It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Something" is definitely up...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

You hit the nail on the head!! I sometimes feel like I don't EVER want to fall asleep again. When I do, I toss and turn and wake up and do more research, or meditate again. I can't seem to stop. Describing it as a sense of urgency, well.. I couldn't have said it better. And judging from the reaction of many people, I'm sure we're all on the same page.

Thank God I'm almost 30 instead of a teenager, or someone would just say it's "teenage angst"

Noobastronomer,
You are far from alone.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I had a realisation a while ago, i don't know why or how it came about it just happened.

I was watching snooker at the time and watching the clouds drift by then i noticed that the 2 snooker players just seemed to be playing a "part". By that i mean as if they were acting out a part, say in a film for example.

I began to look at people and realise what part they were playing, some played doctors, some lawyers, some played at road sweeps, some even played at being homeless.

I asked myself "What "part" have i been playing for the last 10 years?" I then realised that i'd been playing the wrong "part" the whole time.

Now i play the "part" i want to play. It's changed my life.

I think more people are beginning to play the "part" they really want to play and that isnt the mundane 9-5 office job that they had been playing.

Maybe what i said doesn't make sense?

Just ask yourself "What part am i playing?"

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Holist1c

The wonderful thing about what you're saying, is that it is the very same thing I have been exploring. That it's all an illusion of sorts. And we can choose our "paths" or "parts" as you put it.

I am being taught this over and over and over again. It's almost a daily thing now. People are saying the same thing. Even in my dreams people repeat it. This is an illusion.

The odd thing is, I put up my signature before all this started happening. Everything is coming together.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Excuse me, something has always been up. Just more people are beginning to wake.

As more and more people realize that religion isn't working and their gov't isn't helping, they are coming to the conclusion that they have to save themselves.

As we unite and wake up as a planet, you'll feel more "connected" with your brothers and sisters. It's just a matter of time now.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

I think you're right.

It's just a matter of time now.

That actually gave me chills. ha ha It had the element of drama in it, and truth. I completely agree with you. The funny thing is, however vague your statement is about it being a matter of time, it also says, "Not much time". In which, I still agree.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Yes, after i had that realisation of sorts, i had quite a few profound dreams, also more synchronistic events have been happening.

More has fallen into place for me in the first few weeks of 2010 than in the last 10-15 yrs of my life.

I don't know what has changed but i feel like a weight has lifted from my shoulders, can't explain why. I feel much more peaceful inside.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Holist1c

Just a thought, but as you said, more people are beginning to join together. Wake up. And, possibly carry the burden.

If you say you feel a weight has been lifted from your shoulders, then quite possibly it could be that you feel, or sense, that people are beginning to join with you. And carry this burden together.

If you have been aware for 10-15 years then you have felt quite alone. Now you're seeing people wake up and stand beside you. I know I would certainly feel much better in that situation.

I haven't been awake to this for even 10% of the time you have, but I can already sense the dramatic change that is taking place. It's starting to feel like we're picking up momentum towards something. It's happening fast these days.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
Excuse me, something has always been up. Just more people are beginning to wake.

As more and more people realize that religion isn't working and their gov't isn't helping, they are coming to the conclusion that they have to save themselves.

As we unite and wake up as a planet, you'll feel more "connected" with your brothers and sisters. It's just a matter of time now.

I agree with you except that people realize religion isn't working. Many years ago I shunned my original religion, I thought it was utter BS. Now, after research and meditation I have found my way back and it feels great. I think peoples religions will really start to show there true colors in the coming months.

I also agree that a weight has been lifted from my shoulders, I don't feel alone in my assumptions any longer and I am happy to be on the path that I have wanted to be on since I was born.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

This is not an insult in any way. I completely respect your choice to be part of a religion. So please do not be insulted, or take what I say as anything but part of an intelligent discussion. With that said,

I agree with you except that people realize religion isn't working. Many years ago I shunned my original religion, I thought it was utter BS. Now, after research and meditation I have found my way back and it feels great. I think peoples religions will really start to show there true colors in the coming months.

I completely disagree. I think religion is a huge part of the problem in this world. Why? Because it causes strong divided lines. People fight about which religion is right, and which is wrong. No one will concede to the other. Wars are fought and lives lost due to religious differences. I use to be an evangelist. I was passionate for my beliefs.

I am no longer religious. I seek only to share love, peace, compassion and knowledge. I am no different than you. Or anyone else. And I sense that this is the type of mental shift people are coming to.

In the 90's there was a strong Jesus movement. I remember the most unexpected people were showing up at church. Maybe it was due to Y2K. Dunno. Anyway, now I find it much more difficult to find Christians and I'm in the Bible belt. People seem to be finding out that religion just isn't for them.

Like I said, I completely respect your choice. I just don't think that religion will see a large growth due to this "event". Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
reply to post by kyle43

This is not an insult in any way. I completely respect your choice to be part of a religion. So please do not be insulted, or take what I say as anything but part of an intelligent discussion. With that said,

I completely disagree. I think religion is a huge part of the problem in this world. Why? Because it causes strong divided lines. People fight about which religion is right, and which is wrong. No one will concede to the other. Wars are fought and lives lost due to religious differences. I use to be an evangelist. I was passionate for my beliefs.

I am no longer religious. I seek only to share love, peace, compassion and knowledge. I am no different than you. Or anyone else. And I sense that this is the type of mental shift people are coming to.

In the 90's there was a strong Jesus movement. I remember the most unexpected people were showing up at church. Maybe it was due to Y2K. Dunno. Anyway, now I find it much more difficult to find Christians and I'm in the Bible belt. People seem to be finding out that religion just isn't for them.

Like I said, I completely respect your choice. I just don't think that religion will see a large growth due to this "event". Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

I take no offense to your response, it is welcomed! And let me say I have no hard feelings to anyone wishing to disagree with anything I say, like you I just want only to share love, peace, compassion and knowledge, and I have no intentions of pushing my personal beliefs on to those who do not wish to hear.

I completely agree that religion causes rifts between peoples of the world. However, it is not the religion itself that does it, it is the mind of the practitioner ! Religion teaches spirituality and a way to find peace, I think they all come from a single belief and that is of a higher power. And you must remember, many of the fighting you see if from complete religious extremists, who in many cases go against what there religion teaches them. You also NEVER see or hear of the people who are devoted to there religion accept and respect other religions simply because it is not news worthy. Anyone who bickers over what the right religion is is missing the point I think. The reason I am religious is because I accept that I NEED a teacher to show me the way, I know the answer is inside but there is only so much one can learn on their own. I think people need to find their own path to the One True Power, whether it be from religious script or meditation or whatever! Religion is a great tool, that can be used to reach heights never imagined but like many other great tools, can be used to cause pain and suffering as well. I think religion is an adjective describing spirituality and there have been great teachers throughout the world and time that have showed this path. There will never be an official "religion" but the path to the higher powers of spirituality is universal. Religion is a language if you will, with many different languages and dialects but the "word" is all the same

Peace!

[edit on 21-1-2010 by kyle43]

[edit on 21-1-2010 by kyle43]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

I like what you're saying. And I actually understand it. It may just be a matter of semantics when you get right down to it. We always said, "I'm not religious, I'm spiritual" in church. Because as we also said, "Religion gets in the boat with a knife. It cleans the fish before it catches them" (which means, it tries to perfect people before it even allows them in, hence the fighting)

I didn't ask you what religion you are. If you're open to love and so forth, I certainly have no issues with whatever path you're on. My distaste comes with no prejudice. I dislike all religions if they choose to raise themselves over another human beings path in life. "We're right, you're wrong" mentalities are old news. It's arrogant, egotistical, hypocritical, and just straight wrong.

So, if by saying you think the ever approaching "event" will be spiritually involved, I agree.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holist1c

Yes, after i had that realisation of sorts, i had quite a few profound dreams, also more synchronistic events have been happening.

More has fallen into place for me in the first few weeks of 2010 than in the last 10-15 yrs of my life.

I don't know what has changed but i feel like a weight has lifted from my shoulders, can't explain why. I feel much more peaceful inside.

Peace

i feel the same way basically, but i have been kicked when i am down for too long and am not gonna take it anymore. before this "awakening" i would hold my tongue and not say anything when people were screwing up. now i call people out on every little thing, point out their stupidity and ignorance and argue much more than i used to - especially when i KNOW i am right about something.

i also find that people are less willing to engage in discussions with me when asked something. used to be that i would give up on asking, but not anymore. the conversation usually ends with "get the hell out of my house!!!" the next time i see them, they're all "hey how's it going man?"

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Right this is exactly what I am saying, the "event" will favor no one! In the end I think the only ones that make it through successfully are the ones that have seen past the illusion and that have had *hope* for a change. This is why I think the true colors of religion will show , but only to those who wish to accept it. You hit the nail on the head by saying "If your are open to love and so forth I have no issues with the path your on". This should be a core belief in people! This is what religion preaches! The ones who show prejudice are the ones who seek power that they do not deserve. People can live together with different views of the spiritual path to take in the mortal life as long as they can realize and accept that there is a time that all the paths merge together. Who knows, maybe the certain rituals and ceremonies practiced by religions around the world may offer different abilities in the after life depending on what you practice. But these abilities will only be obtained by those who choose to accept the true meaning of religion and spirituality , which is PEACE AND LOVE!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

I completely agree. I think our differences will fall to the side and our common hunger to grow will be what joins us. We will set aside petty dividing lines. (even if they do seem great to us now)

All this time we sought out the miracle answer to this dilemma, when in the end, it has little to do with our own abilities. It's taking place all on it's own.

Once more, I stand amazed.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I think the large issue is that people take religion too seriously. Religion is meant to guide people who need it. There is no "right" religion, they all are essentially the same with morals, but some practice more than others.

I don't actively practice my religion (unless my parents force me since im a teen). I have a very good sense of telling good from evil and the lessons seem redundant to me. But, to some people it really helps them.

What i DONT have any tolerance for is people who shun other people because of race or religion. It infuriates me how some people are like "Stay away from her, she's jewish." or "you must marry a catholic man". What should religion have to do with WHO a person is?

Also, i'm probably opening up Pandora's box by saying this, but i think racism is double-sided. There are white people that are racist, yes, but a lot less than in the past. But, i think a lot of african americans are very insecure about racism, which only adds flames to the fire. I asked a question (no hurt intended) on a forum asking why AA people play the race card and cited a few times i've heard it. Well, i got blasted! People were like "well, why are YOU playing the race card, you're the problem! If you white people didn't play the race card, we wouldn't have as many issues!" I responded that i was not trying to play the race card, i was simply asking why IT IS played. I got blasted again. This simply confirms my point. Racism is double sided. White people try to blame african americans, african americans try to blame white people. BOTH are the issue. And racism won't stop until this is realized...

My guess with this "event" that it'll turn religion into more of a personal and spiritual matter. The bible will become more loosely interpreted and there will be much more tolerance as people realize there is no "right" religion. I remember reading from an NDE that an archangel said the best religion is whatever religion brings you closer to God.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
lets not foget how the renaissance, occured. I think a creative culture is arrising, we have allot of questions deep burdening questions with no answers that we keep asking. I think as a whole of a sociologic mind frame their is some significant change, their are so many idea's being brought out on platforms never seen in history before, asking the defying questions. So many perplexed people defining their ways only to question one another, sooner or later with the expression of knowledge these beleifs change, what is around us begin to change as well, for we are the authors or creators of what we see touch and feel, to use our senses with a knowledge definatly changes ones reality. We are but within the womb of what we think we understand and the womb is the what is.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
That is what kept me busy the last few weeks too....Some change is about to happen, some global event. And I am not talking about Obama's change. No, this will be something that will concern the entire planet. If it is something good or bad I can not say but there are many people welcoming it and is not to be stopped.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Allow me to ask a question:

Do you feel peace concerning this "event"? Or do you feel a strong sense of warning? I personally feel peace. I think it's the reason many people are welcoming it.

I can't say how it will effect those who are unwilling to be open, but I know that even those who seem to be hardcore, are changing as well. So who knows.

Either way, I'm excited about whatever it is.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I know with me, that it feels like it might be hectic leading up to the change, but once we get there, its smooth sailing. It feels like once all this is said and done, things will be a lot more peaceful and calmer. The hardest part is leading up to the change.

I think the biggest thing is to remain open-minded

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

My job is being outsourced to "Team India" and you know what - they can have my job, it SUCKS BIG TIME.

My box is packed and ready, all they have to do is tell me to leave.

I would like to move out to the middle of somewhere where it is hot and sunny.

This cold grey 9-5 is not living, it's existing.

And for what, so you can pay taxes that bail out Wall Street.

There's a really good video, Like on the Mesa, very interesting film. Can't find the free full length link, if I find it I'll post.

A lot of people feel "somethings coming" I just wonder what?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join