It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Test

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

its called unconditional love!

Now theirs a concept, It's a small word with a very big meaning. OK you can go onto the list of first responders. You never know, someone at a spiritual level may be reading my list. Hope it never comes to that, but at least the list is growing.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I assert that you have no authority over us, and I reject any claim of yours to the contrary. We will make our own decisions."

The alien hovers in front of you looking confused, rarely has he seen such courage in the face of impending doom. He smiles with what looks something like a mouth on the top of it's head. He drifts back to his ship. Moments later you hear a metallic whirring sound emanating from the light as it ascends at great speed into the upper atmosphere.

You stand there stunned at the event that just happened wondering if you had done the right thing. Moments later.........

Kaboom

[edit on 14-1-2010 by kennyb72]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

I would like to think I could follow that if it meant my death but in todays world I bet someone would find me and say "what a chump by the way who's paying the bill for the funeral?"

The alien scratches what appears to be his head and responds by saying, "don't worry, with what will be left of you their won't be a need for a funeral".

Thank you on behalf of humanity .... on the list

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

*sigh*

So the alien judges me guilty of trying to help enlighten people, better the economy and blows the world up.

What a wise alien....

Judging a race on one person is foolish in my honest opinion.

You have an orange aura i have a indigo aura. Go look Indigo Aura up and you will see my spiritual advancement

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

The alien looks at your indigo aura color relating to the third eye, visual and pituitary gland. Intuitive, sensitive, deep feeling and wonders why one so spiritually aware was not prepared to sacrifice himself to save the rest of his brothers and sisters. It looks at you with sad deep eyes and you see what could only be a tear.

Moments later your realize the ship and the entity dissolve in front of you. You look up to the sky and see it start to glow with a deep indigo color and think to yourself "That is the same color as my aura"

Kaboom

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix

What a wise alien....

Of course and agreed on that. This alien is pretty hardcore I'd say. No room for appeal.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Kaboom

I'm glad you're not responsible for judging mankind, kennyb72. So far your alien has blown up people he's described as "spiritually aware," people who've tried to be clever, people who have tried to reason with him, people who showed so much courage that he smiled...

...I begin to wonder what sort of "help" he was offering the people of those he was able to scare into self destruction.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Of course and agreed on that. This alien is pretty hardcore I'd say. No room for appeal.

The alien is very specifically looking for a character trait that would define an entire species.

He would be able to see that the collective consciousness had reached the point where every member shared the same love for its kind.

If I was the alien, I think that this fact alone would be evidence of spiritual maturity.

You're still at the top of the list by the way

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
"Everyone on this planet is worth saving," I would reply, "And this planet is worth saving. As far as whether the technology in the long run would be good for us or not, that would remain to be seen, but I won't do anything to cause your people to wipe us out or destroy our home!"

I'd be absolutely terrified, and would probably be in tears. I'd show this being whatever I could in my mind about the beauty of the earth and the best of humanity. And especially everyone and everything in my life that means so much to me.

And then I'd have to continue, in probably a really, really shaky voice by that point. "If you have to destroy me, then do it if that means you'll spare everyone and everything else. Just do something for me, ok? In addition to sparing the rest of the world, I mean."

By this point I'd be thinking of all my loved ones I'd never get to see again, and all the things I'd never get to do again.

"Tell my loved ones what happened and how much I love them. They deserve to know, and to have closure, and to confront the person who killed me and know why, even if there's no way in the multiverse anyone could be expected to understand something like this! And...since I"ll never get to enjoy another day at the beach again, go to [name of a particular beach]. It's one of the most beautiful places in the world with its fine white sand and calm blue-green waters. Enjoy a swim for me. And they have the best fish sandwiches and fries at the pavillion. Try that for lunch one day and dedicate it to me, ok?"

Then, I'd say a quick prayer that the rest of the world would indeed be spared, forgive this being, and pray that somehow it would all turn out all right...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I'm glad you're not responsible for judging mankind, kennyb72. So far your alien has blown up people he's described as "spiritually aware," people who've tried to be clever, people who have tried to reason with him, people who showed so much courage that he smiled...

Don't get upset about it LordBucket, it is hypothetical after all and is meant to be a bit of fun. I have presented a scenario where the alien race that goes about doing the cleansing, have a very specific and narrow scope of reference.

They are looking for perfection in a species.

Please refer to the post immediately after yours.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariel

That was just beautiful Ariel, you are a credit to the human race. The alien reaches out to you and you take his hand, tentacles, furry thing, whatever, and you both dissolve and reappear, inside of a strange craft with many more of the beings surrounding you. You look at the being who is still holding your hand and he says

to be continued

by ................

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Please refer to the post immediately after yours.

Yes, I see it.

And yet I wonder if perhaps you're demonstrating the very phenomenenon you described in your first post: You're creating scenarios from your subconsciounes asking for the destruction of humanity.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

And yet I wonder if perhaps you're demonstrating the very phenomenenon you described in your first post: You're creating scenarios from your subconsciounes asking for the destruction of humanity.

Good grief NO, I think humanity has so much potential, we just need to backtrack a little way and continue on our true path.

I love humanity, period I want us to survive all the tests that the universe presents us with. As I stated earlier, it would be the hardest thing to do, to leave my loved ones. Presented with this scenario I would do whatever it took to save humanity, as is the case with a number of members who have responded.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Thank you, KennyB, and thank you for such a powerful scenario! I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this continues on the ship and what happens next.

This would really make a great short story, role play, or choose your own adventure.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Ariel]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
The alien is very specifically looking for a character trait that would define an entire species.

He would be able to see that the collective consciousness had reached the point where every member shared the same love for its kind.

If I was the alien, I think that this fact alone would be evidence of spiritual maturity.

You're still at the top of the list by the way

I guess you established the being as male. Ok, so I guess they can't be that different.

It's possible I would not be tapping the collective consciousness but just a bit ahead of the game in my awareness. There could have been such examples thousands of years ago, I'm sure there were, yes there were, but think of all the brutal history that transpired anyway.

So, I'm saying how would he judge it as collective versus having found an unusual person? An average person is an abstract idea so a random choice of a single individual will never truely represent the species in some mass way.

Then there's the matter of humanity getting wind of what occurred. This might not be a good way to earn their trust, by killing one of their own, in fact I'm sure it's not. He would be wise to ultimately spare the life of the individual, for the benefit of the collective perception. The earnest willingness should be enough.

Even Q never killed Jean Luc, well, not permanently anyway.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariel

This would really make a great short story, role play, or choose your own adventure.

I am happy you are enjoying the adventure so far, it is working out to be an interesting thread for me and my faith in humanity is growing with it.

Stay tuned and see what eventuates.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Not letting the alien do what I must to help the world, might as well destroy it, because without intervention in 2007 China may have come to collect already and war would have broken out.

So the Alien would be intervening with my destiny.

But Since you are the real judge and have no consideration for my story, rather then a real alien you wouldn't understand..

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

It's possible I would not be tapping the collective consciousness but just a bit ahead of the game in my awareness. There could have been such examples thousands of years ago, I'm sure there were, yes there were, but think of all the brutal history that transpired anyway.

I guess what the alien is looking for is a permanent paradigm shift within the collective consciousness. After all, what I have witnessed so far, a large proportion of responses have been from those who would sacrifice all in the given circumstances.

It could be that part of the gift to humanity offered by the alien would be the ability for us all to access our one mind, which would then cause the rest of our species to conform to the majority with regard to our spiritual growth.

Something the entity would want, before humanity is leashed upon the rest of the universe.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Dear Quickfix, If you where to provide the alien with the evidence of growth he was seeking, there would never again be war between mankind.

Remember that it is not the majority of people in the world that want war. In fact it is an incredibly small amount of people who cause wars, but unfortunately they are the one that do the manipulating.

It is not me judging your story, It is the strict terms laid out by the alien in the original encounter. At this point this is all we know.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
Something the entity would want, before humanity is leashed upon the rest of the universe.

If corporate interests and greed ruled our interstellar relations, we would be a fairly viscious entity. There is a chance we could unite amongst ourselves, sacrifice for each other but still be a disease to everyone else. Really, I still think it unwise to have a negative be instilled into the collective consciousness from the start of a new era of contact. Covering something, covering it with lies, or starting with a violent act, is quite the wrong foot on which to start. My guess is the being would know better if they were to be even potentially friendly for more than self interest. Heck, even Q waited until humanity was out and about for awhile to even put them to task (when they became "interesting" enough).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join