It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edinburgh Daylight UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What do you think cgi or real looks real to me taken Jan 2010

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I looks like a balloon but one thing that caught my eye is that when the light blinked to blue it was a very similar whitish blue that my wife and I saw a when we watched a UFO with a couple of ambulance technicians.

However the light we watched stayed a brilliant bluish white and it did not strobe even when it dimmed out and then zipped off toward the castle.
On that similar light colour alone I could say, yes this is real but it is odd that the footage is so short, an indication of a hoax?

Still, fascinating and thanks for posting it. I do not recognise the landscape though; perhaps the camera was facing towards the south.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It did say it was going to be analyzed by experts. Lights do look cool though they seem to go thru the rainbow. Also it looks massive when compared to the background about the size of big blimp

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
IT's certainly interesting. Especially the way the light reflects off the side of the object as it turns to face away from the camera.

But 23 seconds is a bit piddle and a location would be good too.

There's no point being the most CCTV'd country in the world if you can't use the data protection act every now and the to get additional footage of an area at any given moment.

I'd like to see the RAW data (It's from a phone I'm guessing) or some additional footage to verify it's position in the sky.

S+F for interestingness.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by paranoidandroid99

Here's a link to some cell phone footage which I think is completely fake, but what do I know. It's on other sites as well and apologies for the "music."

I also see they're selling tickets in Edinburgh for some group called UFO, so we might presume a viral.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by paranoidandroid99

The odd thing is the blue light and the white light seems to be what we saw over the west side of Edinburgh where I live (16/09/2009), and though what we saw did not blink and the night was darker we had a sense of something weird that stopped us in our tracks, my wife watching open mouthed, myself standing there with a huge grin (I wish I had waved). Two ambulance men cast glances up at it as they loaded a patient into the back of an ambulance.

Therefore I cannot decide fake or not because those lights keep influencing my objectivity being so similar to the lights me and my wife saw above our home that night.

At the moment I have to go with Occam’s razor and lean towards real because the bluish white light is freaky in similarity to the lights we saw that night but like I said - shame the video is so short.

I will be very interested as to the outcome of professional analysis... Flagged sir!

[edit on 13-1-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Interesting lights, but they could be anything. Heli... balloon... UAV...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WARBREAD
Interesting lights, but they could be anything. Heli... balloon... UAV...

I disagree.

This does not match the flight characteristics nor does the silhouette match their shape.

The closest thing would be a balloon, but I have never seen a balloon with this type of light configuration.

In fact, I believe this object is illegal and breaking the airspace rules by flashing lights in a fashion that breaks Regulations.

There are specific rules for how lights on aircraft are to operate, and this object is breaking these long established rules.

This is over the middle of a large city in the UK as well, mind you.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh...I would have expected snow on the trees and rooftops given that we've been up to our "bits" in the stuff since mid Dec.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Great catch nomadros and you are right, Edinburgh is only now starting to thaw out.

So when was this video really taken and where? like I said the area does not look familiar and I know Edinburgh like he back of my hand

Oh and I just realised that I pretty much repeated myself in this thread, apologies - excited, heh

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
why is the clip so short?

when you have a camera and taking a shot like this you wont hesitate to consume all the memory in that camera, i mean i would have.

unless there is something fishy about this clip.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Seven months old...you tube

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

Excellent catch!

More failer, fail, failers polluting the waters of genuine study with their entertaining (and quite decent) hoaxes again.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomadros
Seven months old...you tube

Nice catch! So, was it seven months ago, or a few days ago?

I originally thought it could possibly be an RC Mylar balloon with a light attached. The fact that they didn't film any more of it (what -- did it get too boring to film?) and that they can't get their dates straight just reinforces that thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

i like blondie
and for what its worth for the orig video it could be a blimp for sure. the only strange thing about it is to make lights circle a blimp and change colour with no evidence of mounting on the blimp is very difficult methinks. so its kinda 50.50. not great odds but still...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Was that a cloud or a ship.
Rotating lights means it can't get a solution on which way to go

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Good find!

Gotta say Im more of a broswer on here,dont post often but had to say this is ace,,to me it dont look like a balloon,never seen one do that with the lights!

The dog seemed freaked out by it to.

Star n Flag

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Strange slow moving cloud.
No sparks so can't be a UFO or can it.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Would be a real bumpy ride. Might be fun though it appeared to flip over.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

At 0:19 there is a red star aura and a lightning strike to ground.
Yeah, how does it do that.

[edit on 1/13/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join