It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut up, you numbskulls

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
So only Yuppies and Richies are deserving of the good things in life ?

I suppose you would insist that people who slave 40+ hours a week in minimum wage jobs making their bosses rich are lazy and leeches on society as well ?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Oh and just to talk to you guys about lazy uneducated people in the public schools... At least around here.........

We got some big mammas in higher up positions who were using the school credit card for trips and doing home decor around their houses, taking trips to restaurants to have only the finest of foods... .

A sick old perv who took a kid to a hotel and had sex with her and bought her clothes on the tax payers dime...

Ummm an administrator at the board opened up his own business on the school credit cards...

Invested all this money (taxpayers monies) into a huge elaborate board of education that looked like a corporate head quarters... They all had the finest of furniture office supplies, computers ect....

This was over 5 million dollars!!!

But they kept saying they were doing it for the children...

it's all about the children...

So I guess local going ons are making me somewhat bitter when it comes to labelling liberals lazy and uneducated... and pervs and scammers...
sorry.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
[And I guess my liberal prof who was trying to impose his thoughts and left wing beliefs was just being A-POLITICAL???

Riiight.

Actually I agree with DZ about this. Knowledge and insight are the bane of ignorance.

As for your teacher, I would have burned him up, then burned him up all in the Dean's ear too. I would have done an Op-Ed piece in the newspaper and called the local paper/TV station as well. I would have written to the the president of the school.

I've done it. Otherwise you can just bit the bullet and trash the teacher behind his back. I could care less what they do in college, it's grade and middle school (at the very least) that I care about.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
So only Yuppies and Richies are deserving of the good things in life ?

I suppose you would insist that people who slave 40+ hours a week in minimum wage jobs making their bosses rich are lazy and leeches on society as well ?

oh please..... I didn't say that.....

I'm not getting into details here, but we all know who the leeches are.....
so don't twist my words... It's a broad generalization... if you want to go into details, i'll let you do that... my hands are sore from working 40+ hours this week on other people's gardens...

so please spare me...

dz

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

So I guess local going ons are making me somewhat bitter when it comes to labelling liberals lazy and uneducated... and pervs and scammers...
sorry.

How does what is going on in your town relate to anything here? My high school was corrupt too. Does that make any kind of difference?

And what makes them liberals?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I've done it. Otherwise you can just bit the bullet and trash the teacher behind his back. I could care less what they do in college, it's grade and middle school (at the very least) that I care about.

Well I cared because I was paying thousands of dollars and invested my time and money into his class and all I got out of it was a lousy grade because i wouldn't put up and shut up...

Middle and grade school should be a no no because their minds are so impressionable but even at the college level you wouldn't believe how many people ate his #e up...
Impressionable even at that age...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Fine, True...I'll spare you from other peoples toils. I realize it hurts your views of a pretty perfect world where everybody is happy.

By the way...I always enjoyed your posts before. But I hate yuppies and truly hope you are NOT one of THEM. But when you praise Bush..YUCK !!!!! I have no choice but to assume you are a yuppie. Please...tell me I'm wrong. It doesn't please me to think this way of other people. I ask you to tell me I'm wrong.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dz

sorry.

How does what is going on in your town relate to anything here? My high school was corrupt too. Does that make any kind of difference?
It doesn't...... I guess i'm just releasing some tension.... I apologise...
And what makes them liberals? It makes them liberals because in this town they wanted us to vote for liberal when we had a recall... A recall because they were pissed because their guy didn't get it because he was a scammer... thats why.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
Fine, True...I'll spare you from other peoples toils. I realize it hurts your views of a pretty perfect world where everybody is happy.

By the way...I always enjoyed your posts before. But I hate yuppies and truly hope you are NOT one of THEM. But when you praise Bush..YUCK !!!!! I have no choice but to assume you are a yuppie. Please...tell me I'm wrong. It doesn't please me to think this way of other people. I ask you to tell me I'm wrong.

I only praise bush because he's hot....... kidding.... I like his style... He has followed through on everything he said he'd do.... I'm voting libertarian but since we're on the lib vs cons topic i'd side with the conservatives not bush, the conservatives because they are more logical then the lefts are...At this point in time anyway...

Both sides imo in the big picture anyway are self righteous and their arrogance gets in the way of the truth, and i've always said the truth is always in the middle.....
while I preach this sometimes, I do fall into the trap at other times, so stop me if I get ahead of myself...
I'm really trying to stem away from it but my husband rubs off on my sometimes...

I should also point out i've drank many corona's tonight so I have likely come off a little fiesty and negative........
I was yelling at my husband alot to tonight so i don't think it's quite worn off yet.... still blowin some steam...........

and with the happy world thing.......
Oh how I wish...... I can only create a happy one for myself and try and include other people in it.........

But I stop being happy when I got assholes driving under the speed limit in the left lane......now that really pisses me... *sigh* calming down now........and back on topic...

it's all relative.........the world is what you make of it...

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
dz,

Thats exactly what I am talking about, you completely reacted like a child.

I put up a post not too long ago here asking people to explain to me what they did not like about Bush. I asked for rational explanations, I got only a few. That was peoples chance to tell me. I can't go searching everything for your reasons or another persons reasons. I tried to get it all at once.

All that showed up was kids, just like you. You obviously didn't read my post. And while I am not offended, you are acting like a child. I will tell you that.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Both sides imo in the big picture anyway are self righteous and their arrogance gets in the way of the truth, and i've always said the truth is always in the middle.....

Very true, TL
Personally I wish we could just educate people to realise that everyone is worthy of respect and if everyone was treated well, they would be happy to work for the good of all.
But that's for another post.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
SuperKyle....

I don't like bush's patriot act one or two........
I don't like how i have to go get fingerprinted and biometrics done for immigration... I don't like how bush #ed up social security even worse, I don't like the health care plan congress created, i don't like how bush has a point nose, or that he makes up words...

I don't like how a countries representative doesn't represent the countries people at all.......
When he goes to the extremes thats what i don't like..........

however i do agree that he did a good job weeding out terrorists......
they keep popping up like daisies and they keep takin em out......
It's been 20+ years and we're just now getting this # done...........
??? Mon dure...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Very true, TL
Personally I wish we could just educate people to realise that everyone is worthy of respect and if everyone was treated well, they would be happy to work for the good of all.
But that's for another post.

very true.........

we all need to work on this a little more.........And i'm not exception.......
Nope nope nope........... especially tonight, I was a rotten bitch... just couldn't keep my big mouth shut... (im talking about my tiff with hubby)
Note to self: Cut back on the beers....
am i ranting again??

dz

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperKyle
And while I am not offended, you are acting like a child. I will tell you that.

lol, you are too cute to even reply to. Ok, I'm a child and you are an adult
You win.

I find it funny that every single time someone cannot answer a question, they have to resort to calling people children.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dz

lol, you are too cute to even reply to. Ok, I'm a child and you are an adult
You win.

I find it funny that every single time someone cannot answer a question, they have to resort to calling people children.

Welcome to the new and improved Garbage Pit.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Note to self: Cut back on the beers....
am i ranting again??

KayEm is sitting here telling me that I need to tell you that the only reason she has been so reactive is that she's been at the drink herself - which I can vouch for, having done the same.

Message from KayEm: Peace ATS-Sister. No offence meant.

As for me - need more drink !

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Pisky]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
KayEm is sitting here telling me that I need to tell you that the only reason she has been so belligerant is that she's been at the drink herself - which I can vouch for, having done the same.

Message from KayEm: Peace ATS-Sister. No offence meant.

As for me - need more drink !

How did Homer Simpson say it??
Alcohol, the cause and solution to all of life's problems.

peace ats sister!! Enjoy your drinky drinkies... I'm hitting the hay... This old broad has become a tired bitch... woah, would ya listen to that negativity!!
Let me rephrase... This hot mamma needs to hit the sheets to catch up on her beauty sleep...
Ok you two.. Be good!! Have fun, enjoy your drinks... And we'll debate about yuppies ect later. TL

Some famous beer quotes since you probably have a buzz and will find these funny:

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? Stephen Wright

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. Benjamin Franklin

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. Frank Zappa

He was a wise man who invented beer. Plato

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. Dave Barry

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, That's as good as they're going to feel all day. Frank Sinatra

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools. Ernest Hemingway

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. Ernest Hemingway

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. Dean Martin

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her. W.C. Fields

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? W.C. Fields

Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder. Anonymous

Work is the curse of the drinking classes. Oscar Wilde

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy. Tom Waits

All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer. Homer Simpson

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
There is one guy (i wont mention his name, but i'm sure you've all seen his threads) who i have had words to before. Basically he comes on posting threads like.

'Bush is to blame for all americas problems' (now i may agree bush is a bad guy, but he cant be blamed for everything), then says things are 'fact' without posting any evidence or any supporting information. its people like this who actually give the rest of us lefties a bad name. But dont worry it happens on the right as well. I've seen a post in the past claiming

The quaran is the writing of the devil, proof that islam is evil (or something like this). Now thats just as ignorant. For a sight which 'Denies Ignorance' we sure do accomodate a large number of ignoramus'

Now i've read the thread i've realised its turned into another liberal vs conservative mud fight... all the same points are being thrown... ahhh the fun of the pit...

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by specialasianX]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Wait wait, i know....
is it ORANG? LMAO....

I think Colonel has some new competition for being the most obnoxious poster award....At least the colonel tries to make sense and provide info to back it up, ORANG just spews wildly with little sense and no back up info.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Welcome to the new and improved Garbage Pit.

Such is the stuff of all the days best seller's, all of talk radio and most staged media. It's a huge freaking industry. Even an obsession for some, and it's just going to intensify between now and the election.

Your point is well taken though about dileneating between debate and rhetoric, but how likely is THAT going to change. Have you watched the Senate floor on C-SPAN lately? It's worse than the PIT.

Besides, alot of the complaining of some seems to be just an excuse to avoid real issues being brought up. Plenty of people make valid points about Bush, even in the pit...which are summarily dismissed as Awwww, jist anuther Lib flapping his gums. And who wants to debate THAT guy?

But for anyone that doesn't know the difference: TC's Guide to the Mudpit versus Political Scandals Forum

Otherwise all I can suggest is taking a break from the pit....'til say NOVEMBER.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join