It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut up, you numbskulls

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Right...I read page one and figured the next two pages would be about the same.

:shk:Your completly right...this is the reason I avoid the mud pit. And ATSNN is going down the pan too because of Bush. I'm bloody fed up of everything having to evolve around the spanner monkey. Granted, he IS the American President, so he is going to be mentioned alot...but there are OTHER subjects other than him. What about (for the British here) the state of the NHS, education etc. ALSO I happen to be quite disgraced at the fact that there is no mention of the huge floods in the Caribbean at the moment on ATSNN, par a teeny link at the side of world news; because a of course another Iraqi news story is far more important than a major disaster!
If the word 'Bush' is all that falls out of your mouth in most if not every post on ATS, you are basically giving him bigger power (after all, all press is good press...for the most part.) :shk:

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by LadyCool21]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
From Pisky:

Personally I wish we could just educate people to realise that everyone is worthy of respect and if everyone was treated well, they would be happy to work for the good of all.

Right after they hit you behind the ear with a cudgel and lift your wallet..

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord kumbaya

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
From LadyCool21:

ALSO I happen to be quite disgraced at the fact that there is no mention of the huge floods in the Caribbean at the moment on ATSNN, par a teeny link at the side of world news; because a of course another Iraqi news story is far more important than a major disaster!

There's this little button on the top right of the thread. It says NEW TOPIC.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I mean you numbskull, that it should be headline news.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This explains why you missed the posts about name-calling, youth, and yuppies. And beer.

From LadyCool21:
Right...I read page one and figured the next two pages would be about the same.

Originally posted by LadyCool21
I mean you numbskull, that it should be headline news.

:shk:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

I agree, but the majority of people on this board are little kiddies who just repeat what they are told mainly by teachers.
Curme, us secret service, orang, just ot name a few. they are taking up the majority of the mud pit and they aren't even 17 yet.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by TrueLies]

What? How did I get dragged into this? What did I do? But just for the record:

Me
Registered 12/21/03 (2.26 messages per day)
Posts 353 (0.06% of total posts.)

US.SecretService
Registered 5/18/04 (4.27 messages per day)
Posts 33 (0.01% of total posts.)

Orang
5/10/04 (4.92 messages per day)
Posts 79 (0.01% of total posts.)

TL
Registered 1/20/04 (9.39 messages per day)
Posts 1187 (0.21% of total posts.)

I was curious, so a quick search revealed that TL has more posts than all of us combined! As for MudPit Thread starters, here's a break-down:

Me: 1
Orang: 4
US Secret Service: 2
True Lies: 8

Again, more than us combined. Hmm... I'm beginning to believe that you can't believe True Lies. Does that mean I'm not 17?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
GOOD GOD, it's ruining the pit. The venom is so thick that there is no longer much distinction between idiotic threads.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by KrazyJethro]

The Pit was never a good idea to begin with, in my opinion. All that was necessary was the moderation, which was happening, on the other war/political forums.
The Pit gave rise to the only defense tool for the indefensible(Bush): beligerent rhetoric.
The reason you see the top ten threads dealing with Bush is because he sucks. If all the things being roiled against are sharing a common root in the Bush administration, you are seeing divesity.

Again, the Pit sucks because it siphons off legitimate points of contention that can be discussed in the serious forums & makes them open to caveman level discourse. The Pit doesn't suck because it does provide a very necessary steam vent.
It's really like having a very sexy paramour......who has multiple personality disorder....."The booty's good, but you never know what you're going to get"

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

What? How did I get dragged into this? What did I do? But just for the record:

Me: 1
Orang: 4
US Secret Service: 2
True Lies: 8

Again, more than us combined. Hmm... I'm beginning to believe that you can't believe True Lies. Does that mean I'm not 17?

what the hell does that have to do with anything??? The topic is about bush bashing, I just named you because you and orang made all these stupid posts about bush this bush that, bush's fault for this, bush's fault for everything...

When imo, all those new topics about anti bush could of gone into just one thread since it was all about the same #...
And you guys posting that stuff have no idea what your talking about.
If you did, I highly doubt you would be asking questions after you get your ass handed to you. But I understand because you boys are so young and your just getting spood fed liberal hooey.
It's good to have an opinion, but there's also a thing called having an original opinion, and that doesn't come by having some people brainwash you and tell you that things are the way they are because they think so. All i'm saying is before you become anti bush do some research because you kids have no idea about what your talking about and it's pissing people off because the mud pit has turned into #e recently... quit making the same new topics about anti bush when your basically saying the same thing over and over.... there... now how many times did i repeat myself??

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm not anti Bush, but if we're gonna discuss Bush we have to discuss a great point brought up by George Carlin. Isn't it possible that the Bush family takes us to war because they are insecure about their surname? Is it possible that George Boner could be the bigger man and not run around deposing everyone who doesn't do as he commands?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
A Carlin post. God bless George,Carlin that is, to show us the light when things get tense. It's not just Bush though, I think that the Rep. only solution to economic stability is through arms. You have to go back to post Korea to see a rep. gov.t that wasn't at war.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
George Carlin is God

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
George Carlin is God

ACK!!!!

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Sapphire]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
It's really like having a very sexy paramour......who has multiple personality disorder....."The booty's good, but you never know what you're going to get"

Aw, BT, I'm disappointed that you feel that way but, I do like your analogy.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Don't look at me. I haven't posted a thread about Bush in the past 2 weeks or so. He hasn't done anything interesting enough forme to comment on lately.

I noticed that. Is it getting so bad that the Colonel is staying away?

Probably, I've been doing the same thing, just reading, no posting.

Well, honestly, I have been the best Bush/repugnant basher here. There is now pretty much nothing left to be said. Everything I said in my very first thread here ("A Letter to Republicans" Or "On Repugnants" or something like that) on ATS I have proved. There is nothing left but to wait until November 3 for the New Day.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Well, honestly, I have been the best Bush/repugnant basher here. There is now pretty much nothing left to be said. Everything I said in my very first thread here ("A Letter to Republicans" Or "On Repugnants" or something like that) on ATS I have proved. There is nothing left but to wait until November 3 for the New Day.

Granted, and I agree with you. I know that new people come here and the discussion of Bush will continue, but maybe you could chalk it up to the fact that I think with the size and force ATS can muster, it could be something better with a little effort.

I love ATS, and can directly atribute it to a good portion of (and good motivation to research) my learning about world topics in the quest to deny ignorance.

Here's a plan, and I'd like to know who's with me.

Come together ATS. I understand our differences, but in order to do battle against the mindless media drones and propoganda machines, we need to seek information and discuss it.

We need to seek out knowledge. Scold those who post tripe and unsubstantiated garbage ESPECIALLY OUTSIDE THE PIT.

The Mods can't do it all. Take pride in the community the founders set up FOR US.

I love this place, and can't stand by and watch it turn into Yahoo Chat.

a/s/l anyone?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Like I'd give up good booty!?!

It was like a vacum, though, when the pit opened for business. Posters anticipated that they'd recieve beligerent rhetoric, so it came here automatically....which pretty much suffocated the legit debate attempts on the subject matter.

KJ

Was " Kumbaya" playing in the background when you wrote that?

I'm all for self policing, I'm all for genuine discourse. But, you have blind support equipped with the sole weapon of beligerent rhetoric......and they feel thier leader is under "unwarranted" attack. You have an administration that is having the layer of the onion peeled back on a daily basis regarding serious charges.....folks are going to continue to post on it.
So while I'm with you on it, I don't see it being easy to implement.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Like I'd give up good booty!?!

It was like a vacum, though, when the pit opened for business. Posters anticipated that they'd recieve beligerent rhetoric, so it came here automatically....which pretty much suffocated the legit debate attempts on the subject matter.

KJ & BT: I believe that times will change. Soon, Bush will be gone and the repugnats will turn around and vent their anger at the new administration--which we will surely defend

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
KayEm,

No, I don't want my head up George's fat a$$.
Actually, I wouldn't want it up your fat a$$, either, or anyone's for that matter.
Notice that I did mention insulting anyone was like insulting god, based on ethical monotheism, INCLUDING you, which is exactly why I'm not writing a viscious reply.
Anyway, what was I talking about...

give me a minute to think...

...it's not coming to me...

well, anyway, regarding your post, I'd just like to say that I wouldn't my head up...hold on...
I already said that.
Well, no, I'm not posting in that way for any particular reason. Maybe just to tick off a few people, have a few laughs at the response. Too bad you were the only one. Thanks.
But I do find most political humor VERY droll, including: www.shrubbish.com, www.presidentmoron.com, just to name a few.
There was another website, like Democracy needs you, or something...
but anyway,
what are you doing with your head?
Certainly not using, I can tell...

Have an excellent day, ya hear?

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by OmneUbi]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Was " Kumbaya" playing in the background when you wrote that?

I'm all for self policing, I'm all for genuine discourse. But, you have blind support equipped with the sole weapon of beligerent rhetoric......and they feel thier leader is under "unwarranted" attack. You have an administration that is having the layer of the onion peeled back on a daily basis regarding serious charges.....folks are going to continue to post on it.
So while I'm with you on it, I don't see it being easy to implement.

Hahaha, no, it wasn't.

I have no problem with working up a sweat breaking down the terrible leadership Bush has thusfar offered our country. I don't care that they post about Bush either.

It's the rampant ignorance that we attest to deny that I am sick of.

I hate Bush. But that is no reason to resort to freeper methods in order to get a "point" (and I use that term very loosely) across.

The blame comes from both sides of the track. The blind Bush lovers attacking the blind Bush haters. Not that everyone is in those groups, but even Colonel has reasonable conversations should you approach him with one. And that is way more than I can say about most.

Should Kerry be elected, and the freepers come out of the woodwork, you'll see little ol' conservative me, whoopin' their asses too, because their methods and rational are rediculous and self-serving bull#, to be honest.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Should Kerry be elected, and the freepers come out of the woodwork, you'll see little ol' conservative me, whoopin' their asses too, because their methods and rational are rediculous and self-serving bull#, to be honest.

This is the best diss I've heard in a while. Its a lot better when it comes from you'r eown ranks. Hell, a lot of republicans are smelling the coffee and comng out of the ether about Bush. I read an article where Bush made a speech to some republican bigwigs and they were far from impressed. In fact, I read that they were disgusted b/c his policies are contrary to republican ideals.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join