It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday clock to be moved by world's top scientists tomorrow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
First off, I never even realized such a thing existed--whether this was originally supposed to be facetious or real. But apparently things are getting worse, not better.

Go figure.

The minute hand of the famous Doomsday Clock will be moved at 3pm tomorrow afternoon, for the first time in two years.

The timepiece in New York conveys how close humanity is to catastrophic destruction, which is represented by midnight.

Today the public can watch the change for the first time via a live web feed.

A spokesman said: 'Factors influencing the latest Doomsday Clock change include international negotiations on nuclear disarmament and nonproliferation, expansion of civilian nuclear power, the possibilities of nuclear terrorism, and climate change.'
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
But which way are they going to move it?

I did not see this information.

Or will we just have to wait until they do it to find out what their sentiments are about our current direction as a civilization??

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
any idea what time is it going to be moved to?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think the first factor mentioned is the biggest tell. Question is, which way have we been heading lately with nuclear disarmament and nonproliferation? I'm not sure.

Okay, I thought about it for another minute. The article said it was changed forward in 2007 because of the failure to solve problems posed by nuclear weapons. Judging from this statement, and the above factors alone, I'm thinking the clock will go forward a minute or two. At least this may bring some clarity to some people who are still in la-la land.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've been seeing a lot about this, but I think they will move it away from midnight. That is my take on the popular opinion of the world.

Remember this clock measures how close we are to annihilating ourselves. Obama just got the Nobel Peace Prize, and there are massive intercontinental and international Treaties and talks and conferences going on at the moment!

All the major players are playing together nicely! The global community could careless if Israel and Iran blow each other up, that is just more money and contracts for Russia, Europe, China and the US.

The only places in the world with conflict or suspected conflict do not have the power or resources to initiate a global scale Nuclear War.

N. Korea, Iran, Israel, Bosnia, Chechnya, Africa, all of them have strategic resources or real estate that the major players want. They would love to see them stay in constant confllict!

China is not going to mess up its cash cow in the US. Russia isn't going to risk the strategic hold it has on Europe. The US is begging for economic help, but any one branch of our military is still stronger than anybody in the rest of the world!

Social Networking is at an all-time high, and people in UAB and Iran and Cuba and even Haiti are getting their messages out via YouTube and Twitter and Facebook! The most volatile countries in the world are fighting an information war internally!

Nope, I expect the Doomsday clock to get retarded several minutes!

I think it is BS, and it is all part of the NWO strategy and More Peace=More Chains the way things are unfolding, but who knows, maybe us little people are just biding our time and letting the NWO put the correct infrastructure in place before we take over!!!

[edit on 13-1-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I, too, believe they will move it away from midnight. I couldn't find the words but I think you summed it up perfectly, getreadyalready.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
One site (Drudge) has said it will move forward?? since it is about scientists talking to scientists from all specialities including climate change, My guess is that they will move it back two mins, then one min forward

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I bet that it will definitely move forward. Start of 2010 is already crazy and tensions are escalating everywhere.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think it will be moved forward.
And it`s going to be broadcast live

Doomsday clock live broadcast
What was the last count?
I am sure it was at 3 minutes to midnight.
Oops,my link says 5 minutes.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by tracey ace]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
When it moves backwards i'm holding my breath !

A book made up from books of old stated, when people believe they live in peace, it's a fals peace and they are seconds away to hell being unleashed upon the earth. Or something like it that.

[edit on Jpm1pmupmWed, 13 Jan 2010 18:42:02 -060010 1 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
[edit on Jpm1pmupmWed, 13 Jan 2010 18:42:02 -060010 1 by Sinter Klaas]

WTF, is that?

I've not seen this before. Digital fart?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
oh no not the doom and gloom clock, NOT THE DOOM N GLOOM CLOCK!!! OH NOES!

Really, its just, a tool they use to instill yet more fear. I hope they reverse the clock so the ones who take this seriously, can rest a little better tonight.... or tomorrow night.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Why did i know this Climate Change BS was going to be a contributing factor.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is fact a true clock that has been around from 1947. The first time I ever heard of it was when I was doing a project on the cold war back in the 60's about the Cuban crisis when they found Russian missiles being set up.en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I apologize. Dutch I am.

I probably meant it.

But yet, it really stinks in here. Maybe it's just me.

In Dutch, Dat means it. Oh I'm also not the brightest in the family.

[edit on Jpm1pmupmWed, 13 Jan 2010 19:46:32 -060010 1 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Already discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

It went back, just as I suspected. I am surprised it was only 1 minute back, but since it is the first time in history that it went backwards, I guess 1 minute is significant!

THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE SAFER! It only means that TPTB see the world leaders and governments as less of a threat to one another. "We the People" are really no better off, and quite possibly we are in dire straits because the worldwide cooperation has brought us so much closer to NWO!

The Doomsday Clock has been set back 1 minute for the first time in its 63-year history. In moving the clock from 5 minutes before midnight to 6 minutes before midnight, scientists expressed optimism for humanity's future.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It's not the first time it went backwards.

It's the first time it went backwards just one minute.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Thank you, you are correct....I misread that!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Maybe it went back because a sitting US president won the Nobel peace prize.

Or because we finally defeated global warming with electric cars and by producing and buying less.

Or maybe because our government not just occupying foreign countries, but is now occupying our private companies, banks, and financial institutions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join