It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOME GOOD NEWS!! Fed posts profit of 52.1 billion dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

SOME GOOD NEWS!! Fed posts profit of 52.1 billion dollars

news.yahoo.com

The US Federal Reserve said Tuesday it earned a record profit in 2009 of $ 52.1 billion dollars, led by gains on its unorthodox investments and bailouts during the height of the financial crisis.

The profit will provide US Treasury with $ 46.1 billion dollars from the operations of the central bank.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
online.wsj.com

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I find this a good thing, a record profit since 1914, maybe things will turn around!

Maybe we were wrong about Obama?

You can't argue with results, being the $ 52 Billion profit.

Maybe things will to start to change for the better?

It seems to me the government is starting to pick up the slack so to speak.

I still disagree with the war, but that is not the subject matter.

It seems that China and the debts will possibly be taken care of.

Another link to a $ 3.6 Trillion dollar bailout. The Bailout seems it may be the reason for the profit made.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Good thing for who? The Federal Reserve Bank is a privately owned bank. The only people this is good for is the bankster criminals running the Fed.

[edit on 1/13/2010 by Erasurehead]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

And why is this GOOD news? Just means the rich get richer while the poor get stepped on.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Good news, because the fed is actually making money for once instead of borrowing.

Would you rather deal with China when they wana come collect land? Or would you rather pay them off without conflict?

That is why it is good.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Don't worry, $40b of that will go toward military spending.

At least you know the terrorists won't ever appear on your back lawn!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Well if they feel like being charitable then they can throw a couple of million my way if they want!

Oh and OP, you cant win sometimes, good news is bad news.. and bad news is really bad news.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

If you read the article, 46 Billion is going to Treasury.

It is a record breaking profit, so if that is the case, maybe more profit will be made by years end.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I while I do agree that signs of wallstreet Fed gains are of that of a healing economy, mainstreet is still suffering through this recession and things have not recovered, yet. I believe we can only start celebrating the recovery once we see significant comebacks for the job market and for the people.

I dont think anybody can argue over a complete recovery of jobs and money to the citizens as this will take years to recover. The best we can hope for are more signs of decreasing unemployment and the availability of jobs.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Don't worry, $40b of that will go toward military spending.

Did you know the US already assumes nearly half of the worlds military expenditure? And over the last administration an additional $1 trillion was added to military spending? And yet, when it was announced last year that the military would only gain $15 billion in additional funds, the warhawks and "patriots" came out crying the military was being "gutted".

Its a damn shame you know?? I'd bet my bottom dollar if we withdrew troops where we are needed anymore like in Germany, Britain, Korea and cut Israels assistance, and cut increasing military spending, we would save billions for the tax payer.

Why is it that we are still spending so much, or more than the times we were in the cold war? I mean really? Isnt it just enough?

SG

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So making 52.1 billion dollars while wasting trillions and trillions is good..

Can i get a job where I waste money all like that and still keep it? Think Walmart will hire me with practices like that?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The profit will provide US Treasury with 46.1 billion dollars from the operations of the central bank.

The profit included some 46.1 billion dollars in earnings on securities acquired through open market operations, including US Treasury bonds, mortgage-backed securities and government agency debt.

So -

1.) they earned this huge profit from buying Treasury bonds which the taxpayers paid the interest to them on.

2.) they earned this huge profit from financing (and earning interest) from government agency debt which the taxpayers paid the interest to them on.

3.) they returned 85% of the earnings which the taxpayers paid

4.) they kept 15% of the earnings which the taxpayers paid

Now, tell me again why this is good?

You do realize that the part of the taxpayers money that they kept for themselves ($6 billion) is written out as $6,000,000,000 don't you? I'd say, yeah somebody did make a profit but it certainly WAS NOT the federal government, much less the people who pay the federal government's bills (with interest to the privately owned Federal Reserve) - the taxpayers.

[edit on 13/1/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
46 Billion to the treasury is like me saying, "Hey i just won 3 dollars on this scratchoff!" Joke at the best.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow, everyone is negative, I try and see the positive, but no one sees what is happening.

Everyone is missing the X Factor, being China and wanting some kind of wealth or commodity of somekind that is valuable.

Land is pretty much the only valuable thing in the Corporate U.S. Government.

The whole collapse of the economy had to do with mortgage debt being packaged up and sold to China and other buyers.

Now China wants to come collect and what would you have if no money was being made and China is still paying our bills?

You would split a chunk of the United States up and give it to them, what choice would you have? Go to War? I must be joking, who wants to go against China, I mean Hello, Super Power??

If you can Pay Off your Creditor; Then there is no need for war or seperation of land.

Try and see the positive, please.

Look at my Links, I dislike the U.S. Corporate Government just as much as anyone...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
So why not take the money out of circulation and raise the value of dollar?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Taking the Money out of circulation ruins the economy, just like when you export work to foreign countries.

Doing exportation of jobs, takes jobs away from hard working American's that actually want a chance of just trying to live.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

dear lord, i hope your saying that ironically, cause the US debt

obligation has variously been estimated to be up to 65 TRILLION.

The deficit alone is now equal to our GDP + a few.

lets see....52 billion....on 15 Trillion...well, at least we can now pay

off .346 % of our national credit card. I guess that's better than -% points.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Yeah,

Its a start, which I find sad, But ITS A START!! and that is what is needed.

Atleast something is starting to happen, thats the good, people are trained to find the negative out of every situation, try to look for the good.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
already posted here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
As mentioned, there is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join