It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Reatard Died today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Is this true?

I can't find any info on it but I thought he was only 27 - 30?

Ooh hang on have googled and wiki says:

Reatard was found dead in bed at his home in Midtown, Memphis around 3:30 a.m. on January 13, 2010. A death investigation has been opened by Memphis police. A statement was posted on the website of Goner Records, that Reatard had died in his sleep.[11]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Googled it, seems pretty legit to me.

Oh sweet death, when is it time for me?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
Is this true?

Reatard was found dead in bed at his home in Midtown, Memphis around 3:30 a.m. on January 13, 2010. A death investigation has been opened by Memphis police. A statement was posted on the website of Goner Records, that Reatard had died in his sleep.[11]

Who is this retard you speak of???

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

While I'm sure this thread was made with all the best of intentions, it would be helpful to everybody if you linked to a reason why this certain man's death is of interest.

Peace

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

So you start a thread about some Retard dying and then leave? Whats the point in that. OR, are we the retards for wondering.

You know.....

How do you keep an idiot in suspense??????

Ill tell you later.....

MessOnTheFED!

[edit on 13-1-2010 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am not familiar with him/them, but a quick google seach gave me this:
www.rollingstone.com...

Memphis garage rocker Jay Reatard, who broke out last year thanks to Watch Me Fall, has died at the age of 29, Reatard’s label Matador Records confirmed. According to Memphis’ Commercial Appeal, Reatard was found dead in his Memphis home at 3:30 am this morning and reportedly died in his sleep. “We are devastated by the death of Jimmy Lee Lindsey Jr., aka Jay Reatard. Jay was as full of life as anyone we’ve ever met, and responsible for so many memorable moments as a person and artist,” Matador Records said in a statement. “We’re honored to have known and worked with him, and we will miss him terribly.” Watch Reatard perform “Blood Visions” last month in Atlanta in the video above.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by captaintyinknots]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Reatard was the man's last name. He was a guitar player and singer. I'm not very familiar with his music but can we please cease with the jokes about his name? The man just died and he probably has some fans and who knows - maybe even family on ATS. Some respect for the dead please.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ok here it is...

"Memphis garage rocker Jay Reatard, who broke out last year thanks to Watch Me Fall, has died at the age of 29, Reatard's label Matador Records confirmed."

Ok nothing to see here move along folks. Dr Love please close this thread and the OP's account.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
For those with a reading comprehension problem here's the dude in question:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Reatard was the man's last name. He was a guitar player and singer. I'm not very familiar with his music but can we please cease with the jokes about his name? The man just died and he probably has some fans and who knows - maybe even family on ATS. Some respect for the dead please.

No, it wasnt his last name. Read the article I posted above. It is his stage name, meant to get the reaction it is getting.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
Is this true?

Reatard was found dead in bed at his home in Midtown, Memphis around 3:30 a.m. on January 13, 2010. A death investigation has been opened by Memphis police. A statement was posted on the website of Goner Records, that Reatard had died in his sleep.[11]NFL Shop

yes, at the age of 29.
This is really sad. I loved his music and always wanted to see him live. RIP.
rest in peace

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Tiffany87]

new topics

top topics

join