It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Obama's Fault!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here's a little video I made to show you what I'm talking about here:

It seems that ever since the election the man has gotten the blame for everything, even stuff he had no part of, or in some cases, stuff that is just made up. The recent conclusion about martial law being tied to an Executive Order which created a bipartisan board of State Governors to oversee and improve the state of National Guard units and domestic defense preparedness. Big leap there, if you ask me! Anyway, why is it that there is always an element that just craves to belittle and berate the office of the President? It matters not who is holding the office, the tactics are the same. I dunno, so please, someone enlighten me??? Is is some form of latent anti-patriotism? Or, as it seems evident in some cases, is it just a lame grab for stars and flags from the lowest common denominator... THE POLITICAL TROLLS?!?!?!?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Excellent video , nice job

Half the people will believe its a real interview and agree 100%

Why didn't you make it a longer Vid ?

O Ya , Obama's Fault

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Sean48]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So, can I tune in tommorow for the interview with skeptic overlord? seriously, the video was cute, but I think it happens on both sides of the aisle when people aren't happy with their "party" not being in office. I don't care for alot of what the current administration had and hasn't done. Then again, I didn't care for alot the last few administrations have done. As an independant, I don't follow a party line, but I think when one is in office, the responsibility of that office rest squarely on their shoulders. Something both parties right now seem to have forgotten. S & F for you, excellent question and presentation.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
1. I'm no troll.
2. I don't really care about stars and flags.
3. You get a flag because you put obvious effort into the video, but no star because I disagree with your premise.
4. There are many things "made-up" about Obama....but there are many things made up about Bush, NASA, the UN, military, etc.
5. SOME things made up does not diminish the parts that ARE TRUE.
6. Obama is the President and I respect that. However, I disagree with MANY policies that have been enacted, his handling of bi-partisanship, the Stimulus Bill accountability, the automotive takeover, healthcare reform as it's written now, etc.

There are so many things wrong with what's going on in Washington right now it's ridiculous. And, yes, it IS Obama's fault primarily. For example, he is going to charge the banks fees to re-coup OUR money. SO....the banks then pass the fees onto their customers in the form of increased overdraft charges, increased per check / transaction fees, etc. In essence, we are paying ourselves back....also known as paying TARP / Stimulus funds TWICE. Who made that decision? OBAMA. Does he care that Americans are going to be paying EVEN MORE now with EVEN LESS money in accounts? Apparently not since all evidence proves otherwise. He loves Wall Street. He loves the banks. He loves his lobbyists. He loves spending OUR money. Who doesn't he show love to? The Americans that put him into office. WE are the forgotten ones.

Further, this panel of 10 governors. Where are the man's priorities? Is it really necessary to have this committee? NOW? When the states and people in them need as much attention and focus as possible?

That's just the tip of the iceberg. American people are broke, jobless, and homeless. THAT is where OUR President's focus should be. NOT worrying about some 10 people that are going to coordinate the efforts of the military, National Guard, etc. THAT CAN WAIT until times are better. Unless, of course he has actual plans this committee will be working on...hence the recurrence of the martial law theme.

Obama has put too many things on his plate, is trying to do too much all at once, and in the meantime forgetting the very people that put him there to begin with. Further, he is bankrupting us and increasing the deficit at never-before seen rates.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I'm not talking about the questionable policy decisions, I'm talking about the obvious flame fueled BS that finds it's way to the big board here, and inevitably winds up flagged like it's Arlington National Cemetery! The example I gave in the OP is a good example of this. The title of the tread was "Obama signs Martial Law Order", or something to that effect, when it was nothing even close to such. Just some bloggers view of it...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Dude, did you completely sleep thru 2000-2008, when Bush was in office?

Here on ATS, anything that happened in the world was automatically blamed on Bush.

"I went to the drive thru at Burger King and I got a hamburger, not the cheeseburger I ordered; it's all Bush's fault!!!!!!!"

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Most things are Bush's fault.

Obama has just found a few things to call his own.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Great OP Jaxon. Its not just Obama, but in general the office of the president. People have this ignorant assumpt that the president holds all the cards in decision making when our system is more complicated then that, and also that there is more to a story then meets the eye. I mean I hated Bush with passion, but I use to get so frustrated at the false "Bush martial law" threads as well which went no further than fear mongering. Some people even blamed Bush for creating Katrina (not his response, but that he didnt prevent it) which was in part the responsibility of the state of louisiana. Folks blamed bush for the house bubble when Clinton had a part to play in it back in the 90's along with some republicans.

Carter was blamed for the financial crises of the 70's that actually started in 73' following the oil crises. People blamed Nixon for the Vietnam war that started in the administrations before him. There will usually be blame to go forth at the current sitting president because there always be people who want scapegoats. There will always be a pattern aswell, with rightwing presidents getting blamed by leftwing partisans and leftwing presidents getting blamed by rightwing partisans. Its just a game of politics. Ignorance is bliss.... especially when you have a scapegoat to point at.

It is important to give some responsibility to a president in matters that continue well into his administration such as his or her handling, but so far as to put the entire blame, thats incorrect.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Very well said.

I think that the only time the President is at "fault" is when he says, "Hey, the buck stops here; I'm taking the heat for what's happening."

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Great OP, S&F.

I am sensing that as the one year mark of Obama's presidency approaches, a backlash from middle-of-the-road Americans is starting to materialize due to the purely political, way over the top, criticism of the administration.

The way the GOP attacked Obama for the underwear bomber seems rather unpatriotic to many with whom I have discussed the issue. That really seems to have been a tipping point of sorts. Also, the drum beat of republicans claiming that no terrorist attacks happened under Bush's regime has really insulted the intelligence of many. I think people are starting to wake-up to the fact that Obama is actually doing a decent job, in the face of almost unprecedented challenges. Furthermore, his approval has been dampened by many unhappy liberals, but I am hopeful they will come around as they witness the all out negative campaign planned by the republicans. If job growth picks-up, the GOP is left with being nothing more than the party of no....

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Great OP. I couldn't agree more. And on a related note has anyone noticed the recent rash of history revisers?

Mary Matalin (GOP Strategist) claims Bush inherited 911.

Dana Perino, former WH Press Secretary said that we did not have a Terrorist Attack under Bush:

Perino Lies

And former NY Mayor Rudy Giuliani has parroted same on more than one ocassion:

Giuliani forgets history

Geesh. Do they think we are really THAT stupid?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I will offer an opinion since I am one of the worst offenders.I feel much the same as lpowell0627,If I may be so bold.I have disagreed politically with almost every decision this administration has made since the bailout .I know Bush started it and believe me, I may not have been a member of ATS so I can't prove it but I was a very vocal opponent of bush as well.That I like bush is an assumption on the part of all the obamatrons, but check my history I very rarely if ever stick up for him.

Now obama is the head of the administration so he bears the brunt of it but I also disagree with pelosi and reed and have been critical of them and others. I also think he's not playing fair for lack of a better term(I mean just look at his behavior on the health care bill, all his broken promises,his willingness to ignore and lie to the American people ) .Join all that with the fact I think he's being held up by the media to be the be all end all of everything and I get very worked up.

I feel when the odds are stacked against me/us(I hope some one agrees with me)that way I want to shout from the rooftops LOOK AT THIS GUY!! he's lying or can't you see what he's doing?But every time I do that I have some one inevitably call me a racist and I'm like wow.
So after a while I just decided to point out every flaw no matter how small and to bring to light any miss deeds he may or may not have done ,Now as for blame if he wants to take credit for everything he gets the blame for everything plain and simple.After all he"instructed HIS team to make Haiti a priority(I thought we were on the same team?)And last but not least what makes me absolutely loose my composure is when he say's he "inherited the mess were in".If I recall he asked for it!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Great work JaxonRoberts.

You will catch a lot of flack, but that's par for the course.

S & F

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Perhaps you missed the part in the OP where I stated:

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Anyway, why is it that there is always an element that just craves to belittle and berate the office of the President? It matters not who is holding the office, the tactics are the same.

I was not asleep from 2000-2008, and I have noticed that the same game was played then...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Who did the voice-over work? Stephen Hawking!

Nice work OP

I'll throw you a flag and a slap to the side of your head just to straighten you out a little!

Becker

new topics

top topics

join