It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are New FSC Cigarettes part of the extermination program...?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think they are.... to see if your cigarettes are the new FSC ones...
look at the bar code and if you see FSC on the TOP... then consider
yourself a guineepig.

www.google.com...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
FSC ciggarets are everywhere now. I believe it manditory in most states now. And they really do suck a$$. I might quit just because of the hassle of having to relight my smoke every 30 seconds. Next we will be smoking ciggs like the ones on the movie "TheFifth Element". And they will cost 10$ a pack too boot. WTF!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Its not extermination if you have a choice. They pretty much tell you if you smoke you will live a shorter, unhealthy life and people still choose to smoke and fight for the right to smoke. If you are a smoker you can expect to see the side affects of consuming poison.

There is no safe cigarette...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
well, I got to agree with your common sense, but then again every drug dealer needs a drug pusher... and cigarettes are no different... those damn things are so addictive, I can imagine why they are still legal.
now, I want just one person to show me where Marijuana has killed
anybody -- I looked real hard and all I found was traffic accidents and death by police. but nothing medically addictive, but psycho addictive yes.
but that is illegal. ??? strange, and both are natural plants, pot 100% natural and now we have flame retardant in our cigarettes and its good for you... yea right~!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
While i DO agree that there is no safe cigarette, I have noticed a significant change since the brand I smoke started with the FSC. I have had constant ear problems as well as gagging that were not a problem before. I have tried to cut back for many reasons. Any smoker knows how difficult it can be to quit.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
With this being the issue has anyone considered the smokeless cigarette also known as the Electronic Cigarette?

I do not smoke myself, so I am curious as to a real smoker's opinion on using this new technology to get their nicotine fix.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nematode
With this being the issue has anyone considered the smokeless cigarette also known as the Electronic Cigarette?

I do not smoke myself, so I am curious as to a real smoker's opinion on using this new technology to get their nicotine fix.

My husband bought one, swore it would help him give up..... it didn't and not onnly did it look daft but he said it tasted fould too.

I guess it's the same as non alcoholic wine or beer... it just tatses...wrong?

As for the 'marijuana doesn't kill anyone' well it isn't stated as such on the death certificate.. lung cancer, mouth cancer, heart disease etc etc...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by yzzyUK]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nematode

Every so many years they come out with these. The last one i tryed was the eclipse. A smokeless cigarette. All i can say is BOOOO!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

As for the 'marijuana doesn't kill anyone' well it isn't stated as such on the death certificate.. lung cancer, mouth cancer, heart disease etc etc...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by yzzyUK]

Only if you smoke it perhaps, no such side effects if you vapourize it.

Thanks for the thread OP. I've never heard of these ciggies before, hopefully it doesn't make it's way to the UK.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
For discussions sake, the new FSC smokes, i think have a different purpose.

Sure the reason they state is that they put themselves out after it becomes Idle for a while to prevent brush fires and house fires.

The AboveTopSecret version would be that it is to make sure the cigarette can not be used as a time delayed fuse. I'm sure many people have seen that movie where a guy uses a cigarette and a book of matches to create a 3 minute fuse.

I think the FSC cigarettes are a form of fighting terrorism.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have recently quit...again

but it has been now almost 2 weeks...eff em

as far as FSC..I smoked Camel Turkish Golds...one of the last here in OK that went to the FSC...and immediately started noticing issues

I did not have the issue of having to relight, but the flavor, so the enjoyability changed

I hack up # alot now

I have more muscle aches and pains than prior to the change

and they are 5 1/2ish dollars now...eff em

Now the Marijuana aspect...I am now, and have been a partaker for over 18 years...not condoning, just giving insight

aside from the occasional question of quality, I have not really noticed any negative reactions to usage

except for the occasional jackass you must deal with...but I have noticed the same frustrations whether I am purchasing a cheeseburger, a tank of gas, or a bag of weed...so be it

and it is illegal primarily because of the papermill industry...and the kickbacks the law makers got from the papermill industry for removing the competition

and that is why cigarettes are legal...because the government makes money off of every single pack processed and sold...and there is not really any competition...except Marijuana

Thanks be to Tetragrammaton

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I order my cigs from overseas. $20 a carton (including shipping) and they are not FSC.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

OMG can you poat a link? PLEASE!!!!!!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

OMG can you poat a link? PLEASE!!!!!!

MessOnTheFED!

I sent a U2U with the link.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
No need for ethylene vinyl acetate to be added to the paper to the cigarettes. We have been doing great with the normal Salt Peter.

They say its just to extinguish fires, well...Ive never lit a fire with a cigarette before and those who fall asleep with cigarette in their hand; well, it was the stupidity that killed them - not the cigarette.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Dumb question - what is FSC?

I don't smoke cig's but small cigars (made in The Netherlands) so I guess I am out of the loop?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mappam

FSC= Fire Safe Cigarette..

You will see FSC on the UPC code of the pack or carton if they are the new fire safe mandated version...

here's a graphic showing how the FSC cig works:

[edit on 1/13/2010 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nematode

i got this and its sux, you got even bigger headache in the morning,

i cant force my self to stop smoking as i eat then like a pig then and i dont wanna get fat, its even more scarey

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hi, can you sendme the link too?

I've been paying 32.00 a carton for generic cigs.

thanks, Pat

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have been rolling my own smokes for well over a year now. I noticed a change after only a couple of weeks: smoking less, enjoying the smokes more, and feeling better.

The health problems IMO are not from the tobacco, but from the chemicals used to speed up the curing process. Those chemicals are absorbed into the dried leaves and remain there until burned. Now, the advent of FSC's introduces even more chemicals into the paper! Yeah, way to go. Let's put more poisons into something we want people to think is poison to prove our point.

The next step for me is to grow and cure my own tobacco this year. Apparently, enough tobacco to sustain me for a year can be grown in one single row of my garden and the curing process is simple as long as time is not an issue.

My price is about $20 a carton now, and will drop to under $3 a carton if I grow and cure my own (just the cost of empty tubes).

TheRedneck

[edit on 1/13/2010 by TheRedneck]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join