It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Blames Haiti Earthquake on "Pact With the Devil"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I just heard this on Fox News and simply couldn't believe it. What kind of nerve does this stupid P.O.S. have?

100,000's of thousands may be dead and he has the nerve to say they are getting their due? Unbelievable.

Prepare to be sick.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Why is someone like him allowed to spout this hate and lies on National televison, there is a special place for him when he goes it isn't up.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Why is someone like him allowed to spout this hate and lies on National televison, there is a special place for him when he goes it isn't up.

I'm all for free speech....but come on!!!! How could any compassionate person say something like this...especially when it just happened and we don't even know the full ramifications of the whole thing.

What a loser. I hope he gets struck dead by a lightning bolt. Lunatic.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sad thing is , there are idiots agreeing with him.

2nd line to shake head in disbelieve

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's kind of ironic coming from a guy like him, but if one were so inclined to believe in Cosmic justice (as I am wont to do from time to time), a country so deeply rooted in voodoo having the Wrath of God unleashed upon it wouldn't surprise me.

Edit to add: That being said, I certainly believe that the power to create earthquakes not only exists, but is used for geopolitical gain.

Peace

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think you guys are overreacting to his comments.

So what if he thinks God did it?

He did refer to it as a tragedy, and he certainly did not wish any further harm upon them.

He actually simply said he hopes they "turn to God" because he thinks that will help them become a prosperous nation.

I honestly think the guy is somewhat retarded, but he is entitled to his opinion.

Rather than getting all bent out of shape over him, if he angers you so much I highly suggest ignoring anything he says.

I typically ignore Pat Robertson because he is usually wrong about everything.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

What a twisted deluded sick old bastard , what on earth is wrong with the retarded people that sit and watch this pious pap.

If there was a devil I would gladly cut a deal for my left testicle if he would earthquake every sicko bastard like this away off of this planet.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I honestly think the guy is somewhat retarded, but he is entitled to his opinion.

I like to think I'm well spoken

But I defer to the above quote on this one

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

He ought to be ostracized by polite society. Persona non grata.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
He and Rahm Emanuel have one thing in common. They both seem to subscribe to the same mantra:

"Never let a crisis go to waste."

Draw your own conclusions, people. This one is rather obvious, IMO.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
heh heh heh Pat robertson leader of the tools follow him to the sea and jump on in for HIS god.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Our heavenly Father loves everyone unconditionally.
Pat Robertson is terribly wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Haiti, despite being famous for is vodoun practitioners, is a majority Christian nation - Namely, Roman Catholicism.

What Robertson means is that they're black. Remember, they made a deal with the devil to be free of the French. Did America's founders make the same deal to be free of the british? 'Course not. They're white!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
He can't help it.
He's an idiot.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
He does point out one important thing .... one island ... two nations ... same soil and climate ... why the edifferent states of those nations ... I do not agree with his conclusion ... but why the difference ? that's an interesting observation

Hope they get through this well though .... poor haitians

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Sounds like what's her name from Basic Instinct that said, Sharon Stone, that said that the chinese deserved the earthquake.

Both of them should crawl back under the same rock!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by muzzleflash

Haiti, despite being famous for is vodoun practitioners, is a majority Christian nation - Namely, Roman Catholicism.

What Robertson means is that they're black. Remember, they made a deal with the devil to be free of the French. Did America's founders make the same deal to be free of the british? 'Course not. They're white!

+5 internets for you sir. It's amazing to me, as a black american, with katrina still burned into my mind, how white "christians" don't seem very "christian" when it comes to us darker folk...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Our heavenly Father loves everyone unconditionally.
Pat Robertson is terribly wrong.

+ 10. I wonder if this nut made a correlation between Katrina & Voodoo?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
He's the same guy who said that Hugo Chavez should be assassinated

Why does the media allow the airing of such trash?

Divide and conquer

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

+5 internets for you sir. It's amazing to me, as a black american, with katrina still burned into my mind, how white "christians" don't seem very "christian" when it comes to us darker folk..

Although I understand your outrage, you must take care, not to do the same thing that Robertson is doing. Making a blanket statement about "white Christians" places your speech very close to that of Robertson, in condemning an entire population for his perceived "deal with the devil". Robertson, IMHO, does not speak for most White Christians, Black Christians or Red Christians. He speaks for his wallet.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join