It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addictive Forum Posting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have only been an ATS member for a short time. I think I am obsessed. I have to check my forums whenever I walk by this infernal machine.

Someone please help!!!
I'm loosing sleep and my wife is getting pissed.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Maybe you could do something or ask to be banned for a while... though you could still check your forums... so that wouldn't work.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
u2u'ed

"Hi, this is ktpr, a moderator. I have a suggestion to you, give your wife the phone cord or cable that connects your computer to the internet. Then, whever you want to use it, ask her. If she says no, well then that's no.

cheers
ktpr
"

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If any of us had the answer to that one, we wouldn't be here to tell you.

But hey, at least you learn some stuff from your addiction, better than smoking crack!

Seriously though, theres not much you can do apart from force yourself to cut back. Or at least only log on when you have time, rather than making time to log on. Theres no ATSers Anonymous to go to.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Get your wife involved with ATS, then you can fight over the terminal

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Oh, that's not fair. How could a wife compete? You get the same abuse without child support. Honestly, if you've got business to take care of, take care of it, we'll be here later. Know what you mean though.

cma

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I just have to live woth being absessed with things like this.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the suggestions!

Maybe an ATSers-Anonymous isn't such a bad idea.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cma
I just have to live woth being absessed with things like this.

Well, you won't get arrested for this obsesion.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
scottsquared, it's good *check recent posts* that you *read a BLOG* recognize that you have this problem *check chatroom* that I don't. It *check recent posts* can probably *check recent posts* be *check BTS* traced to *check chatroom* some traumatic *check BTS* event in your life. Seek professional *check U2U�s* help and *check recent posts* don�t give up *check U2U�s* no matter *check recent posts* what. Poor *read a BLOG* guy.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm in the same boat. However, I post when hubby is fast asleep. He can't understand why I'm so tired in the morning. (Doesn't know I've only had like 3 or 4 hours of sleep )

Try marriage counselling?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottsquared
I have only been an ATS member for a short time. I think I am obsessed. I have to check my forums whenever I walk by this infernal machine.

Someone please help!!!
I'm losing sleep and my wife is getting pissed.

Is your wife as colorful as ATS? Does she help you to run the full gamut of human emotions over the course of an hour in the way that ATS can? Can she give you points? Can you hunt for rings around your wife? Can you blog your wife?

Rightly might your wife be pissed, as she was probably not designed to do these things.

The views expressed in the previous two paras are not necessarily the views of this member apropos spousal relations. Also, in special cases, the version of "wife" installed will win out over ATS in the above criteria every time.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Lock the wife in a closet and tell her she can come out when she is willing to deny her ignorance.

Really I can think of worse things to be addicted to.. although not many.

The truth is ATS is amazing in so many ways... not just being addicted to posting... there are times when I spend several hours here just reading... Sometimes the content I find and really get into reading can seem better than a good movie.. hell I have even made popcorn to eat while reading through a really good thread here at ATS.

Simply put.. ATS is a good addiction. Well it has been for me.

Gazz

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Sandpaper your fingertips.
Type with your toes, Probably harder, therefore providing negative reinforcement to the habit..Unless you get GOOD AT IT, then your're screwed

Or, use the same chair at the computer as your average Fast-food restaurant uses in the Dining area.
Uncomfortable, you may not stay as long.
But it may grow on you, or you into IT. Then you're screwed.

Face it, you're screwed. nothing wrong with that!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Nobody has a worse case of addiction than I. I'm online so much for work that I can't resist keeping that ATS window open. My wife is probably going to have to start e-mailing me to get messages across.

If you find a cure, pass it along. Maybe that will come in handy for the day when I want to change. Until then...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottsquared

Someone please help!!!
I'm loosing sleep and my wife is getting pissed.

Dude,

Pay no nevermind to the naysayers
we're all hooked every bit as much as you are.

Pray for redemption for your addiction to the benevolent addiction which is ATS/BTS.

Goddess help us all LOLOL

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Just let me say as a divorcee and a currently married man, legal matters hurt. Take care of life, we'll still be here. BTW, if you need an attorney, don't get mine.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
One possible solution, get addicted to lots of other things. Then you just have to balance your addictions while still getting some time for sleep, work, etc. A harder way may be just to use willpower. Your posts are not going anywhere and your response can always wait another day or two. I'm not expecting the world to end tomorrow, are you?

I believe I enjoy addiction, it's seems good while it lasts.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
My advice to you would be to start playing some massively multiplayer online role-playing game such as Everquest or Final Fantasy XI... soon, you will rarely even THINK about ATS, much less going to the bathroom, going to work, or conversing with your children.

Or you could just play "The Sims."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join