by OpenYourHead

I'm not comparing physical size, only the shape and the location of the center in each structure. According to spaceweather.com the sunspot is already the width of 10 Earths side by side - which is most decidedly bigger than Haiti.

spaceweather.com...

Image: spaceweather.com...

I suppose more thought should go into this. The sun is a very interesting place. Do you know of any ancient historical references about the sun that may back your theory?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenYourHead
Its an interesting analysis, but that sunspot is 8 to 10 times the size of earth. I don't think you can correlate it to the geography of Haiti or an earthquake.

Maybe it's not the sun projecting at us, it's us projecting at it. Or just the ratio is proportional to the diameter.

Interesting and compelling nonetheless.

I did see somewhere before that the financial doldrums tend to follow the solar patterns or vice versa. It should not be a shock to anyone that believe "the secret" / attraction theory etc etc.

As usual Evasius, great post and well done for thinking outside the box outside the box outside the box!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Starred and flagged.

Interesting observation and cross reference.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
So the theory here is that Sunspots may cause events here on Earth, and this time a Sunspot was caught being nearly the same shape as the Haitian islands, so it raised your curiosity?

To test the theory , you would have to go back to the SOHO archives and plot every Sunspot and it's relation to catastrophic events on earth, and show direct correlation/causation, or else it's just coincidence.

One thing to think about is, is it possible that ATSers have caught an anomaly that worldwide scientists have missed to predict events, and it's being blown wide open here in 2010 on ATS forum?

Not likely.

But if you feel you "have something", by all means replicate the data for other large scale events in history, and I'll become a believer.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
As always, Evasius, very interesting! I had to S+F just because it was so unusual to see, and was put together very well.

It could be a coincidence, but I think that would be one hell of a coincidence. Sure, if you look hard enough and long enough, you will find just about anything, but this could be something different. I have never heard of any link between Sunspots and Earthquakes (be it consistent or only in minor numbers), but the idea of it makes sense to me. I really do think that there is more to the Sun and the other bodies in our Solar System than what we are led to believe (be that intentional or not).

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Good thread Evasius, i am still in doubt that this "theory" will hold up. There might be a correlation between sunspots and natural disasters on earth but i do not think one is causing the other. If anything, they are both the result of something else.
The shape of the sunspot resembling the island of Haiti is indeed striking but then again isn't every sunspot kinda shaped like this??

Anyway, the way you present your case is worthy of a flag!!

reply to post by timewalker

If you are going to do the science, don't just limit yourself to present data that corresponds to your theory. You must have noticed the sunspots for the 2008 Sichuan quake or the 2009 L'Aquila quake......right?

All in all an interesting theory but i am afraid we can only ascribe those sunspots corresponding to earthquakes to shear coincidence.

Just my 2 cents..

Peace

[edit on 14/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
S&F mate.

No matter how sceptical someone may be, there is no denying the similarity between the sunspots and the islands. That is very remarkable.

That will be an interesting thing to keep an eye on during the year.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
DAMN IT OP!!!
you are the freaking mAN!
i have been looking online to see if there was any solar activity. I really do believe its linked to earthquakes...and BAM
you just go ahead and gave me everything i was looking for to confirm my beliefs.
Your on to something...
def. onto something

star...flag...beer...steak..
lol

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I have been of the opinion for a long time that the sun has a direct realtion to our natural disasters.

Not so much the sunspot side of things, but more due to which way earth's electromagnetic field is facing, either north or south, (south means more stuff from the sun gets into earths atmosphere.

I also look at the density of the solar wind, and believe this has more to do with our disasters than just the sunspots. The sun can spit a CME at us with a sunspot.

I have looked around on the interwebs, and a lot of people have the opinion that the sun's surface activity correlates to the surface activity here on earth.

I feel that it has everything to do with magnetism, us, our planet, our solar system, and our universe.

A big tangled magnetic mess!!

Anyone else with a similar opinion?

Cheers

MM

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Wonders if anything wild was going on with the sun during the time of the Norway Spiral...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
And what of these?

#
# Magnitude 6.5 OFFSHORE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA January 10, 2010
# Magnitude 4.1 SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA January 07, 2010
# Magnitude 6.8 SOLOMON ISLANDS January 05, 2010
# Magnitude 7.2 SOLOMON ISLANDS January 03, 2010

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
interesting theory.

had to give you a s&f for the effort and bringing a new idea to the table.

I feel the same way, S&F.

It's all very interesting to say that least, but to say that the sun is its on consciousness is a bit too far. Like I don't disagree it may be conscious, in fact I believe everything is - everything is made up of energy.

But all consciousness is one, so as I can see what you're saying could technically be true, it's a lot of speculation. But looking the the first part of the OP, it's definitely some new & interesting ideas. That's cool that you pay attention to the sun when natural disasters hit, I think there are a lot of other forces at work as well other then our own 'mother nature' and HAARP

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
i just had a flash of insight. If the sun spot was going across the sun's surface as it rotated, would it not be then possible to cause a synchronous earthquake on the opposite side of earth as the magnetosphere snaps backwards against itself, forcing the plates on the opposite side of the world to react accordingly?

The magnetosphere takes atleast a day to snap back, and that would cause the earthquake? what do you guys thing?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
OOOh i like this thread. That is a pretty cool idea and something i think you could research alot! The evidence should all be pretty easy to find.. i think you might get slightly addicted to researching it and you have to be careful you dont start making sunspots fit your theory.

S+F very interesting indeed.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I am impressed with these observations and even more concerned with what it could mean. These coincidences’ are too convenient for me to believe that they are just natural occurring solar activity that also somehow correlates to the exact geographic location on Earth where the final affect is felt.

When I viewed the geographic correlation of the sun spots to the geographic location on Earth, there is indeed what appears to be an uncanny connection. What immediately came to my mind is whether any of the HAARP facilities no matter where they are located had any facility activity prior to the earthquakes hitting Haiti or San Francisco and the other events we have seen in the last couple of months.

While I realize this may be a long shot, I suspect for my own reasons that if there is indeed some connection to the geographic location on Earth as compared to the where the sun spots are occurring on the suns surface that the affect is being created intentionally for reasons which we do not fully understand by technology which we are not aware of and when witnessed would not reveal itself as being secret technology abuse.

If the power usage used by the HAARP facilities shows any significant activity in the hours or days prior to the Haiti earthquake, then It would signal the possibility that the sun spot activity is being generated or manipulated on purpose to produce the desired affect of an earthquake where the focus point of the HAARP beam designates on the sun. If this is even partially true then it would imply that there are those that have an understanding of science and of technology which the public is not aware of. It could even be non HAARP technology, but I suspect HAARP.

Overall I am glad that I spend the time reading the many postings on ATS. Having found this posting, the ramifications are creating a storm of ideas in my mind. I will wait to see if some scientific reading or anomaly in the days or hours prior to the Haiti earthquake occurred. If it did, we will have a key clue as to how this earthquake phenomena is being generated. While I could speculate as to why someone would use such technology to create earthquakes, we could ask the same question of those that want to control the weather.

If any HAARP facility had correlating power surges prior to the Haiti earthquake, then it could well be the clue that allows us to pursue this lead to an understanding that perhaps secret technology is being used to somehow alter or affect the magnetic properties of sun spots to affect a correlating response on Earth.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Star and Flag from me too. And I am more a lurker then a poster. But I was glad to see a couple of things. First that this is a 'theory' and that your not trying to ram it down every other members throat as a truth you have discovered. One of my pet hates about this whole site, is the way people try and their ideas down your throat. Well done.

Other thing I found interesting is that I to believe that sun spots and solar flares have some unknown effects on the earth that science has not discovered, and your theory is a step in finding out these things. Being involved in amateur radio in the past, and as most amateur radio operators know, is that the sun spot cycle has some amazing effects on the radio spectrum and the ionosphere. So i would not surprise me that it may also effect other aspects of our planet, such as gravity fluctuations and climate. In fact I think that climate change is nothing but related to the sun spot cycle, but thats for another topic.
But being that sunspots have these effects on our planet, it makes you wonder if it can cause fluctuations in the earths gravity enough to cause events such as earth quakes. Maybe someone with more time on their hands then me can work on that theory.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Fascinating hypothesis OP.
S&F for you!

Good catch! The date 1-12-2010 is interesting as well..

1-1-2-2-1 minus the zeros.

Anyway when I first heard of sunspot 1040 something told me to watch for news about it...

Maybe it's no coincidence.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

If you go to the spaceweather archives for 2, 4, 6 and 8 Jan 2010, you will notice on those days the solar wind is above 2 protons/cm3

Usually it sits below 1

I dunno if that has anything to do with it, any other opinions?

S&F I hope you get a lot more input from others with a bit more of a clue so I can learn something.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack

When I viewed the geographic correlation of the sun spots to the geographic location on Earth, there is indeed what appears to be an uncanny connection.

While I'm never against a good theory you are overlooking some obvious facts.
The Sun's rotation period is 25.38 days, ergo the sunspot will have tracked across the Earth 25 times. Therefore there is no "geographic location" that correlates to a sun spot.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well deserved S&F for your out of the box thinking OP!!

I've read what you have postulated and you have pretty much echoed my own thoughts on this event. I am convinced that there must surely be a correlation.

I also keep tabs on the Magnetosphere at this site ... Real-time Magnetosphere ... and I've noticed some crazy stuff going on up there when we're having crazy stuff happen down here.

Of course, and like others, I cannot say with any measure of certainty that the sunspot caused the tragedy in Haiti but my speculation does lean in that direction.

How can we not think that events on the Sun will not have a direct effect on Earth and our outer mantles of protection?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join