It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call to the People of the World to Support Iceland Against the Financial Blackmail of the British

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

A Call to the People of the World to Support Iceland Against the Financial Blackmail of the British and Dutch Governments and the IMF

tarpley.net

January 5, 2010 is a historical day for Icelanders. The Icelandic President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson had a tough decision to make, and difficult choices to make. To listen to the 23% of the nation that signed a petition calling on him to put the state guarantee for 5.4 billion dollars to be paid to the British and Dutch governments to a national referendum. Or to ignore the nation and sign the bill for the government, after the bill had been passed through the parliament with a narrow vote on Dec
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Iceland is being blatantly blackmailed by the IMF and other to cough up money lost by speculators. It's really messed up that the general population should have to pay for the speculation of a few traders, or get faced with being a "terrorist."

The Brits have seized the private funds of Icelanders who were holding funds in British banks, even if the funds were held in Iceland.

tarpley.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

And why should British banks pay for failed Icelandic investments?

Oh, and why neglect to add Dutch banks to your title?
Is this just another attempt to whip up anti-British sentiment here on ATS?

Essentially Brown bailed his cronies out when their ineptitude found them out and in turn has bankrupt this country.
Why should the British taxpayer pay for Icelandic incompetence when we are already pissed off over bailing our own banks out?

Just to add; I am no lover of the British banking system at all and am disgusted that our government bailed them out to the tune of about 850billion pounds.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Don't you think the Icelander really deserve this? It seems they forget the good time when they had a lot of British money to spend.

Iceland's interest rate was more than 15% in order to lure British. What is the difference between this and a Ponzi scheme?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Why should the British taxpayer pay for Icelandic incompetence when we are already pissed off over bailing our own banks out?

Just to add; I am no lover of the British banking system at all and am disgusted that our government bailed them out to the tune of about 850billion pounds.

Why should any private citizens or government supposedly run for the people of the country as a whole bail out private investors who lost money?

I am sorry your government sold you down the river in favor of the big investors. I am sorry my government did the same to me and my countrymen and women. However, it is up to us in our own countries to make the rich bankers eat their own debts. Not Iceland. They are doing what we should have done. Banks dont share their profits with the "people" of a country when their investments pay off, do they? So why should they be allowed to make us responsible for their bad investments?

It just seems like sour grapes to me. I hope their government actually listens to them. And if it doesnt, I hope they overturn it. (Legally, of course) Which is what we Americans and you Brits should have done too. But just because we complained a little while getting screwed, but still stood there and took it, I dont see any reason why the Icelanders should do the same.

If British banks lost money in Iceland, too damn bad. Investing is a gamble. Sometimes you lose. At least thats the way it works for us little people.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamspark

Iceland's interest rate was more than 15% in order to lure British. What is the difference between this and a Ponzi scheme?

Tip for the future;

If a bank is offering you an outrageous amount of interest for your deposit, dont do it unless its money you can afford to lose.

You cant con an honest person. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Yadda yadda yadda. There are tons of sayings regarding the concept. High returns on investment usually mean high risk. Individual people off the street may not know that, but if big investors and banks dont, there is a big problem. Especially since they do the same to us by charging higher interest the riskier we are as borrowers.

People got greedy. They gambled and they lost.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sounds like Iceland may need more than money. When the IMF and England want something, they usually use their collection agents to get it.

Good luck Iceland.

You will be starting the fight, hopefully you won't be the last.

And for all worrying about their defaulting on the money, just have your country's bank just print up some new dough.

Here, I will sign for a loan for 5 billion, now loan 100 billion out on that signatory and alls good.

The global fiat system is done. Your money is only an illusion. It has no value. It is all perception of reality, not true reality.

I am really praying now for total collapse of the Fiat system.

Can anyone say "FIGHT CLUB!"

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is not Island x UK quarell. Island was not bankrupted by Britons nor Islanders - at least at direct way. Follow the money. Who gained? Britons? Islanders? NO - just banksters. Do not use their services, do not use money at all. All those bastards will be stripped of power. Find your way how to escape global economy and focuse yourself on local economy. If you posses land DO NOT SELL IT.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
As a Brit, i can understand the frustration of the Icelandic people.

How about we settle this by offering them the heads of say twenty bankers?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Do not be niggard - offer at least 100 heads

It is time for old good Marx - do they anything real? NO. They do just debts. Real economy do not need banks as exists know. Labour is wealth. What bankers produce? Just badly formated M$ spread sheets. Nothing more.
1. tell every bank staff that they are leeches
2. do not use their services - (it is hard and in current world almost impossible - keep the fight!)

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad

That's true my friend.

But it does hurt me to see my government upsetting the balance of another nation. All i want to say is...

This is not a reflection of the British people.

More so just a passing stab by the greedy #s that rule the planet.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I thought Iceland was already broke? How can England expect them to pay?

How do the bankers of every country all @#$% up at the sametime all over the globe?

I understand that banks lend money to other banks over and over again, but how bad is your business practice that if one bank in the world fails, every bank in every country follows down the whirlpool to failure?

The governments should have nationalized every bank that failed and operate them as non-profit or at the bare minimum profit for the good of the taxpayers.

First we have the military complex gaining billions for a false war,
then we have the bankers gaining billions for destroying the economy,
then we have the pharmaceutical companies gaining billions for a false pandemic.

Anyone want to guess who will make the next multi-billion dollar cash grab before the SHTF?

new topics

top topics

join