It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Hoax of the 21st Century: 2012 Armageddon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

9/11 is a possible conspiracy, not a HOAX... It really happened, it's the cause that is debated...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Except if you asked a Mayan.. .All that that date means is that it's time to go and buy a new calendar.

It's the Long Count version of 12/31/09. I got a new calender on that day. Did you?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Hey, I never said that it was the 'End of the World', just commented on the origin of the '2012' phenomenon...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
As i have learn the alignment is not about our sun in the center of the galaxy...jiss there is a big black hole there!
The alignment is with the "equator" of our galaxy, we move like up and down thru time and now we are passing the equator, it has allready started and it is a process. 2012 is said to be the exact day when we "cross" Mayan cal ends that day also..
My opinion is we have a black hole in the center of our galaxy, that hole is surely affecting the galaxy in many ways, and it is suposed to affect when we cross from up to under the equator..sun and earth and many planets COULD be affected..who knows?!

Now, i agree there is a hoax, that is obvious when eople think the sun will be in the center of the galaxy somehow. There are so many theories..one should make his own research, in any case one will learn about the mayans and the galaxy and a lot more very intressting things.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Um... You do know there's like 100 different theories for what might happen in 2012? Some of them actually make scientific sense (unlike the galactic alignment or Nibiru crap).

Can you be clearer about 2012 theories that 'make scientific sense?' Your recent thread was 'Aliens built pyramids so they could use pyramids to levitate stones and leave! Fact!!!'

Due to that thread...when I try and imagine you and 'scientific sense' in one sentence, it comes out like this. 'Blindfolded guy tries to hit the moon with a stick.'

If I imagine a picture...I see you waiting for the next train to 'Scientific Senseville.' That train left a long time ago...and you're in the wrong city

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

My browser must be broken. I can read most of your post apart from the link to Mayans believing in 'apocalypse.' Let me refresh the page....sigh...damn internet.

(Still waiting...Agger floats into the penalty area..Liverpool have a corner...Yossi misses!! Ohhhh its Gerrard!! goal!!! Wooohaa!!! 1-0 Own goal)

No. Still missing the link to Mayan belief in 2012 apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I too am sick of the Doom and Gloom attached to the Mayan Calendar and the exact end date of 12-21-2012. I rented Ian Xel Lungold's dvd The Mayan Calendar Comes North, and sat in awe at how uncannily accurate this calendar is in relation to history, Earth history. I was hooked on studying the calendar ever since.

I was also impressed with the research done by Dr Carl Calleman, and with the calendar itself postulates the end date as 10-28-2011 where the calendar ends 0n 13 13 13 13 13 13 Ahau (hope I got the number of 13s right, going on memory and hunting down the right link) So those of you who plan to die in 2012, will have already been dead long beforehand.

Hope the following links will help clarify some common misconceptions.

The actual end of the Mayan Calendar is 10-28-2011 not 12-21-2012
Article on the Mayan Creation Cycle
www.december212012.com...

For proof on who makes money from 2012
www.csrwire.com...

An Overview of the Mayan Calendar
From Mayan Majix and Ian Xel Lungold
mayanmajix.com...

And for your viewing pleasure
Carl Calleman on myana calendar and current events

[edit on 13-1-2010 by redeyedwonder]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sorry my last link was wrong for Carl Callemans video 9 parts should be,

YouTube
www.youtube.com...

I truly apologize, the hand was faster than the mind...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

If you want to embed a YT vid, it's simple with practice.

Select All & copy the URL on the right of the YT vid you want to use.

Go back to your ATS post and click the 'YouTube Video' button.

Paste the string into the popup box/field.

It looks like this..(ww.youtube..com//watch?v=OvwC6vl9aq4)

No matter which YT vid you post...delete everything from the =sign back.

You'll be left with OvwC6vl9aq4 in the popup box/field

Press OK.

It might seem a long way of doing it, but there's less chance of screwing up a video post (Ziggy60 showed me).

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

We as humans like to change history to our liking. We change facts, twist words and sometimes even try to erase parts of it. Mayans never said the world would end, if they did I'd love to see a quote. somebody said that in his blog or something and it spread like a bad cancer.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank you for the info...
Still new, still learnin, it will help.
And thank you for postin the video.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

9/11 is a possible conspiracy, not a HOAX... It really happened, it's the cause that is debated...

Not really. First, 9/11 was a conspiracy FACT.

Second, with a hoax, usually part of the event happens, while some is fabricated. Remember Falcon the balloon boy? That was a hoax, but the balloon was real.

The hoax part of 9/11 was that the airplanes we all saw were simple CGI.
Even if the planes were real, the videos were altered with CGI.
The other part of the hoax was that the towers were planted with thermate cutter charges to make the buildings fall. Even if the planes were real, they didn't cause the buildings to "collapse" in an explosive fashion. LOL
Countless lies and fabrications made by the news media.
Also many of the victims were not even real people, just names thrown in to inflate the numbers.

Think of a hoax regarding a perpetual motion machine. Nobody is doubting that the machine isn't made of real molecules, just that the machine is working exactly as advertised. The hoax comes in the deception part of whatever it is.

Yes, it was the biggest hoax in history, and most people including you still believe the lies. That's how great of a hoax it was.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Can you be clearer about 2012 theories that 'make scientific sense?' Your recent thread was 'Aliens built pyramids so they could use pyramids to levitate stones and leave! Fact!!!'

Due to that thread...when I try and imagine you and 'scientific sense' in one sentence, it comes out like this. 'Blindfolded guy tries to hit the moon with a stick.'

If I imagine a picture...I see you waiting for the next train to 'Scientific Senseville.' That train left a long time ago...and you're in the wrong city

First of all.. In my other thread I never claimed my pyramid theory was a scientific fact. That was just my theory and speculation, nothing more. I even made it more clear that my theory that it was so aliens could recharge a ship was pure speculation, with no corroborating evidence. I never claimed otherwise. You know that, but you want to lie and put words in my mouth to make me look like I'm a nut.

I already apologized to you once for getting your panties wadded, I don't feel like I have to apologize again... but I'm really sorry, I swear.

And 2nd, didn't I just provide you a link to a scientific theory that makes sense regarding 2012?

Maybe you missed it. www.halfpasthuman.com...

It doesn't matter if you don't like Clif High either, or his Web Bot project. That is beside the point. Read that theory thoroughly and debunk it. Tell me truthfully that it makes no scientific sense at all.

You are an intelligent person, you know for a fact that the magnetic field lines of the sun do infact wind up. This is the mechanism that causes the polar reversals of the sun every 11 years, but the mechanism is far more complicated than just the 11 year cycle.

This is why the sunspots have been repressed.

Tie that in with the fact that our magnetosphere is rapidly deteriorating (you know that's a fact too), and you don't think there's an occasional event that recharges the magnetosphere? This very well could be that event.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Yeah, like I am going to believe anything said by Never A Straight Answer NASA! so they say it, does that make it true? I don't think so, the jury is till out on whether or not NASA even went to the Moon in 1969. Think I will hold my cards a little bit longer.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Just saying.

Imagine how much bandwidth could be saved on ATS if people would just realize that all the long count's final date means is that it's time to carve up another five-thousand odd year calendar.

Instead we get five threads a week with someone espousing "new" insights based on Sitchen, Hancock, Cayce, and copious amounts of Nyquil.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Stating that the planes that crashed into the twin towers on live TV were the product of CGI, now that's a HOAX!!! But that is neither here nor there in reference to this thread... Let's try to stay on topic... The 9/11 forum is full of debate for that subject... So, back to 12/21/12, the end of one era and the begining of another according to the Mayan Calendar...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Yeah, by "live" TV you mean a 17 second delay on news channels that were blatantly sharing the same feeds.. With obvious errors in the CGI.

But yeah. Lets keep this to 2012.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

This is the one that i would go with also. Out of all the farce stories that have been conjured up over the years this is the most logical one. If the suns poles switch then it will cause the earth to shift automacally due to the greater mass of the sun. Also and this is just theory. Im sure some of you have heard of the "the symbol of Ra" and "the eye of god". Its the circle with the dot in the middle it is also on the the alter of a freemason tracing board. I think the symbol represents the transition of venus which will happen in 2012 along with other eclipses. What will happen due tothat is beyond me but i find it very obscure that cultures and societys have this symbol. It must mean something??

As a side note. Im facinated with the egyptians and i think that some knowlege was handed down to the ancients about the stargods returning in 2012.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Ophiuchus13] punctuation

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Ophiuchus13]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I don't know who started this 2012 doomsday hoax but whoever did must be filthy rich selling all those ebooks.

The Mayans did, and they didn't do it for money or for selling books.

The claim is that the planets will allign with the center of the galaxy and somehow that will destroy the earth.

WRONG

Ask an Astrobiologist has received more than 2500 questions about Nibiru and 2012, with more than 200 answers posted. Here is one of the more interesting ones...

Hi, i have a question about the sun alignment in the center of the galaxy in 2012. Will the sun be in the EXACT center of the galaxy? or just lined up/next to the center of the sun. If you can, can you explain this to me.

The response was

There is no alignment with the center of the Galaxy in 2012 or any time. As to the Sun being in the center of the Galaxy, that it impossible; the Sun and solar system will always remain at about 30,000 light years from the galactic center. These stories on the Internet are simply lies, and I am sorry if they have been a problem for you. A lot of the stuff on the Internet is wrong, and you have to learn to distinguish the truth from the lies.

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Good Good, did they mention anything about the Sun reversing it's poles.

e.g

NASA predicts that the Sun will also reverse its own magnetic poles during 2012 as result of reaching the end of current 11-year sunspot cycle. Some believe this will amplify the effects of retarding magnetic field on earth, as harmful charged particles blasted away from the sun would more easily penetrate the earth's atmosphere.

So as you can see there will be no allignment ever. I'd really like to get my hands on the phony who started this. God help me.

I'd much rather take word from an astrobiolgist then some nut job on eBay trying to sell his fake 2012 books.

Something to think about next time someone tells you the world is gonna end.

Seems you are scared, what is it you fear "Death" look around there are not that many people who are actually scared of 2012, most of us understand it's part of evolution.

I don't think you have any right to call somebody a "Nut Job" because there opinions are different than yours, opinions that are based on ones own research and not somebody else's.

CLICK ME

[edit on 14-1-2010 by IamNow]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Many people still believe something will happen in the Era of December 12, 2012 here on ATS and everywhere else in the world. Just because you don't hear to many people on ATS talking about it doesn't mean anything. What it tells me is that they are quietly getting prepared for 2012. To announce that they are getting prepared for it would be insignificant to others.

For those that still don't believe in the 2012 scenario here are some eye opening videos where the USA government and others are quietly preparing to leave the unbelievers at the surface of the Earth to die.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join