It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails Turn into Clouds!!! (Pictures)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There is a very simple answer for this...

Contrails are an accumulation of mist which when hit with radiation evaporates and turns into a cloud. It is a very fast evaporation process because the moisture accumulation is already present in a higher altitude.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You know, I have already explained what I think the difference is.

(and why aren't you commenting on the information that I did give?)

Check out this link, a thread right here on ATS. Dirty bio-rain tested on people in 1994

Am I saying that SOME of what I think may be chemtrails might not be regular old jet contrails? No.

But, as I said, I live in an area close by a major airport with a major Delta hub. Thus, I see air traffic all the time. I am familiar with what goes on in the sky in my area. I am outside a lot more than most people, and I observe.

I see something different than usual happening on one day, or at one period of the day, compared to another day or period of time, when the humidity and weather temperatures are comparable according to the weathermen.

Isn't observing a phenomenon usually what changes scientific thought on a subject?

You know, like Galileo thinking that maybe the earth traveled around the sun instead of the other way around?

It took many years for people to come around to his way of thinking.......and guess what, TPTB were the ones saying, that it couldn't possibly be true!

Did they really not know, or did they just not want to admit it for some reason; we'll never know.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedi411

--Its global dimming due to G-Warming. In case you dont put 2 and 2 togather let me help, [ by the way here in wisconsin we have a sunshiny blue day and no planes flying spraying their dimming spray] Notice every day the planes do fly , these chem trails turn to hazzy clowd cover. You can see the criss-cross or stripeing patterns clearly. Notice how its mostly early morning the spraying is done. Notice how a perfact blue morning turns to a gray sky, dimming the sun. Here in wisconsin they have been doing this for over 15 years, but the last 4 have seen a major increase. Why ??? I believe they are dimming the amount of sunlight because global warming is much more serious then they let on. Watch the planes and put two and two togather. By the way here in north wisconsin we are way above normal for the winter temperature, and hardly much chem-trailing going on. I notice the planes have been spraying south from most people posts, so its no wonder you all are coolder in the south united states. Look up and put 2 and 2 togather----------------.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

The reason you have seen an obvious increase in planes is obvious. The number of planes are bound to increase as we swing towards the future.

It's not as simple as you say. In fact the more simple you conceptualize the more likely you are missing serious contributing factors.

just look up and put 2 and 2 together

It is something closer to this..
(H2O volume out from jet engine)+(Present H2O in atmosphere)+(Solar Radiation/Gravity)/(high-low barametric pressures)

It's not that the heightened plane activity isn't effecting our atmosphere. It's that they are not "chem-trails" as so often mis-interpreted.

The more often people simplify the matter as you did and "put 2 and 2 together" the more often you look up in the sky, see more planes, see a lot of plane trails, and assume the sky is falling.

It's a classic "Cry-Wolf" that has stuck around and refuses to be debunked. Regardless of the extreme lack in hard evidence supporting the deposition stating these jets are spreading toxins in the environment. That is a pretty extreme claim which requires some extreme evidence.

Supposed "chem trails" turning into clouds is more supportive evidence that they are classic Con-Trails which are naturally man-made clouds of evaporated H2O injected into the atmosphere unnaturally.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sezsue
...(and why aren't you commenting on the information that I did give?)...

I did comment. I said I'm not doubting that the technology exists to spray chemicals from a plane that look like a contrail...and I'm sure that non-consensual medical experiments and procedures have been done on people in the past.

However, that is not proof that some contrails are chemtrails.

What I asked is specifically how does a person say "that trail 'there' is a contrail, BUT that trail 'over there' is a chemtrail"? What are the specific visual characteristics that only chemtrails have that can positively identify them as such?

...I see something different than usual happening on one day, or at one period of the day, compared to another day or period of time, when the humidity and weather temperatures are comparable according to the weathermen....

Atmospheric conditions can be different at different elevations on the same day -- even at different locations at the same elevation -- so the fact that the weatherman said "70 degrees with 65% humidity" for both today and tomorrow may have absolutely no bearing on what contrails will look like today compared to tomorrow, because conditions at altitude differ considerably with conditions near the ground, even when conditions near the ground are similar day-to-day.

As I said before, a plane could fly through an area of sky and not be producing a contrail, then suddenly hit an area of sky where the conditions are right for a short contrail. At that exact same moment, another plane may be flying right above that first plane, but at a slightly different altitude -- and producing a long, thick, persistent contrail. So you could have two planes in the same sky at the same time -- one producing a persistent contrail, and one producing a short-lived contrail; this is not an rare occurrence.

Although to be completely honest, conditions for contrails production ARE usually pretty much the same in a given area at most altitudes between 30,000 and 40,000 feet. HOWEVER, it is possible (and not terribly uncommon) for contrail production to differ with slight changes in altitude.

[edit on 1/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

G'day sezsue

A few years ago I started to "worry" a little about this "chemtrail" thing.

I even got to the point of wondering if I had seen the "unmarked white military planes" that are often mentioned in chemtrail stories, flying around near an air force base that is approx 40K's from me.

Having now read hundreds of pages of material pertaining to this issue, I conclude there is no such thing as a chemtrail.

The best material I've seen comprises the very detailed threads put together by our own OzWeatherman.

Why don't you consider having a really good read of OzWeatherman's threads & see what you think?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi411 There is a very simple answer for this... Contrails are an accumulation of mist which when hit with radiation evaporates and turns into a cloud. It is a very fast evaporation process because the moisture accumulation is already present in a higher altitude.

Simple, perhaps, but completely wrong.

Contrails are ice crystals. When a high-bypass turbofan sucks in a lot of ambient air, compresses it, heats it, and exhausts it, it also pulls in a lot of water vapor. This vapor is condensed, heated, and exhausted along with the air, and, because contrail formation is usually at altitudes of 30-40 thousand feet, the water flash-freezes into tiny ice crystals.

If the ice crystals were formed naturally, they would be called "cirrus clouds".

Regardless of the formation mechanism, though, one of two things happen to such ice crystals:

If the ambient temperature is higher than minus forty degrees or the relative humidity is less than 100%, the ice will sublime (which means it turns back into a vapor without going through the liquid phase, like carbon dioxide ice does at room temperatures).

If these crystals are in a contrail, this means the contrail will dissipate within ten to 30 seconds.

If those ice crystals are formed at temperatures lower than minus forty degrees and at a relative humidity of 100% or higher, then the ice crystals will persist and sometimes even spread.

If these crystals are in a contrail, this means the contrail will persist for up to several hours.

The ambient temperature and relative humidity at the altitude the contrails are is the only difference between the formation of a persistent and dissipating contrail.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
[If those ice crystals are formed at temperatures lower than minus forty degrees and at a relative humidity of 100% or higher, then the ice crystals will persist and sometimes even spread.

Id like to add that if the temperature is below approximately -50C and the pressure is low enough and you have no humidity, then its also possible for contrails to appear and persist.

People neglect to notice that temperature and pressure are far more important factors than humidity in these cases

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Off_The_Street

I knew eventually your kind would stroll along.

The science behind it is beyond me and swerves closer towards theoretical science as far as I am concerned (without scientific citation).

I see what could be perceived as chem trails VERY often. I also live right by an airport and frequently watch planes land and takeoff.

Anyone with chem trail mania would instantly call them chem-trails. They're not. The longer you look at them you will think they are. They aren't.

The longer you look at them the more likely they will become clouds as low-high pressure move around the earth.

Sometimes it's just too early to cry wolf.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join