It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an exam today....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Im gonna go out on a limb and say i think 'Sfen Senterra' i not from england. I'm basing this of my experiences learning a foreign language in school (french), where audio/video tests were part of the cirriculum. And judging by his post i'd say he has a pretty damn good chance of breezing through his test.

Cant wait for more info on the vid!

(edit for typo lol )

[edit on 13-1-2010 by HanoverFat]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by Sfen Senterra

Today I had an English AV (audio video) exam. Living in Europe and in my final year of high school I expected the exam to be a breeze, witch it was.

How can you get to your fourth year (I presume)at secondary school and have such a bad grasp of the English language?Expect to fail your exam.''witch it was''
I think the word that you were looking for was ''which''.Is the education in the U.K.really this bad?I suppose that he's not ''bovvered'',like so many kids today,
used to writing text messages and blogs-shocking the fact that he thinks he's great at English!!!!!!maybe if they gave them proper exams instead of audio video!

huh cant (missing ') you find something else to pick on. its just daft, its just like the flames in youtube over some little misspelling or grammer mistake. why cant people just study the content and not bone pick the words. What one misspelling and the whole post is garbage?? (additional ?) when was this site a spelling test anyhow. people don't want to post if they think they will get flamed at the slightest little error.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Today I had an English AV (audio video) exam. Living in Europe and in my final year of high school I expected the exam to be a breeze, witch it was.

How can you get to your fourth year (I presume)at secondary school and have such a bad grasp of the English language?Expect to fail your exam.''witch it was''
I think the word that you were looking for was ''which''.Is the education in the U.K.really this bad?I suppose that he's not ''bovvered'',like so many kids today,
used to writing text messages and blogs-shocking the fact that he thinks he's great at English!!!!!!maybe if they gave them proper exams instead of audio video!

Oh I have to be mean again. When you end a sentence you use. (space) and then start another sentence. That's a thing we all know not from language but from grammar rules. You don't seem to know the most important rules of them all. I learned this when I started to learn how to write.

Sorry if I went a little off topic but ATS these days is filled with trolls.
Aren't we supposed to debate about ufos etc... and not grammar? this is a conspiracy site not an english dictionary online.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Danna]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeg2222
huh cant (missing ') you find something else to pick on. its just daft, its just like the flames in youtube over some little misspelling or grammer mistake. why cant people just study the content and not bone pick the words. What one misspelling and the whole post is garbage?? (additional ?) when was this site a spelling test anyhow. people don't want to post if they think they will get flamed at the slightest little error.

I don't think misspellings are worthy of flames, but the blunt truth is that people who can't spell come across as less intelligent in writing than those who can. It's all a reader has to judge you on. There's an immediate bias against the validity of your "content" whether you like it or not. Also, posts that are misspelled throughout are just harder to read. I don't know why you think I'd want to "study" your content if you don't know how to spell the words in it.

Sorry off-topic.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That's a pretty exciting topic, lucky you!

As for me, the most surprising question from an exam I can recall is one about a Simpsons episode. I think it was the one where Homer makes Bart donate blood to Mr. Burns after he has an accident. Question was about the end conversation Homer had with his family. You had to interpret whose reasoning was flawed or something like that.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The question is "Why?" would they introduce this to students. Public schools are where the minds of our children are molded. With the distractions of technology, and the time both parents lose with their children due to careers, schools get to mold the minds more than the parents these days.

Its just like evolution being taught in school. It has been proven to be false by science for over 50 years, but its still being taught. They get to push their agenda on the children and it is a form of brainwashing. One, because they mix in poison with the facts and its almost impossible for children to decipher at an early age which is truth, let alone question what teachers are telling them.

So if UFOs are being discussed in school, I wouldnt put it past them its for the reason of getting their propaganda in the minds and teaching them how to think about the subject before the truth can be taught. Because most parents don't realize what is being taught in the schools.

Or my hope is that teachers realize that our government has been lying about UFOs since the beginning and the teachers are actually having true, factual discussions about them.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by skip_brilliantine

I don't think misspellings are worthy of flames, but the blunt truth is that people who can't spell come across as less intelligent in writing than those who can. It's all a reader has to judge you on.

Maybe that's the case for you and the original guy who commented on the spelling.
Try being a little more open-minded.

Off topic

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
my eldest daughter who is 5 had her nativety play recently

instead of being the standard fair it was about aliens, like all about them

at first i thought this was was so they didn't offend any of the other ethnicities, even though there are only 2 or 3 kids out of the whole 3 or 4 classes that could get offended

but the next day i kept wondering if there was more to it

great post OP

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Do aliens\ufo appear only to a level students????? no i think is answer.
people who complain about spelling are same as well a snob simple .

LAST PEOPLE IF YOU AINT GOOD AT ENGLISH DONT POST YOUR EXPERIENCE .BECAUSE YOU WILL UPSET THE SNOB.

OR SNOBS GO SHAKE YOUR STICKS AT FROGS.
LEAVE THE GUY ALONE AND OTHERS WHO ARE COMMON WE ARE SICKOF YOU OR WELL I AM
i get the jist that is what matters to me....,,,,,//// and spelling an gramierrrr dont mean what was written aint true..

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Just before the end of the intro the narrator announced: ''They are real''. Scenes of Hitler started showing up. The narrator started talking about that the Germans where studying alternative means of flight since the late 20's and had a couple of operational crafts in the early 30's. Lots blueprints and photo's where shown. Even a Nazi witness from the day Hitler demonstrated one of his crafts to Mussolini made an appearance. Of course all the usual stories came by like Werner von Braun and Project Paper Clip to Boyd Bushman.

Italy would have liked the free energy ideal of no oil based and no
carbon based fuel for their New World Order but nothing happened
for them. Germany was hot on the trail and had to be removed as
a threat to the oil companies.

Who would have thought that such a controversial subject would be handled at school!??

They didn't tell the whole truth but why so controversial.
They didn't say Alien but didn't say Tesla either.
Perhaps there is a movement in Europe or Germany to claim the UFO
and other technologies they were developing under von Braun.
Von Braun is thought to haul off the locked up Tesla material and labs
to finish off work on the saucers in New Mexico.

Please stop writing nonsense about the war, USA oil compagnies help Germany during almost all the war and furthermore Ford and others richmen had funded Hitler. If Germany wanted to build their own world order that USA didn t want why they accepted support in the first time?

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Ray Amuro]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashar
LEAVE THE GUY ALONE AND OTHERS WHO ARE COMMON WE ARE SICKOF YOU OR WELL I AM
i get the jist that is what matters to me....,,,,,//// and spelling an gramierrrr dont mean what was written aint true..

ain't dat da truth?

back to topic: This is just the beginning of exposing the masses to the alien phenomenon as real and not plasma votexing swamp gas that reflects off cessna windows.

Next phase I hope is how to defend your family and property from grey clone type aliens with mutilation fetish.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, since it's no longer becoming just science fiction, it's only reasonable to teach it in schools.

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
one day they will announce star trek is real.

next thing is we have to learn to speak Klingon.

Sarcasm off.

End of transmission.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
So it's not just my 17 year old sons whacked out astronomy teacher! She's been talking about worm holes, flux capacitors (too much Back To the Future), time travel, etc. Things that have the entire class thinking she's a whackadoodle but apparently this is becoming the norm.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
we dont have nothing about ufo and alien talk. atleast not yet..

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
So it's not just my 17 year old sons whacked out astronomy teacher! She's been talking about worm holes, flux capacitors (too much Back To the Future), time travel, etc. Things that have the entire class thinking she's a whackadoodle but apparently this is becoming the norm.

...well, yeah, it's called Science. Schools are required to teach it.

Incase you didn't know

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So..... this was an exam for you right? and you don't remember the name of the "Army Guy" or the " Writer"? Guess you failed the exam huh?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Maybe this will help you out..
The first UFO organization you reference was not Started by the CIA.. I believe you are refering to Towsends Browns org.
National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena
And the CIA portion of it referes to this:
>>The organization's activities drew the attention of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), several high-level officers of which joined the group.>NICAP was founded on October 24, 1956, by physicist Thomas Townsend Brown. The board of governors included several prominent men, including Donald Keyhoe, Maj USMC (Ret.), and former chief of the Navy’s guided missile program RADM Delmer S. Fahrney USN (Ret.)
Another prominent figure joined NICAP’s board of governors: Keyhoe's Naval Academy classmate VADM Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter, USN (Ret.) He had been Director of Central Intelligence and first head of the Central Intelligence Agency. Another important name on the letterhead was that of Gen. Albert Coady Wedemeyer USA (Ret.

THere was also LIFE
Life article on UFOs (1952)
that you can find here:
www.daviddarling.info...

Hope this helps!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Word problems, I think it was a typo.
I get them all the time.
I had put out a Y instead of a T today and see they are side by side
on the keyboard.
A key can be far apart or just type 'the' instead of 'that' for dome reason.
Or the thought of witch instead of which came out if the id.
ED: Concerning UFOs and TT Brown above who have a charge centric
levitation evaluation effect is perhaps the official category of electric
levitation even though the device might be the Tesla way of levitation.
But of course the full fledged Tesla mechanism is the UFO that has
never been duplicated.
I have heard of levitating or seen some youtube experiments that are
called TT Brown soured but may be the Tesla way. So even if you might
discover the Tesla you would be accused of copying TT Brown.
Yeah, no way out.

[edit on 1/13/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sfen Senterra

Originally posted by LordBucket

I can not recall any facts on this matter
so if some can help me out, please.

Go to the teacher and explain that you found his class very insightful and would like to know more. Ask for the name of the video, explain that you'd like to have a copy of it and ask for his help.

Then, post the name of the video here, and if we're not able to find a copy already online, I'm sure someone here on ATS will be willing to help you get it online.

Good idea!
I'll do my best to track her down tomorrow and ask her for a copy, or at least the name of the dvd.

With any luck I'll have some new info up tomorrow!!

I think this is one of the UFO shows that they show on Discovery or History channel. I remember one going into detail about the Nazi interest in making a flying disc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join