It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Their new trick : meet where no one will protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
news.xinhuanet.com...

U.S. treasury secretary to attend G-7 Finance Ministers meeting in Canada
www.chinaview.cn 2010-01-14 00:58:42

WASHINGTON, Jan. 13 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. Department of the Treasury announced on Wednesday that Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner will travel to Iqaluit in Nunavut, Canada to attend the G-7 Meeting of Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors February5-6, 2010.

Geithner will meet with G-7 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors to discuss a range of issues, according to a statement released by the Treasury.

He will talk with his counterparts about the world economic outlook, financial reform, trade and development, and how G-7 countries can help support implementation of the "Framework for Strong, Sustainable, and Balanced Growth," the statement added.

So...that's their new trick... Meet in freaking IQALUIT, in the coldest month of winter, where there's only a small population... All that to avoid protesters and exposure.

Seriously, who's going to go protest in freaking Iqaluit? You basically can only go there by PLANE... and there's no big population... only 6800 people... yeah, that small...

So their new trick is to go somewhere where there's nobody to protest or oppose them... They are basically showing their hand...meeting there or meeting in secret is basically the same thing.

Will their next meeting be held on top of mount Everest?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well, think of this in a positive way.

At least they are way the hell over there, instead of over here near us!

Hehehe, see there is something good from this.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well, it's probably cheaper to fly them all off to Frozennads Canada than to have 8,000 police and national guard protecting their pathetic behinds.
Besides, If their planes have trouble way up there I wouldnt lose any sleep over it. Perhaps they'll even stay up there ::prays hard:::prays really hard::

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Heck!

If you plan on protesting better organise and find some company volunteering a planes(s) and a pilot(s) to get there

I believe GreenPeace should be the first one landing

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I just learned of this incident more than a year later while reading wikipedia. I am shocked. The point of saving money on security is correct but the thought of the event just blows my mind. THE global financial architects meeting in such a remote place just reads out of a comic book summit of super evil henchman.
It makes me wonder if this ranks as one the top international summits in terms of remoteness.
What other meetings compare?

[link]http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/story/2009/11/18/nunavut-g7-meet.html[/link]

wow

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Perhaps a blizzard will snow them in and they'll be forced to eat one another to survive... What am I thinking, militaries of each attending nation would be there with flame throwers mounted to helicopters melting the snow before it even touched the ground.

The easiest way to save on security is to stop pissing the rest of the world off.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

yea maybe mother nature can help us out on this one.

new topics

top topics

join