It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are New FSC Cigarettes part of the extermination program...?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thank you so much for the reply!

I am very glad I switched to my mini-cigars. All natural tobacco and wrappers. The BIG difference (to me) is that I can go without a smoke for hours and not really miss it. As opposed to when I smoked Ciggies - I HAD to have a smoke on a regular basis or I thought I would go crazy.

So (again for me) it is NOT the tobacco that causes the addiction but the chemicals added to the cigs.

Oh - my little mini's have a "built-in" fail safe - they DO go out if you leave them for a bit - just the way a cigar does.....

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I too started with roll your own a few years ago after smoking Camel Lights for years and years. There is a noticeable difference, better. They last longer, smoother, don't smoke as much. When I occasionally smoke a pack Camel's, I wake the next day wheezing and hacking up. Almost everyone in my family has smoked and lived well into their 80's or 90's. We're all gonna die from something. Not so many chemicals in the old day's.

Edit to add: they were half as cheap as popular brands till the doubled the price about a year ago. Dirty b*****rds.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Please do keep us posted on how that works out. I would love to grow my own in my backyard, but i dont know it it will work out. (Is it efficient)

MessoNTheFED!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
S + F for you. I usually get my smokes over seas but I spent a long time smoking these newer smokes here in NY. I very much noticed I was dealing with more health issues than usual. It is like new little side effects popped up. The truth is, I had no idea they changed the cigarettes well into the first year so I had no clue that it might be new chemicals. I agree cigarettes are poisonous but they know people that smoke, do so because they are addicted and not out of undying devotion to a product or brand. Adding even more poison to something that they know people cannot just simply chose to quite in most cases seems a bit nefarious to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Will do!

My biggest concern right now is that I will have to build a fenced enclosure around the crop. We have a lot of deer here, and once deer get the taste for tobacco, they are more hooked than humans and will fight tooth and nail to get at the stuff.

I expect a lot of those deer attacks we hear about from time to time are because the hunter had some Marlboros in his pocket.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by Aggie Man

OMG can you poat a link? PLEASE!!!!!!

MessOnTheFED!

Me too, please!

I've also noticed the 'effects' of smoking a lot more since my brand/state switched to the FSC. I'm having sore throats, a LOT of hacking, a lot of fleghm coming up, and strange aches and pains that I've never really suffered before. I'm relatively healthy and never had these sort of problems before the switch. I also agree that the taste is really, really bad. Also, the flying, hot ash has been a huge problem while smoking in the car. Messy, burns, and hot embers floating towards my face in more than a few occasions. As someone said earlier, the enjoyment that I get from smoking is really going away due primarily, in my opinion, to this new paper.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

OMG can you poat a link? PLEASE!!!!!!

MessOnTheFED!

Me too, please!

Sent you a U2U

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

Those electric cigarettes are apparently great. My brothers wife said her friend has had one for like 18 months, she smoked like 20 cigs a day before that; she said that the steam/electric cigarette is AMAZING and you can actually feel the steam hitting the back of your throat, she said its like inhaling a normal smoke.

Redneck, growing my own tobacco is what I have always wanted to do! You have your head screwed on

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
reply to post by angelx666

Those electric cigarettes are apparently great. My brothers wife said her friend has had one for like 18 months, she smoked like 20 cigs a day before that; she said that the steam/electric cigarette is AMAZING and you can actually feel the steam hitting the back of your throat, she said its like inhaling a normal smoke.

Redneck, growing my own tobacco is what I have always wanted to do! You have your head screwed on

Over this past weekend, I tried an E-cigarette owned by a friend. It is not the same as a regular cig. You know that pleasurable feeling you get when you take a drag? well, it's missing from the e-cig. It does give the nicotine boost though...and comes in a variety of flavors. It's a bit harsh the first few times and it made me cough like I was smoking for the first time...BUT, with all that being said, I believe I will be picking up one for me and one for my wife...so that our home no longer smells of cigs....and so I can smoke in restaurants that don't allow "traditional" smoking.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have been reading up on tobacco ... are you guys aware they treat this stuff with all kinds of chemicals to make it burn better. they even put gun powder granuals/chips ... and now a flame retardant to keep it from burning...? something is not right here... spi'dy senses are pinging on this FSC smokes.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
A fire safe cigarette makes about as much sense to me as a water-proof bathing suit!

I checked my pack of American Spirit's,and sure enough,there was the "FSC"! Alond with the warning:"No additives in out tobacco does NOT mean a safer cigarette".(Should have been followed with *wink*!)

I quit for a month after they first raised those exorbitant taxes,then gave in again.

On a personal note,the night before I saw this thread,I prayed that God would give me renewed encouragement to stop again(more for spiritual reasons than health concerns),and what was the first thread that caught my eye the following morning? This one!

Great timing! Thanks for alerting us all!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

me too please - we have 4 smokers in the household.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
OK, I went to the Indian Reservation to get me some cheap smokes Thursday. They were the first non FSCs that I had in a while now. I noticed a HUGE difference in the taste. I am sure much of that is because we were just discussing this topic and it was subliminal but WOW was the taste different and BETTER; oh so so so much better. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I made a thread about FSC cigs a while back.

I'll add the link later, maybe not...its no big deal..

I think the FSC thing, is not as safe as the non-FSC type!

Lay a FSC cig down or hold it for 15-25 seconds and then puff on it...the tobacco continues to burn inside the paper and when it burns through, its further back on the cig leaving a huge piece of paper/tobacco that will fall off, and still has material/fuel left to burn, not just ash!

I had many ppl tell me the same story, without telling them mine 1st
So it was not just a placed thought to look for, it was meant to be more for the scientific type results.

IMHO FSC is a larger fire hazard than the non-FSC.....but, how can I prove or make a difference? I CAN'T...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So I'm 53 now and smoke, and feel healthy.
Can some of you anti smoking freaks tell me how old I would be now and how I would feel if I didn't smoke ?
Thought not.
Tell you what though, I'll be dead in the next 50 years, and so will most of you.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukmadmax
So I'm 53 now and smoke, and feel healthy.
Can some of you anti smoking freaks tell me how old I would be now and how I would feel if I didn't smoke ?
Thought not.
Tell you what though, I'll be dead in the next 50 years, and so will most of you.

Yeah, totally. Smoking is good for you. The MHA is so full of crap. Personally, I still smoke simply because of all the wonderful and obvious health improvements. It has nothing to do with the poisonous chemicals planted in the burning smoke I pull into my lungs. Well said.

Screw all them non-smoking panty-wastes. I mean if they slow down and avoid stairs so we can catch them.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
OK, I went to the Indian Reservation to get me some cheap smokes Thursday. They were the first non FSCs that I had in a while now. I noticed a HUGE difference in the taste. I am sure much of that is because we were just discussing this topic and it was subliminal but WOW was the taste different and BETTER; oh so so so much better. Just saying.

No, it's not your mind working on you one bit. I live in Ohio, but I was doing a lot of work in NY and PA. Over the summer, those two states were FSC, but Ohio wasn't yet. I was buying packs in all three states before I was even aware of the FSC. Besides the higher prices in NY and PA, I noticed a HUGE taste difference. At first I thought that I was just getting stale packs. Then I noticed that PA and NY were FSC states and immediately made the connection regarding taste. In fact, just to test my theory, I bought an Ohio carton for a co-worker in NY. I never told him anything about FSC vs non-FSC. He RAVED to me about how much better his brand tasted out of the batch that I bought. He made a joke about how it must've been due to the $30 savings on that carton that made it taste so much better. It was only after OH changed to the FSC and I smoked those exclusively for about a month that I noticed the adverse effects.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nematode
With this being the issue has anyone considered the smokeless cigarette also known as the Electronic Cigarette?

I do not smoke myself, so I am curious as to a real smoker's opinion on using this new technology to get their nicotine fix.

Depends on the brand of these you get. They work great though in my experience (friend got one, don't have my own so I still smoke cigs). They taste...alright. The chocolate flavor is actually awesome, and god damn you get a huge nicotine rush off of them. Almost like a hookah.

I prefer American Spirits these days, they may be expensive but after reading this I'll gladly stick by them.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I prefer American Spirits these days, they may be expensive but after reading this I'll gladly stick by them.

Wouldn't the FSC paper negate the whole marketing angle of the American Spirit brand and appeal?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join