It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Demonstration that Global Warming Predictions are Based More On Faith than On Science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

A Demonstration that Global Warming Predictions are Based More On Faith than On Science

www.drroyspencer.com

I’m always searching for better and simpler ways to explain the reason why I believe climate researchers have overestimated the sensitivity of our climate system to increasing carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere. What follows is a somewhat different take than I’ve used in the past. In the following cartoon, I’ve illustrated 2 different ways to interpret a hypothetical (but realistic) set of satellite observations that indicate (1) warming of 1 degree C in global average temperature,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
In this piece Dr. Roy Spencer who happens to be a Climatologist explains why GCMs (Global Circulation Models are based more on faith than on science.

This is the sort of evidence that the AGW proponents love to believe in, even when GCMs have been proven to be wrong time and again.

Here is the conclusion which this man, who has knowledge and experience about Climate Change has to say.

As a result of this inherent uncertainty regarding causation, climate modelers are free to tune their models to produce just about any amount of global warming they want to. It will be difficult to prove them wrong, since there is as yet no unambiguous interpretation of the satellite data in this regard. They can simply assert that there are no natural causes of climate change, and as a result they will conclude that our climate system is precariously balanced on a knife edge. The two go hand-in-hand.

Their science thus enters the realm of faith. Of course, there is always an element of faith in scientific inquiry. Unfortunately, in the arena of climate research the level of faith is unusually high, and I get the impression most researchers are not even aware of its existence.

www.drroyspencer.com...

www.drroyspencer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join