It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen forces 'kill al-Qaeda chief'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yemen forces 'kill al-Qaeda chief'

news.bbc.co.uk

The alleged leader of an al-Qaeda cell in Yemen has been killed in an exchange of fire with security forces, according to a provincial governor.

Abdullah Mehdar is said to have been the leader of an al-Qaeda group in the province of Shabwa, 375 miles (600km) east of the capital, Sanaa.

Reports said four other members of the same cell had been arrested.

In another incident, two soldiers were reportedly killed in an ambush near Ataq, the provincial capital.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
My question is whether this is progress or whether there will just be someone else to replace him very shortly. What impact does it have, when "security forces" kill an Al Qaeda operative or important figure on the group?

I don't think it changes anything. I think that there is already someone who replaced him, and that until we negotiate and speak to them and understand what exactly they want, then this "war on terror" will never end...

Peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm not wondering if anyone has replaced him.
I'm thinking about the fact that this is yet another Middle East country with suspected terrorists that is going to get more attention from the U.S.

At least their own forces took care of this run in

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Knoen]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
True, but if nobody has replaced him, then in that case we have nothing to worry about concerning the U.S. looking at the country. If there is no leader there then there is no threat... Right?

Magnum

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Well, of course someone has replaced him.
And according to this story

news.bbc.co.uk...

"The spotlight was turned on Yemen after the Yemen-based group Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula said it had carried out a failed bomb attack on a US-bound airliner on 25 December
Earlier this week, President Barack Obama said he had "no intention" of sending US troops to Yemen or Somalia to combat militant groups in those countries.
Analysts say al-Qaeda militants have been moving to Yemen after coming under pressure in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and following a crackdown in Saudi Arabia.
Last week, Yemeni officials said another local al-Qaeda leader and two other militants had been arrested after being injured in a raid 25 miles (40km) north of Sanaa."

There's quite a few militants in the country.
I realize Obama said he has no intention of sending troops but..you know.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
how do you know it was actually an al-qaeda leader?

how do you know it wasnt a houthi rebel, labeled as something he was not.

the christmas attack reeks of a false flag, and not even a very good one. and wherever you see al-qaeda, just supplement CIA in place of it, and it will make perfect sense. after all, al-qaeda is a creation of the current secretary of defense robert gates.

let tarpley put it into perspective.

tarpley.net...

well, apparently ATS cant differentiate between NIGERIA and the actual n-word, even though the later has 2 G's so i wont be able to link to it. so just go to www.tarpley.net and find the article about the bomber.

good job on censorship by the way, you should teach your staff a little better, or just stop censoring.
[edit on 13-1-2010 by BlesUTP]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by BlesUTP]

top topics

join