It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON's big-wig Carrion to step down Mar 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
UFO Chronicles story LINK: www.theufochronicles.com...

Excerpt: "Effective March 1st, 2010, I am relinquishing my position as MUFON International Director to take on a different position within the organization. The reasons for my relinquishing the position are many but the overlying issue is that I simply no longer have the time to dedicate to the job."...

---

Well, he's finally decided to pass what started as the ball and ended being his own ball & chain to a successor at MUFON.

I for one had real disappointment in his debunkerish style towards average folks reporting their UFO experiences. He'd swoop-in under the Star Team as its Star with all the compassion of carrot and finding some reason other than the facts as reported, to bonk the witness over the head with junk reasons to denounce their experience, pictures, drawings and photos as being suspect.

Everyone else (Mufon Field Investigators) did the ground work and Mr Carrion then entered the picture to pick the report apart after picking the witness testimony or proof to shreds (In his eyes). Good luck in future projects Mr Carrion.

Decoy

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yeah i heard MUFON had some worthless big wigs and even some disinfo people in the ranks. TheMUFON forum is ridden with people making a joke of UFO's and making ridiculous claims on the other side of the coin. However they have many good people who work hard to seek the truth. When they investigated my sighting in Feb 2009 the field investigator just called me on the phone and asked me some questions and called my buddy who seen it too. They took my report and that was that. It seemed i had more skills than the investigator he did not strike me being very bright. So i guess the evidence in a way is as the work of the investigators.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The following comes from James Gilliland's email list, which received it from Stan Romanek:

"This email list is usually sent out once a month, but there is more breaking news. For those of you that didn't know James Carrion the new director of MUFON (Mutual UFO Network) Rumored to be in military intelligence; for the past few months has bashed the Stan Romanek case, as well as others. Unfortunately for James Carrion, the MUFON board of directors did not agree and as of today January 13, 2010 James Carrion has been relieved of his duties as director of MUFON!!!!"

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
The following comes from James Gilliland's email list, which received it from Stan Romanek:

"This email list is usually sent out once a month, but there is more breaking news. For those of you that didn't know James Carrion the new director of MUFON (Mutual UFO Network) Rumored to be in military intelligence; for the past few months has bashed the Stan Romanek case, as well as others. Unfortunately for James Carrion, the MUFON board of directors did not agree and as of today January 13, 2010 James Carrion has been relieved of his duties as director of MUFON!!!!"

Carrion wasn't voted out of his position he decided to leave. What the board voted on was who would take his place. Coming from a known hoaxster the information gets twisted of course.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy
I for one had real disappointment in his debunkerish style towards average folks reporting their UFO experiences. He'd swoop-in under the Star Team as its Star with all the compassion of carrot and finding some reason other than the facts as reported, to bonk the witness over the head with junk reasons to denounce their experience, pictures, drawings and photos as being suspect.

Point to one example; show us where MUFON/Carrion has done this.

There have been a lot of complaints about MUFON but it is worth nothing who is making the complaints. It is not the more respectable UFO researchers who are making these claims about MUFON. It is the worst of the worst, those who find any skepticism offensive. When MUFON found their, or any, report to be lacking, they attacked the organization as debunkers or made the small-minded, ignorant accusation MUFON is a disinfo group or somehow tied to the government. It amounted to childish, immature people throwing a fit because someone disagreed with them. These people, Gilliland and SeeingUFOsPA among others, have a clear agenda and are the real disinfo agents.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hi all,

My point is regarding the exit of Carrion from Mufon, with the kind of press he's been getting I feel it was only a matter of time. If he was asked, pushed, did it on his own or a portion of the three, it would appear he's off the Star Team.
For all I know, Bigelow may have had input in the Mufon re-alignment, since he funds the ST?

As for Mufon and its investigators, I respect their work, always have. But that's not to say there isn't infiltration from AFOSI, CIA or other alphabet groups. It's not unusual as there are cases where it's happened. Without going into checking, I believe it may have been NICAP awhile back?

Decoy

top topics

join