It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Something" is definitely up...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xRedlinex

I actually did watch it about a week after it came out. It's a great movie with a great message. And I completely agree with your views that they're trying to send the message that we don't need to be so materialistic and need to be more concerned with what we're doing to our planet.

I also think that is a message that a lot of people are beginning to agree with. Aside from the Global Warming stuff. The threat is real. I don't think necessarily that is the only reason behind this intense feeling of expectation everyone is having, but I do think it's along the same lines.

It's time to start paying attention.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Maybe it's time for more folks to wake up.

Back prior to 911, I had this feeling like time was speeding up.

after 911 I was caught up in finding out about wahhabis and all kinds of interesting stuff and the feeling slowly subsided when I realized the war between good and evil was true.

Now my neighbor who is too liberal for my tastes mentioned something about a world gov't that her ex husband had given her. Maybe she's gonna wake up too.

But who knows, you could be on a different track than the one I'm thinking of...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
just thought i would mention this yet again. I dont normaly watch Big Brother. This year the wifes had it on and im honestly not jokin i think theres hidden messages in it. These include the bible behavious and what they believe? The whole atmoshere in the show, its as if its showing us how we should behave. To make it easier to understand just watch previous Big Brothers over the years, it all involved arguing fighting and being decieptful,? this year however in the complete opposite? Seriously watch it though even if you hate big brother you will see what im talking about.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by enca78

To be honest, after all I have read even in the past 2 days, I wouldn't be at all surprised by what they're saying subliminally. Or even directly at that.

I read a thread about kids being taught about life on other planets, extraterrestrial beings, etc. And college exams on the same topic.

To me, all of these things combine to show a very big picture. Something HUGE is just over the horizon. Whether we like it or not, and whether we stop to pay attention or not... something big is about to happen.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We call ourselves the seekers, seekers of truth, of spiritual awakening. I've only been 'seeking' for just over a year now but im getting the feeling we should be called waiters instead!
We aren't the first wave of people to seek the answers of life, and although I do have that feeling of 'something big' just around the corner, its hard to stop slipping into a more depressing outlook of the future

But i suppose thats just something we all have to deal with, we should try to just be happy with he now, at least while we wait

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I know what you're feeling, about three years ago something magical started to happen to me, my life became filled with coincidences, many times everyday and I still can"t explain why.
Recently things have started changing, people I know who are, shall we say, "materialistic" are beginning to act, for a lack of a better word, "weird", no logic to their conversations as if they are all in la la land.
Myself I feel a strange anxiety lately for no reason and I don't watch movies or T.V, it's hard to put to words but, like you say. something is brewing and it feels like it's from higher up, Universal. As for the coincidences, they have increased more recently to the point I don't even react anymore. If I had to give an sypnosis to what's happening, my feelings tells me that our concious is evolving to a new level, at accelerated speed!
Anyway, it's hard to put to words, English not being my first language and all, hope it makes some sense

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
YES!!! Finally! Someone else gets it! I've had these feeling on & off for the past couple of years (more pronounced when I was unemployed and had nothing better to do but sit around and think about things). Some days I can drown it out with the mundane, but others....I wake up, and it's like something is "off" with reality. I can't see it, hear it, touch it or smell it....but I can definitely sense it....almost (and I'm sure there's a better way to describe this) mentally-tangible.

I've often thought of these episodes as some sort of "awakening", like a message is trying to get through to me but I can't quite make it out. Like maybe there's something I'm supposed to be doing and I don't know what it is yet. This sound similar to what you're describing? Thoughts...comments????

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Same thing happening all around my town as well. I punched through into the break through earlier this month after 8 months of self reflection and it is beyond words what this life feels like.

I think people are getting tired of waiting for their tomorrow's which never comes. Very soon people are going to realize that it is the PRESENT SECOND of your life that is the only thing that exists in this world.

We should think of ourselves as riding on a roller coaster that we've never been on before. You enjoy the ride much better when you can't predict the approaching turns. The way most of us live our lives, we keep looking at what we already know will happen instead of letting life guide you every second and all you do is focus on the NOW.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

That is exactly what I'm talking about. Exactly what made me write this thread. (and I'm sure it's what made the other similar threads appear)

Something is going on, and it's the strangest thing I've ever witnessed. To read the posts in this thread and find out just how big this is, blows my mind.

I completely agree with your description. I feel the exact same way. In fact, I think a lot of people would agree with your description.

Hold on people, I think it's not even close to being done though. Life is getting interesting. Finally.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think you are correct. At thirty-seven years old I can see the person I am now and it is night and day compared to only maybe five years ago. Since I started to look at things from a different angle it has been like a big rolling snowball gathering speed and growing exponentially. And I can't put my finger on any one thing that started it rolling. Unfortunately I don't see this in other people around me or those I know at least. Maybe they are keeping it to themselves. Truth is, most people I know just don't have the time with the kids and mortgage. I don't have kids and am lucky enough to have a job that doesn't consume my life. I do think people are starting to catch on to the fact that working that 9-5 as a means to an end isn't bringing the end result desired and it is all a big illusion. We are here for a blip on the radar and then gone to....whatever.......or nothingness. Either way, life is a miserable struggle for most pretty much the entire time I think. There has to be a better way to spend 80 or so years on this planet and we haven't really even been allowed a choice in the matter.

Now whether or not something is on the horizon, and my gut feeling says there is, we as humans seem to be taking the initiative more and more to say, "Hey wait a minute! let's break this B.S. cycle we are in." The old ways are going away to be replaced by...who knows? If there is one or many factions trying to control the populace and resources I only think "they" are making a last ditch effort at it because the sun is about to set on empires and capitalism and greed and hoarding of resources. Sure seems that way to me. I used to be so negative about our future but now I truly see humanity coming back around again to the way things possibly used to be many thousands or even millions of years ago. It has been a long strange and trying trip since we have decided to take the scenic route but we are coming back full circle again. I'm ready.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I've had this too. I'm literally not the same person i was a year ago, or even 6 months ago.

Does anybody else feel that the "pieces are falling into place"? In other words, that the stage is being set for something big. The recent quakes in Haiti and Eureka made me feel this. And didn't Edgar Cayce predict a quake in Eureka? It could just be a coincidence but maybe that was what he was talking about. If i'm not mistaken, he also said human consciousness could change the course of future events. whether making them worse or less deadly

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Despite the awesomeness of The Matrix. This time, we aren't being carried away by a creative movie. This is 100% legit.

I'd have to disagree. We aren't being "carried away", but there is the movie. The thing that made The Matrix so great was that it made people rethink their beliefs and values. You could argue that the same thing is going on now with the movie AVATAR. There are actually a few threads on ATS about this.

------

Does anyone else believe in the 2012 phenomena? Maybe not that the world will end, but that it is at the end of a cycle and that we are changing? I used to be skeptical, but all this change i am seeing in plain site seems to add evidence to this.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by mossme89]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I'd have to disagree. We aren't being "carried away", but there is the movie.

What movie, exactly?
Most of the people I know personally haven't seen any movies that even compare to the Matrix. Or Avatar for that matter. (which by the way, Avatar is awesome, but it didn't make me sit back and question if life is an illusion or anything like the Matrix did)

Anyway, my point is that there is no mass awakening due to any movie that has been released. This is nature pure and simple. Something is awakening within each of us, and it has nothing to do with any movie, music, or any other entertainment related event.

Does anyone else believe in the 2012 phenomena? Maybe not that the world will end, but that it is at the end of a cycle and that we are changing?

Yes, I do believe that is exactly what is happening. I agree with this completely.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

What movie, exactly?
Most of the people I know personally haven't seen any movies that even compare to the Matrix. Or Avatar for that matter. (which by the way, Avatar is awesome, but it didn't make me sit back and question if life is an illusion or anything like the Matrix did)

Anyway, my point is that there is no mass awakening due to any movie that has been released. This is nature pure and simple. Something is awakening within each of us, and it has nothing to do with any movie, music, or any other entertainment related event.

What i mean is that movies like the Matrix and Avatar was that they change how you think or your wants. Avatar didn't change peoples views of life like the matrix, but it IS awakening people to deeper issues. I'm sure you've heard of the "avatar blues". The avatar movie making people want to reacquaint with nature. IMO, thats the first step to enlightment and then awakening.

Forums like THIS are popping up all over the place, filled with people who want to change things.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Ah, ok now I understand what you're saying. I misunderstood. My apologies.

I do agree that when a good movie such as Avatar or Matrix comes out, and people sit and actually grasp the deeper meaning, they do leave the theater questioning their existence to a point. Not everyone. Some people just saw special effects and hardcore action. But for others it is deeper.

I did see the threads on Avatar. Had no idea there were entire forums dedicated to the movie. That is pretty awesome.

I wonder... if people are trying to get in touch with nature again, how much of a growth will Wicca experience? Or other nature based spiritual ideas for that matter.

I would like to see people begin to shun all the harmful demands we put on our resources. There are lots of threads about that too. I feel it's all one big circle really. The way I'm feeling, and others are feeling. I know it does have a lot to do with the fact that our current life has put us in this place. A nasty vicious cycle. I'm tired of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Everyone has these feelings. They are the urgings of a natural being trapped in an artificial world. What I mean isn't some new age stuff about the world being an illusion, just that the society we've created isn't actually real. Money, Religion, power, there's a reason they don't fulfill that void inside, because they aren't real. Only real deep meaningful experience, freedom and adventure and yes even sorrow and anger can really enrich the experience of life.

The world nearly collapsed with the economy and now we are limping along and just aching inside for change. It's because we were never meant to live the same way day after day after day but people got used to it. And every so often something happens to shake things up, an economic collapse or other event that acts as an epiphany in which many people start reflecting on their lives.

We're not meant to be zombies, numb apathetic automatons going through the motions and killing every dream we ever had about what our lives could have been just so we can "get by" or "make a living"... making a living hell is more like it...

The problem is people have the tendency to wait for the next Earth shattering event instead of seeking out satisfaction for themselves. I call it Messiah syndrome. Stop waiting for the Messiah and save yourselves. Stop waiting for some unknown force to transform your life and do it yourself.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

What you're saying resonates within my soul. I know you're right in many aspects. The only thing I kinda disagree with, and not entirely as you don't come right out and say it WON'T happen... but I think nature is taking control now. I feel that for a lot of people, it's happening with or without their asking for it or seeking it.

Things are changing on this planet in mass waves. Pursue it or not. People are acting strange and then find themselves confused and seeking things that are completely foreign to them. I.E - CEO's quitting their jobs to seek a higher awareness. Things that are just completely out of the ordinary.

And like I said, it's happening whether we seek it or not.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
ha.....so im not alone....s&f

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I don't consider myself superstitious but part of me hopes you are right, part of me wishes there were some benevolent energy guiding us toward enlightenment. But that's part of my point, why wait for the energy, take the first steps yourself. Once you awaken the world really opens up. There is great potential in our species if we come together and stop fighting, come to a consensus on how to live our lives and keep this planet healthy.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I don't consider myself superstitious but part of me hopes you are right, part of me wishes there were some benevolent energy guiding us toward enlightenment. But that's part of my point, why wait for the energy, take the first steps yourself. Once you awaken the world really opens up. There is great potential in our species if we come together and stop fighting, come to a consensus on how to live our lives and keep this planet healthy.

Couldn't it be argued that there IS a force guiding us to enlightenment? Not to be all new-agey, but it seems like some force is wanting us to awaken NOW...

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

What you're saying resonates within my soul. I know you're right in many aspects. The only thing I kinda disagree with, and not entirely as you don't come right out and say it WON'T happen... but I think nature is taking control now. I feel that for a lot of people, it's happening with or without their asking for it or seeking it.

Things are changing on this planet in mass waves. Pursue it or not. People are acting strange and then find themselves confused and seeking things that are completely foreign to them. I.E - CEO's quitting their jobs to seek a higher awareness. Things that are just completely out of the ordinary.

And like I said, it's happening whether we seek it or not.

Am i the only one feeling a real sense of urgency? It feels like i have to do everything i want to do NOW, and get all the conflicts over with NOW. Time feels very erratic. I could blink and an afternoon would go by, but an hour can feel like an eternity, more so than usual

Maybe they are feeling this also.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Oh make no mistake about it, I am 110% with you on taking the initial step. I spend a lot of time researching, meditating, and trying to talk to people. I write lots of blogs to get people to open their minds, and so forth. I want to see this planet restored to what it's meant to be. Get rid of the global elitists, put more research into finding cures for disease, and less into military schemes. You get the point.

People are waking up. But I am certainly doing what I can to add to the numbers. I have an unquenchable thirst for whatever this is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join