It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American aid.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
With yet another horrible natural disaster happening in the world, the US is again out front in offering aid. President Obama even missed a job meeting (something supposedly to help America) just to keep abreast of the situation as it develops. While I'll be the first to say our government isn't exactly a model of efficiency, truth, or any other number of other things......America is there when something like this happens, as are other nations. The differnt church organizations are out in force too, the ones so often criticized on here. So maybe once in awhile some of us should stop for a minute and recognize that no matter the feelings some of you have towards these different entities, they do good as well. I know some have the opinion that everyone in the military are evil, and do all kinds of horrendous things. However the US military and equipment are once again helping others, on a large scale. Maybe, just maybe, some should take this into consideration as well. Helping others in times like these doesn't nullify, or erase the bad that some men do, yet it does prove the worth of these very entities to the world

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

U.S. Spearheads Global Response to Haiti Earthquake

www.foxnews.com...

That should be the title of your thread!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I agree it's good to see America helping.

However i'd much rather see the Defense Department spending it's billions on rebuilding lives in Haiti rather than destroying them in Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

edit

[edit on 13-1-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
my prayers to the people of haitian and goverment and there loved ones who are dead or missing there and all the community in this world other haitian people are I hope there love ones are fine and with my prayers to the united nation troops are station there who lost loved ones and etc and hope others country can help with aid etc its sad for that type people who have to lived there and can rebuild it back as its was and other people who help them etc
by diffrent country and hope others country can help any way with this earthquake in haiti try to be in their shoes and not to give up hope there god
still praying for them for the best in haiti and others countrys will do the same

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The US is always generous and timely in helping other countries in their time of need.

I wonder why it took so long to respond to our own citizens after Katrina?

My GF and I are currently getting together a care package for the Hatians.
Clothes, sleeping bags, tents, cooking utinsils, etc.
and money

[edit on 13-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Destroying lives in Afghanistan? RIGHT.

Originally posted by Kram09

I agree it's good to see America helping.

However i'd much rather see the Defense Department spending it's billions on rebuilding lives in Haiti rather than destroying them in Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't want this turning into another left wing military bashing thread. I was simply pointing out that the US military, the government, and churches also do good in the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Because the State and Local Governments dropped the ball. Then they found that it was politically expediant to blame the Federal Government.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Because your State rights are kinda retarded, that's why.

Originally posted by whaaa

The US is always generous and timely in helping other countries in their time of need.

My GF and I are currently getting together a care package for the Hatians.
Clothes, sleeping bags, tents, cooking utinsils, etc.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Well forgive me, but the Americn military aren't exactly tickling the Afghan people with feathers are they?

I guess that's for another thread. But at least the U.S is doing something to help Haiti.

[edit on 13/1/10 by Kram09]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

So you were supplied with links but still you bicker it dose not matter if you like the U.S. or not help is on the way.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

My GF and I are currently getting together a care package for the Hatians. Clothes, sleeping bags, tents, cooking utinsils, etc.

That's awesome of you whaa. I'm going to do something...just have to figure out how I'm going to do it.

Everyone should do what they can to help! Just imagine all of the children that have died.

It's horrible.
I feel for them.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Exactly, that was the gist of the thread........

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
However the US military and equipment are once again helping others, on a large scale. Maybe, just maybe, some should take this into consideration as well.

Noted.

Taking that into consideration now.

Pondering over.

Boycott of all things American (as much as possible) continues.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
You are going to boycott all things american. Jewish too maybe?

Excellent. Take off your jeans.

<<   2 >>

join