It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails Turn into Clouds!!! (Pictures)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I just saw a series of satellite pictures showing the contrails of a plane being held in a circular holding pattern. The contrails then clearly turn into clouds!

BBC Pictures of Contrails

Can these contrails turned clouds be affecting our environment's atmosphere? Now that they can become clouds, could they then drop precipitation on us with whatever is in the exhaust of the airplane?

I sure hope not!

Peace,

Magnum

[edit on 10/1/13 by Magnum007]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have noticed this substantially where I live. They actually form a ribbed patterning of clouds and its usually only in front of the sun. Almost 180 degree's from the sun's position the sky is clear and blue. Strange if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It's interesting to see this process take place via satellite imagery. I see this quite a bit over Sydney, in fact just this past Saturday I watched a set of contrails/chemtrails hang in the air and gradually morph into high hazy clouds over a 3 hour period. The process eventually became so diffuse it cause a solar halo, which I managed to photograph.

The following 4 images were taken in Sydney on Saturday January 9 around 1:15pm. Sun halos aren't really that uncommon here - except I usually see this in the winter or cooler months. Saturday it was 36C (or almost 97F).

Prior to 11:30am there was hardly a cloud in the sky. Between 11:30 and noon a number of high altitude planes flew over leaving contrails/chemtrails that expanded over the next 3 hours or more which developed into clouds and thin haze. Adding to the uniqueness of the phenomenon, I later noticed it was actually a double halo which became visible as the clouds expanded and moved across the sky (seen in the last photo).

The stripes below were actually caused by contrails/chemtrails: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/260e51a62dd0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9378211b5cb3.jpg[/atsimg]

The green colors and glare below are lens artifacts and prismatic effects from pointing the camera directly at the Sun and were not visible to the naked eye.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d095e1faabe.jpg[/atsimg]

Double halo barely visible: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c90a5df78f9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Wow! Those are amazing pictures! Cool!

Magnum

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
just another case of lost jetliners running in circles, leaving contrails that turn into clouds. But by no means is it a chemtrail, just ask OZ or weedwhacker. LMAO

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
I just saw a series of satellite pictures showing the contrails of a plane being held in a circular holding pattern. The contrails then clearly turn into clouds!...

...Can these contrails turned clouds be affecting our environment's atmosphere?

Contrails have been known for years to add to cloud cover. I grew up near a rural area back in the 1970s, and I remember the TV "farm reports" would often feature farmers complaining that contrails could create artificially cloudy days (when, of course, most farmers like sunshine).

Now that they can become clouds, could they then drop precipitation on us with whatever is in the exhaust of the airplane?

Contrails are made up almost entirely of water vapor (just like a cloud). Contrails are not dirty gasses like the exhaust smoke from a car.

The by-products from the combustion of jet fuel is mostly water vapor and CO2. as these gasses escape out the back of the engine, they are condensed and quickly cooled by the cold air at 35,000 feet. This cooling causes ice crystals to form from the water vapor exhaust plus the moisture that is in the air.

Contrails are not only formed from jet exhaust. At high altitudes, the wingtips of a plane or the motion of propellers could condense the existing water in the air enough to form contrails -- even if the plane had no exhaust.

A contrail is not exhaust "smoke". That's why sometimes you can see a plane leave no contrail, a short contrail, a long contrail, a contrail that disappears in a few minutes, or a contrail that hangs around for hours. If it was all exhaust, then contrails dhuld be the same all the time -- even for a plan not flying at 30,000 + feet. However, contrails don't normally form at low altitudes.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

"lost jetliners running in circles"?

What does that mean? You do know that planes often adopt holding patterns, hence why they appear to be going in circles in places?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster
just another case of lost jetliners running in circles, leaving contrails that turn into clouds. But by no means is it a chemtrail, just ask OZ or weedwhacker. LMAO

Now, Now, ........don't forget Chadwickus, and the others, they might get their feelings hurt. Of course, if this thread lasts very long, all the usual naysayers will probably drop by to see how it's going.

(instead of going down the rabbit hole these threads about chemtrails go down (oh sorry, no such thing, CONTRAILS, nothing to see here, move along, move along)

Well, now that I've beefed, I saw CHEMTRAILS being spread around one NIGHT recently, and saw the same halo around the moon, which I actually got a picture of. And of course, I have seen them during the day, as well. Have you seen the *rainbow colors in the sky effect* that shows up sometimes, also?

I was actually out this morning, taking some pictures of some BLATANT chemtrailing activity going on. I noticed in my area, anytime the weather is supposed to be warmer, a nice sunny day, it'll be, out with the sprayers!!!!

God Bless
sezsue

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sezsue
Well, now that I've beefed, I saw CHEMTRAILS being spread around one NIGHT recently, and saw the same halo around the moon, which I actually got a picture of. And of course, I have seen them during the day, as well. Have you seen the *rainbow colors in the sky effect* that shows up sometimes, also?

I was actually out this morning, taking some pictures of some BLATANT chemtrailing activity going on. I noticed in my area, anytime the weather is supposed to be warmer, a nice sunny day, it'll be, out with the sprayers!!!!

God Bless
sezsue

If Chemtrails look like contrails, then how do you identify a trail as a chemtrail just by looking at it?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by sezsue

God Bless
sezsue

If Chemtrails look like contrails, then how do you identify a trail as a chemtrail just by looking at it?

Well, you know, SGIP, back in 2003 a co worker was telling me about *chemtrails* and colloidal silver, and to be honest, although I really liked her, I felt vaguely sorry for her, and mental eye roll, and all that.

Then, sometime later, around Christmas time, I was leaving a store, happened to glance up to notice a sky filled with a grid pattern that looked like a checkerboard.

After that I started wondering, and noticing, but still had my doubts about the existence of *chemtrails*. However, after a lot of observing, and reading, and research, I DO believe they exist.

There is plenty of documentation from the government that the technology to create them exists, as a matter of fact, I live less than 40 miles from Wright Pat Air Force Base, one of the places where the technology was developed.

Currently scientists are debating whether sulfur should be disbursed into the atmosphere to help combat * global warming * (although the sky would turn green, they say! stealing our blue sky from us, which they are already doing!!!!)

From my observation a regular contrail is a short lived, usually thinner trail that follows the plane for a short distance before fading away without leaving any traces.

A chemtrail, however, is usually a thicker, more opaque, very defined trail, sometimes with the appearance of two trails, coming out of planes that criss cross the same area, randomly, haphazardly, whereas, subsequently the trails widen out, looking almost powdery, and gradually spread out, usually to the point of a grayish overcast. Sometimes there is a noticeably grayish cast to the horizon, even though the overhead sky may be bluer.

When the overcast effect comes, there is often a big difference between any natural clouds that may be in the area compared to the cloudy effect caused by the chemtrails.

I am not a scientist, but these have been my observations.

As far as knowing the difference, anyone can see the difference, it's just that only those who believe that chemtrails exist are willing to acknowledge it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

*snickers behind hand* Heeheeheehee!!

[edit on 1/15/2010 by SmokeyDawn]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

A grid pattern? Oh it must be chemtrails! I love not thinking rationally! This is so easy!

The US's airspace is full of north-south and east-west corridors for planes. That's so they don't crash into each other and fall on you. Of course they're going to make a grid.

But I guess it's more fun to just guess instead of performing even the most rudimentary research.

This is pathetic.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Great Thread
. Just wanted to bump this with the hopes of our resident weather experts to have a go with some "logical" explanation

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
"Contrails Turn into Clouds!!! (Pictures)":

No, really?! Maybe it's because contrails are made of condensed water....silly, sorry.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

GOVERNMENT DISINFO AGENT!!!111eleventyone

How dare you bring science into a chemtrail thread!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

GOVERNMENT DISINFO AGENT!!!111eleventyone

How dare you bring science into a chemtrail thread!

I am soooooooo sorry! please, don't beat me now.

WUT Agent? - Genuine DisDisInfoAgent, Please!

This is so bad. In the word "Contrails" is the word "condensed" - "CON" - How dumb is this at all - this makes me said, sorry.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

But it could mean CONspiracy! That's it! CONspiracy trails! We're through the looking glass here, people!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have been watching these "chemtrails" for years now and have quite a collection of photos as well. In the past year over my city,Ottawa,we get them almost everyday. I think it may be weather modification myself.Lord knows Ottawa being the capital of Canada, there is a lot of hot air here to be diminished.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

Have you seen the *rainbow colors in the sky effect* that shows up sometimes, also?

Yep, its called IRISATION. It happens all the time

In meteorology, Irisation, a type of photometeor, is multiple mixed iridescent colors caused by sunlight being diffracted in clouds. The colours are often brilliant and mingled together, sometimes similar to mother-of-pearl[1]. They sometime appear as bands parallel to the edge of the clouds. Irisation is caused by very uniform water droplets diffracting light (Within 10 degrees from the Sun) and by first order interference effects[2] (Beyond about 10 degrees from the Sun). It can extend up to 40 degrees from the Sun[3]. Irisation is sometimes seen along the borders of lenticular clouds[4].

Source

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
OMG - UNUSUAL CONTRAILS! RUN!!!!

And a nice one:

[edit on 15-1-2010 by cushycrux]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join