It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans snub vaccine and states cancel orders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Europeans snub vaccine and states cancel orders

Just months after rushing to order enough swine-flu vaccine to protect their citizens, European governments are canceling orders and trying to sell or give away extra doses as they sit on a glut of the vaccine.

The main reason: European health officials decided that only one shot per person was needed, instead of the two originally planned. Low demand is also to blame. Many Europeans believe the pandemic has turned out to be fairly mild, and don't see a reason to get vaccinated. Some are also concerned that they will suffer side effects from the shots, despite assurances otherwise from global health officials. "The population is not running to get the vaccination," says Roland Jopp, a spokesman for Germany's health ministry.

Declining interest in the shots could be bad news for vaccine makers, particularly if countries demand their money back for supplies already delivered.

Companies may be able to sell the shots elsewhere, however. Most vaccine makers, including GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Sanofi-Aventis SA, Novartis AG and Baxter International Inc., have been expecting a large sales bump from H1N1 vaccine.

Swine flu, remember that?

Not at all surprised. It appears that not only citizens have woken up to the swine flu scam, but governments as well as other agencies too.

The people to Big Pharma and WHO: We want our money back!

Wallstreet Journal (Of all places)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Are our governments really this believing and ignorant idiots as the article claims.
I mean how many of us said they are being mislead and it's all a hoax did they listen ? No !! Now this ???

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

It was pretty crazy for a while here in my neck of the woods.

People pressuring you to get the shot, talking heads on the radio (should have taped it) pretty much yelling at people saying that it is ignorant and irresponsible of you NOT to get the shot!

Oh, how the worm has turned.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kommunist

Haha this makes me smile

So much for swine flu; my sister had it, and she wasn't even home sick for one day.

I was pretty sure right from the start that most countries would have a lot of extra vaccines- they were planning to vaccinate something like 50% of people by now, and out my friends and family, I don't know a single person who got it.

Big Pharma's cast out the line, governments took the bait.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Indeed they did Monts, indeed they did.

I have a feeling that they didn't really have much choice in the matter, WHO and Big Pharma I think pretty much call the shots on our little blue ball.

I know two people that got the swine flu shot. My parents, (they watch too much TV) and I remember them calling me a bunch of times asking when I was going to my shot!

I said: Never!

This is one of the reasons:

All three companies declined to comment on how cancellations might affect sales. (GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Sanofi-Aventis SA, Novartis AG and Baxter International Inc.)

I don't really think that they have MY best interest in mind.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by kommunist]

new topics

top topics

join