It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Blames Haiti Earthquake on "Pact With the Devil"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
...Robertson was running for president back in '88. He even beat G.H.W. Bush in some primaries. Can you imagine what that would have been like? God save us from the Godly!

Yes. Since this is in the political news, we must bring up the decades long ties to the Republican Party. The GOPs pack with the devil was in its alliance with the fundamentalist, conservative Southern Baptists Convention (and others) who could turn out church voters and voter rolls. The GOP fed off these voters and, in turn, church leaders gained great influence in politics. Money and power, especially powerful men, not so women.

Dominionists were very close to controlling all three branches of the federal government from which they could impose their narrow interpretation of scripture on the rest of society. People so close to full political power are not going to go away. The American people need to maintain vigilance and understand the history of how dominionists came to political power. And we need to embrace democracy with a passion -- for it was voter apathy that allowed leaders like Pat Robertson to get so many dominionists elected to Congress in the first place.
source

Robertson's Southern Baptist Convention has a tradition of "issues" with Roman Catholicism, so his Haiti talk was no doubt influenced by his personal religious beliefs. Oh, and the SBCs heritage of biblical defense of slavery and white supremacy probably informs his words, too.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I've to say I thought the same thing about this tragedy in Haiti, but not like a "God Wrath" but more like a karmic condition seeded by themselves. Obviously isn't the better time to talk about that due the suffering of Haitians. But this statement makes sense. Notice that ALL nations whose people still practicing African rituals of voodoo, black magic, sorcery, blood sacrifices, necromancy and things like that, are being DEVASTATED by all sort of disasters, disease epidemics, plagues, extreme poverty, misery, etc. And before people say I'm racist, hater, nuts and insensible, I must say that I'm afro-descendant and ain't talking about fairy tales. I'm talking about the evil legacy of the last decadent times of Lemuria, inherited by the Africans and spread to Southern North America, Central and South America during the slavery era. Notice that African black magic was/is freely practiced in these areas. So what's the deal??

Africa, dismiss introductions: Misery, Ebola, HIV, endless tribal wars, centuries of exploration, etc, etc.
Cuba, 50 years of extreme misery, tyranny, social delay. The same to all Caribbean small nations. Few people know that in Cuba there's a giant upside down pentagram carved in the relief of some region, visible with Google Earth.
Cuba giant voodoo pentagram
Brazil, Venezuela and a bunch of South American nations, corruption, violence, misery.

I believe that these activities have been creating a very evil energy field, that sooner of later simply "explode" in some terrible event.

AGAIN, ain't racist! Lets remember that Europe was devastated by several epidemics during the Middle Age, due to massive practice of Wicca, druidism, dark occultism, and all sort of necromancies. Heritage of last times of Atlantis. However I don't know what dark fate is hovering above mankind 'cos currently, the most of governments are involved with Masonic black occultism. Unfortunately we live times where people are blind to these issues, due to materialism and fanatic religious haters, usually twist the situation, due their complete ignorance and lack of global vision.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by ucalien]

[edit on 14-1-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Do you also believe, as Mr Robertson does, that 9/11 was punishment for our turning away from god. Just curious.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

First of all, cut off this "divine punishment" propaganda. Mankind is trapped in its own seeded karma. However, I do believe that the 9/11 was a sacrifice offered to evil entities, by the Illuminati behind US government. I don't know if Freemasonry is serving to these dark powers or some twisted groups... But I'm sure that the US government has deep roots in Babylonian black occultism. And the scariest proof is the layout of Washington DC. Notice where exactly the White House is placed... and Judge by yourself.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bff261873281.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Does This now get him an honorary membership into the westboro baptist church?!...Im sure him and Fred Phelps could get along real well between the sheets,keep each other busy,and let the world live on 'peace'...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The same freedom of speech which protects Bill Clinton making racist statements like "A few years ago this guy [Obama] would have been getting us coffee" protects jerks like Pat Robertson saying what they want to say. Just turn the idiot off and don't watch. That's how you kill a troll.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Many years ago, back when Daddy Bush's recession (amazing how a Bush presidency and a recession seem to always go hand-in-hand) resulted in my last long-term layoff, I used to watch the 700 Club. It was like a train wreck of stupidity; absolutely ghastly to view but, somehow, you couldn't look away. Let me tell you, every bogus, spin-doctored move in the Fox News repetoire was pioneered on the 700 Club's fake new reports. Of course, after the bogus news was reported, all of Pat's sidekicks would turn to Daddy Pat in confused bewilderment and ask him to grace them with his divine knowledge on the topic just presented. Pat never let them down. He always had "Pact With Satan" inside info that no history book has ever documented to firmly lodge the recent event within that special universe known as Quasi-Christ-Robertson-ianity.

I will never forget one particular program. They had teasers all morning long that there was a Major Announcement from His Majesty coming up!! Finally they couldn't put it off any longer and Pat took center stage to declare that, none other than Gawd hisself, had put it on his heart to do a Great Work in some such forsaken backwash of a country, I really don't recall which hell-hole it was. Naturally this "Great Work" was gonna cost mucho drachmas, and Pat was ardently asking his audience to please, please, send him as much of their disposable income as they possibly could in order to make this "Great Work" a reality. That's when I really understood the evil genius of the man and that there was no act so low or vile that he wouldn't willingly go there to make a buck!

Think about it, He claimed that the Lawd had put it upon HIS heart to do this Great Work. At this point in his repulsive life he's so rich that he has stupid money available to him to squander on anything he might fancy. He could easily have financed the whole enterprise all by himself! But, NO, Pat doesn't want all the GLORY for himself. He wants the trailer park trash that watch his program to do without so that THEY can fund this Great Work and thereby share in the blessing of the Lawd. Pat wants senior citizens who are struggling to get by on their meager Social Security payments to pony up the cash. He wants welfare recipients to forgo buying a million lottery tickets every week and, instead, send the money to him so that he can make God's miracle plan happen. I seem to remember that he was even offering some silly key ring or something to people who donated over a certain amount. And I thought that Pat hated Public Television!

to me the Anti-Christ isn't a single man, it's a huge global corporatocracy that deliberately take the New Testament and twist it to suit their money-making and power brokering schemes. All churches, whether they are big or small, are money-making businesses, pure and simple, and they all traffic in twisting the Gospels this way and that and making promises that they cannot possibly keep (salvation). They are like vampires who prey upon the weak, the simple, the beaten and the broken. Pat Robertson is a king among them. He is one of the pioneers of modern televangelism. Perhaps even more than Billy Graham, he demonstrated the unbelievable earning potential that was locked in those ancient scripts and paved the way for a thoroughly modern method to exploit them for riches and political power. Not even the equally odious Jerry Falwell could match Pat's unparalleled profiteering in the name of Jesus. Like I have said before, if there really was a God, or, at least a God who recognized his moral responsibilty to police the activities of those who act in his name, then Pat would have been a pile of cinders a long long time ago. As long as Pat continues to go unpunished I can be pretty certain that God is just a another made-up superhero and that Hell is really here on Earth, in a large part thanks to people like him.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
One of these days this old bastard is going to drop dead and I'm going to announce it was because he sold his soul to the devil.

If he craps himself on air right before he drops dead that will be a sign he sold his children's souls as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I have a co-worker who was born and raised in Haiti. He has worked for my department for just over 2 years and has yet to reach ANY of his family. I pray he will get through or hear something soon, good or bad, I just want him to know.

Now I let him hear Pat Robertson's video and asked him his opinion since the rest of us really can't speak on it the way he can. He listened and told me the following.

"I am not mad at the man. I understand what he means, but think he could of stated it a better way. My country has done many bad things over the years to itself, but like anywhere else we have our good parts and bad parts. I really think this guy just wants my people to look to god more than we do as a nation. My family is christian and loves god, but yes many in my country do not."

I then asked him if he was offended in any way by it.

"No, one thing I learned moving to America is that freedom of speech is there for ALL OF US, not just for those we agree with. As I said before Rob, I think he has a point, but just needed to say it in a different way, but I truly do not believe he wished this on us, wanted this to happen to us, or anything like that."

This coming from a man who has over 18 relatives unaccounted for. Goes to show that no matter where your from, skin color you have, culture you live by, etc...there are great people among us. Again my prayers are with him and hope he hears from SOMEONE down there soon.

P.S. Ain't it something too...all the recent ATS bashing of the US Military and low abd behold, who is on their way to HELP the people in need!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by dragonseeker

+5 internets for you sir. It's amazing to me, as a black american, with katrina still burned into my mind, how white "christians" don't seem very "christian" when it comes to us darker folk..

Although I understand your outrage, you must take care, not to do the same thing that Robertson is doing. Making a blanket statement about "white Christians" places your speech very close to that of Robertson, in condemning an entire population for his perceived "deal with the devil". Robertson, IMHO, does not speak for most White Christians, Black Christians or Red Christians. He speaks for his wallet.

Dragonseeker made a relevant observation. If we look at Pat's viewer demographics it will consist of mostly senior white christians. The same generation brought up during a period of heavy cultural differences, racism and the fight for civil rights.

(Pat Robertson was born in March 22, 1930)

Pat is merely pandering to his demographic, his viewers/donators. This makes perfect business sense although morally corrupt.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well, if he's saying the Devil caused the earthquakes, then he also has to blame God too...Think about it; If God said that "all things come from me" (as in, all of Creation), then God created the Devil & also man's capacity to do evil. Then also consider that an earthquake is one of the results from the Laws of Nature in action...So, that means the Laws of Nature as set forth by the Creator?

So who is this hypocrite really trying to blame for the earthquake?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

This really is disgusting but I suppose if Robertson is one of those who believes in an old testament style wrath version of God (the kind who kills the first born children of Egypt and such) then it makes sense this kind of nonsense would come from his mouth.

The scary part, for me, is that I know he has actual followers, people who take his word as law, right here in the USA, that's enough to make it hard to sleep at night.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

+5 internets for you sir. It's amazing to me, as a black american, with katrina still burned into my mind, how white "christians" don't seem very "christian" when it comes to us darker folk...

Actually, you're only half right. Christians aren't very nice when they have to deal with poor/ black/ other races/ that aren't within 'their' social circle'. So it isn't *just* 'darker' people, as you put it. They go for the jugular on anyone who isn't white, rich, AND well connected.

It's a version of the 'good ol boys' network, just the head of it floats around on a cloud instead of in a limo somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join