It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Lyndon Larouche?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I was driving this morning and on a busy intersection in a suburb of Chicago there was a guy standing on the corner passing out info on this guy Lyndon Larouche.Now I don't want you to think I'm lazy I will look it up myself but I have to go to work(for a change)and I was hoping I could get an Idea of who this guy is.I know I have my differences with some of you here on ATS but I find the members to be insightful and would value your opinion.I have a vague memory of the name from a few years back but that's it.

Thanks in advance
G/I

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

From wikipedia.

Lyndon Hermyle LaRouche, Jr. (born September 8, 1922) is an American self-styled economist, political activist, and the founder of several political organizations known collectively as the LaRouche movement. He has been a perennial candidate for President of the United States, having run in eight elections since 1976, once as a U.S. Labor Party candidate and seven times as a candidate for the Democratic Party nomination. He is the founder and contributing editor of the Executive Intelligence Review, and has written prolifically on economic, scientific, and political topics, as well as on history, philosophy, and psychoanalysis.

He was sentenced to 15 years' imprisonment in 1988 for conspiracy to commit mail fraud and tax code violations, but continued his political activities from behind bars until his release in 1994 on parole. His defenders believe the prosecution was a politically motivated conspiracy involving government officials and a mass-media brainwashing campaign.[1] His appellate attorney, Ramsey Clark, a former U.S. Attorney General, argued that the case represented an unprecedented abuse of power by the U.S. government in an effort to destroy the LaRouche movement.[2]

LaRouche provokes sharply contrasting views. His supporters see him as a political leader in the tradition of Roosevelt and Martin Luther King, Jr., and a brilliant thinker who has been unfairly persecuted, while critics regard him as a cult leader, conspiracy theorist, fascist, and antisemite.[3] Norman Bailey, formerly with the National Security Council, described LaRouche's staff in 1984 as one of the best private intelligence services in the world, while the Heritage Foundation has said he leads what is possibly one of the strangest political groups in American history.[4]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Crackpot and frequent US Presidential candidate who has just enough plausible info sprinkled through his "theories" to make them seem sane.

He has a cadre of cult like followers who make Scientologists look reasonable.

And please, no stalking by Scientologists or Larouchites. You're all free to believe whatever you'd like. I know how dangerous it is to mess with a whackjob's delusions.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Feeling Frisky

Thanks but I kinda wanted your opinion.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
. . . What are "crackpot" and "cadre of cult followers" and "whackjob's delusions" if not opinions?

[edit on 23-1-2010 by cavillor]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I used to see his lectures on one of the Public Access channels just a few years ago. I don't quite recall what dates the lectures were recorded but from the content, they were probably only at most a year old.

I didn't know a thing about him and just listened to his lectures. Just going on what he actually said, I found him to be extremely intelligent with extensive knowledge in his subject matter. He's a great speaker to boot, even if you don't agree with his politics.

He laid out excellent arguments for this theories about politics, economics, and foreign policy. From what I remember, he predicted the economic collapse we're seeing today.

I'm sure you can google some of his lectures. Until this topic, I haven't thought about him since. Be wary of those mentioning cult without giving any sort of opinion. Worse than Scientologists? Are you kidding me?

This man was and still is a threat to TPTB, period.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by amance

This man was and still is a threat to TPTB, period.

The only people LaRouche is a threat to are the ones gullible enough to be taken in by his particular brand of paranoid swill. That is, in my opinion, based upon several years of reading up on his organization, tactics, and theories.

You're free to believe whatever you'd like. There's a reason guys like that attract followers. He's no idiot, he's a dynamic speaker, he has a powerful personality, his ramblings contain enough fact to make his conclusions appear reasonable, and he's a neo-fascist nut.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MrDesolate

The only people LaRouche is a threat to are the ones gullible enough to be taken in by his particular brand of paranoid swill. That is, in my opinion, based upon several years of reading up on his organization, tactics, and theories. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I dont know why you think larouche is more paranoid than most conspiracy types that come out of nth america.
I can only assume it because his brand of conspiracy comes left of centre, whereas most tea baggers have to have the approval of Koch Inc tall tales before it becomes kosher conspiracy right!
edit on 6-6-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 74joff

I dont know why you think larouche is more paranoid than most conspiracy types that come out of nth america.

I don't know why you'd think I'd think that. This thread is about Lyndon LaRouche. Pick another irrational maniac and I'll rip that one.

Jordan Maxwell? William Cooper?

It's a big list, I can't address them all in one thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MrDesolate

I don't know why you'd think I'd think that. This thread is about Lyndon LaRouche. Pick another irrational maniac and I'll rip that one.

I was responding to the posts of most posters here on ATS evidently they dont like Lyndon Larouche.
Ok fair enough but he is no worse in some cases far better than many others that come from Nth America. He is simply too left wing for tea partiers is all!

edit on 11-9-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Lyndon Larouche's information and research is actually some of the best out there.

Although the organisation has been maligned for being "anti-semetic"

In order to learn who rules you, first you must learn who you are not allowed to criticize.

top topics

join