It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh on Haiti Tragedy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
How to explain "Illustrating absurdity by being absurd" to liberals?

Answer: You can't....they are liberals and it takes thought, not feelings to figure it out.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

And why does he have to bring up light-skinned and dark-skinned blacks???

I know, I was wondering wth that had to do with anything myself.

Just remember, Rush, Sharpton, Jackson, and all the other left and right wing talking heads need to demonize each other, and criticize everything the "other" party does. Thats how they get paid. Anyone who doesnt realize that complaining is their job, and no matter what happens they will complain, needs to get with the program. They dont want things to get "fixed" or our problems to be solved. If it were to get "fixed" they would be out of a job. They want broken, the more broken the better, and if it aint broke, they will pretend it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by skunknuts

orangejuiceblog.com...

I wonder if he had a medical prescription for this.

At least Rush faced his problem. Many good people who suffer extreme pain become addicted.

Spoken like a true 'libertarian,' that whines about freedom, while actually secretly hoping for fascism.

Best,
Skunknuts

I don't know what you are talking about!

You complained abour Rush using drugs,and I showed a picture of Obama smoking pot.

From that you call me a Fascist?

You are about to get the Ignore button so I am not tempted to ever try to have an intelligent conversation with you again.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

of course the US is helping a country in time of great need. She always has and we are very proud of that.

what we are not proud of is a President that has through past actions shown us that he and his staff would be such men as to take advantage of this for political purposes. That the idea comes so quickly to mind by so many people says volumes about the lack of intergrity this administration has shown us so far.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

What the # is wrong with people like this? Making political hay out of the deaths of what it looks like at least of tens of thousands of people. What else is Obama going to do, as a human being, than to offer all aid that is neccesary?

There are some really evil people in America.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So is Rush saying that the US should not help out a country that had a natural disaster because it might help the President gain the votes of black people?

WOW! So I suppose we should instead what, bomb them?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Since America is so bad, and evil, and arrogant, I think we should not help anyone for awhile. We'll show the world all that the U.S. really does.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

No,Rush is saying have a little class and don't be like a eight year old who finally learned to tie his shoes(I know a little slow,get it?) and yells, mommy look what I did.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

How to explain "Illustrating absurdity by being absurd" to liberals?

Answer: You can't....they are liberals and it takes thought, not feelings to figure it out.

Let me try to understand this 'absurd' of which you speak:

Would it be like running for POTUS as a 76 year old cancer survivor with the slogan of 'Country First,' while simultaneously picking the single most unqualified vice presidential candidate ever? A person who would be only a heartbeat away from the presidency, chosen solely out of political calculus in order to rally the ignorant scared base, without possessing the understanding of the basics of a 6th grade history class.

Hmm, bringing-up the thoughtfulness of liberals while having Palin as the figurehead of your bowel of a movement, while constantly bashing Obama's qualifications, is also rather absurd. Yeah, sometimes reality really is absurd.

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 1/13/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Um.....Palin had more experience than barry.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't care what any of the pundits of either conservative or liberal slant say about the tragedy as long as they help those poor people in Haiti who have been affected by this disaster. I hope they all give to the best of their ability.

Their words mean nothing, their actions do.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Jesus H. Christ, will this over-inflated windbag OD already! Here's my question. If McCain had won the election, and had reacted the exact same way as the Obama Administration has to this crisis in Haiti, would old Rushy have said the same thing???? Nope, the pompous windbag would have extolled the virtues of the quick response of his Conservative God from the mountaintops... I am just so sick of the divisive politics of both parties and their talking heads... If I could only afford to expatriate myself to somewhere nice, like perhaps New Zealand...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

Um.....Palin had more experience than barry.

I said Governor Quitter was the single-most unqualified vice-presidential candidate ever. Only a hack would disagree. As for 'experience,' I still liked Obama's resume better, despite the meager advantage of 'executive experience' Palin had on paper.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

The evil ones live forever. Look at Cheney, that just keeps on ticking and ticking......
Must be the deals with the devil.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

But you don't disagree obama was sorely lacking in experience.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
I don't care what any of the pundits of either conservative or liberal slant say about the tragedy as long as they help those poor people in Haiti who have been affected by this disaster. I hope they all give to the best of their ability.

Their words mean nothing, their actions do.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by GAOTU789]

I'm sure when his handlers let him know what he said was even lower

than his usual self, He might donate his lunch money.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Must be the deals with the devil.

According to Pat Robertson, it was Haiti that made a deal with the devil, that's why God sent the earthquake...

*Fistpalm

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Governor Quitter
Only a hack would disagree

Just curious, do you ever make a post without an insult?

Just a few examples from this thread, in addition to those two:
"your bowel of a movement"
"ignorant scared base"
"rapid teabaggers" ( I assume you meant rabid)
"hypocritical gas-addled drug addict"
"teabaggers" (That seems to be your favorite, though slightly veiled insult)
"baggers" (Way past getting old)
"I guess that's the price you pay for replacing a thinking brain with a ditto-head."

Just saying. I know I'm much more likely to give serious consideration to an opposing view, when presented in a respectful manner.

1g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on AboveTopSecret.com. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Welcome to the Soapbox, WTF... Just part of the package here lately...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Governor Quitter
Only a hack would disagree

Just curious, do you ever make a post without an insult?

Just a few examples from this thread, in addition to those two:
"your bowel of a movement"
"ignorant scared base"
"rapid teabaggers" ( I assume you meant rabid)
"hypocritical gas-addled drug addict"
"teabaggers" (That seems to be your favorite, though slightly veiled insult)
"baggers" (Way past getting old)
"I guess that's the price you pay for replacing a thinking brain with a ditto-head."

Just saying. I know I'm much more likely to give serious consideration to an opposing view, when presented in a respectful manner.

1g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on AboveTopSecret.com. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, I absolutely do. However, sometimes it gets dirty when one plays in the mud. While guilty of the same, I'm not the only one throwing insults around. At least I never called anyone the Antichrist, right? We are discussing the obscene comments of a drug-addled gas bag trying to exploit an epic tragedy (while accusing Obama of doing so, which he was not). Not likely a starting point of an intellectual tour de force of a discussion.

Point taken though....

Best,
Skunknuts

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join