It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an exam today....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
What people are failing to answer is the "Why" Question. Here is my thoughts on the answer.

Aliens are real for the simple fact that we exist "within" the universe. The certainty of Alien life elsewhere is just that, a certainty. There are many countries with space programs. It is only a matter of time before one of them locates an earth like planet someone close by to our galactic address. It is most likely also just a matter of time before we science proves beyond all doubt that other intelligent life "Must" exist, not where it could be, but where it should be. This being that science and observable information will be able to state, "Logically over (so many million or billion) intelligent life forms "should" exist within "Our own galaxy".

Educated groups (in my opinion) have finally stated to switch propaganda to face the relevent facts in preperation for the public to more redily accept the certainty of intelligent life in our own backyard. It is a matter that takes many generations and, for now, it is most acceptable to explain these phenominon as "government created" first in order to judge its, impact. After that, it will be suggested as scientific fact that "Bacteria" "must" exist elsewhere. It will then evolve quickly from there hopefully to match astronomical observations of "possible life planets" that we will (or all ready have found) in the near future.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I live in the US... Men in Black was on for like a week straight on MTV.... like twice a day or something.. I had noticed it.. (I do not watch MTV but saw it flipping through channels.) This was probably during the holidays. The only real reason I took note was because someone else actually made a comment about it also. Thought Id toss that out there.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sfen Senterra

Just before the end of the intro the narrator announced: ''They are real''. Scenes of Hitler started showing up. The narrator started talking about that the Germans where studying alternative means of flight since the late 20's and had a couple of operational crafts in the early 30's. Lots blueprints and photo's where shown. Even a Nazi witness from the day Hitler demonstrated one of his crafts to Mussolini made an appearance. Of course all the usual stories came by like Werner von Braun and Project Paper Clip to Boyd Bushman.

But was it about UFO's using antigravity propulsion - meaning ALTERING gravity?
Because I started to watch the other day a doc about UFO's and was surprised that from the beginning the basis was that UFO's ARE real. But as I watched futher the whole thing was about conventional propulsion with disc shaped fuselages used on experimental and classified aircrafts.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I would love to seriously discuss UFOs in a classroom setting. Last semester my Sociology Professor went out of his way to talk about how silly the idea of shadow governments were, my poli sci course almost caused me to say out loud that 9/11 was a false flag attack (I had to carefully watch myself in each step of my argument in why we should not have troops in Afghanistan), and tomorrow in my World Literature course I am going to have to be careful as we discuss the epic of Gilgamesh.

I wish I could speak freely about a lot of topics, but it is just so difficult. I really wish I had that course that you are taking, it sounds like it is interesting.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The subject of anything like aliens/ET's and/or their craft were never talked about when I was in school. I mean if the subject ever came up it was always just a joke, although I do know I always believed that there was more 'out there' than just us [human beings]. I have my dad to thank for that, he got me into astronomy and taught me a lot, and he always believed that there was other life in the universe as well. So I guess I should be thankful for that since it's gotten me quite far now.

That is really weird of a subject for you have had to go over in school, and it wasn't even politically correct making jokes or anything, the video actually debated the fact saying there were and are flying discs. That's real awesome.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Danna

Actually in English when typing the norm is two spaces after a full stop.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well being 15 and in England, I am coming to the end of my time in secondary school. Not once have we even touched onto the topic of UFOs or E-Ts or anything. I do think it's rather strange due to me being in a grammar school. Apparently it's not even on the National Curriculum so possibly they could be stopping us fromlearning anything about it to possibly make us believe that there is nothing out there.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

I presume the OP is from Holland (the land below the sea), do you seriously expect flawless English from a foreigner?
How is your Dutch? Your French, German and Spanish?

I think the purpose of his exam was learning English - the subject was just the medium to do so.. Teachers prepare their own lessons, based on generally described education goals. I don't think 'disclosure' is part of the Dutch national education policy ...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geolion1
Of course UFO's are real!
A UFO is just a flying object that a person/people cannot identify.
But UFOs made by aliens is another thing...no one here is 100% sure about those.

Dude, speak for yourself.
www.youtube.com...
Look at this, don't tell me this woman is deliberatly lying...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by Sfen Senterra

How can you get to your fourth year (I presume)at secondary school and have such a bad grasp of the English language?Expect to fail your exam.''witch it was''
I think the word that you were looking for was ''which''.Is the education in the U.K.really this bad?I suppose that he's not ''bovvered'',like so many kids today,
used to writing text messages and blogs-shocking the fact that he thinks he's great at English!!!!!!maybe if they gave them proper exams instead of audio video!

That is fascinating that they are teaching about UFO's now in school. I fully agree that they should do so to prepare for eventual disclosure. I really don't think you should be picking on the OP's single mistake, as it is easy to do when typing fast. But, if you really want to include that kind of thing in this education-oriented thread, perhaps we should take a look at your writing:

1) You had no space after "(I presume)."
2) You had no space after the first sentence (or two spaces if you are more old school).
3) You also put the final period outside the quoted word "which."
4) You had the comma outside the quoted word "bovvered."
5) Your sentence starting with "maybe" should be capitalized with at least one space before it.

Did I miss anything?

[edit on 14-1-2010 by downisreallyup]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This is very strange indeed.
I recently watched "The Arrivals"(a series of films that discuss conspiracies). One of the frightening points they made is that we (humans) would be manipulated and brainwashed to believe in extraterrestrials and to accept their existence. This would be done through their (the freemasons) favourite brainwashing medium (TV). Could the film makers of "The Arrivals” have been on to something?
Why the sudden need to educate people on UFO's and extraterrestrials?
We don’t get educated on Bigfoot or the chupacabra which also fall into the category of nonsense, why UFO's?
Are we still getting educated, or are we merely being fed lies so we can drift further away from the truth?? Eventually only the elite who control us would really know the truth and we would be living in "The Matrix" - a world that has been pulled over our eye to hide the truth-

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Here to give you a small update:
I'll do my best to fix all the grammar and spelling in my original post (as some of you have guessed, I am from Holland).
My classes start pretty late today so i called my school to ask if my English teacher was in, she is of for today and will be back in tomorrow. This does not mean i can't get the video up today. I'll ask my economics teacher if he can get it for me, i can always have a good chat with him.

I myself used to be pretty good with video editing software, but that hobby ended 5 years ago. So I would really appreciate it if you guys could U2U me some software tips. The catch is, I'm on a Mac... I already have iMovie but i have never used it before nor do i know if I can rip, edit and convert DVD format with it...

I have to go soon. I will be back in around 7 to 8 hours.

Cheers.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Sfen Senterra]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
1) You had no space after "(I presume)."
3) You also put the final period outside the quoted word "which."
4) You had the comma outside the quoted word "bovvered."

Did I miss anything?

[edit on 14-1-2010 by downisreallyup]

The punctuations (comma and final period) are part of the sentence, not of the quoted word, they belong outside the "quotes". Unless there's an illogical exception in English language compared to other Indo-European languages?
Apart from that, no completions.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
UFOs and other planes and plans in this online reference:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

So its part of history as this summary seems through from the outside
but who knows what was going on on the inside scoop.
ED:

by operators of the ground)

May not be true as one might see the operator through a flat
windshield, however human operation seems best as remote
control by TEM would not be possible as Tesla used his waves
to power and control flight. Self contained power and controls
were obviously used or the best option.

[edit on 1/14/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well we were discussing major incidents as part of my Public Services course and i nearly fell out of my chair as our group was tasked with preparing a welcoming party and cordoning off and securing areas for alien landings. We were told to do a detailed briefing on the subject to the rest of the emergency services and to get a "Vostok Cell" prepared for quarantining visitors.

I couldn't talk for about 10 minutes i was like.. "woah i've never seen that before"

and this little project is filed under our Command and Control unit.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

How can you get to your fourth year (I presume)at secondary school and have such a bad grasp of the English language?Expect to fail your exam.''witch it was''
I think the word that you were looking for was ''which''.Is the education in the U.K.really this bad?I suppose that he's not ''bovvered'',like so many kids today,
used to writing text messages and blogs-shocking the fact that he thinks he's great at English!!!!!!maybe if they gave them proper exams instead of audio video!

If you are going to attack a fellow ATS member over errors in the English language, it would be wise to make absolutely sure that your reprimand is perfectly executed... or you risk being the quintessential fool, not the OP.

Today I had an English AV (audio video) exam. Living in Europe and in my final year of high school

I'll do my best to fix all the grammar and spelling in my original post (as some of you have guessed, I am from Holland).

Sfen Senterra, your post was interesting and well written, especially when one considers that you are not a native speaker (first language), last year of high school and still in the process of learning English.

The massive influx of trolls and other people who seem to have an agenda to purposefully intimidate ATS members from posting or starting threads, is disconcerting and should be looked into.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Did it really mention aliens or just unidentified flying objects ?

But at least it sounds like fun, I had to talk about summer camps and learning to swim at my exam.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by iscorpio]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Today I had an English AV (audio video) exam. Living in Europe and in my final year of high school I expected the exam to be a breeze, witch it was.

The OP never said he was from the UK, he said Europe. They do teach English in European High Schools, just like we were taught French or German. I bet his English is a damn sight better than your French. Also, judging by your grammar, you shouldn't be pointing fingers. You are supposed to put spaces after punctuation marks.

Having said that, if he is British, I wouldn't be surprised. I work in a college and some of the kids' literacy skills are pathetic. I read a statement for a disciplinary panel I was on yesterday that I swear was written by Vicky Pollard (Little Britain).

Back on topic:

I was never taught anything about UFO's or aliens in high school, although I do recall discussing the possibility of interstellar space travel in College in one of my A Level Physics classes, which somehow went off on a tangent and turned into a discussion about UFOs and aliens, although it wasn't actually part of the curriculum (it was really easy to distract that lecturer from the lesson plan).

[edit on 15-1-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Today I had an English AV (audio video) exam. Living in Europe and in my final year of high school I expected the exam to be a breeze, witch it was.

Don't be a tool!

If you want to assume the role of english teacher in this thread then perhaps you should take a look at what you just posted first. There should be a space between (I presume)at, language?Expect, "which".Is, U.K.really, bad?I, and "bovvered",like.
Then after today, you go onto the next line to continue your sentence. Oh, what's this? Another mistake? On your second last line you forgot your spaces again - English!!!!!!maybe

See, I can play this petty game as well. Try reading what you type before judging other posts in future, ok smartguy?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

Interesting.
I don't if I should believe you or not

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join