It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Something" is definitely up...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I have been talking to lots of people who "suddenly" feel something stirring within them. These aren't the typical spiritual seeking people. These are people who are just as caught up in the rat race as everyone else. But suddenly they say, "I feel this deep desire to seek something more in life. Something I can't really see".

I have read many threads on here about this stuff taking place. People feeling a certain way. I think those of us who have been seeking something "deep" for awhile are already aware we stand on the brink of something amazing and life altering. But to hear these words from people who are deeply caught up in the world... that's completely another story.

Even my little brother who has NEVER been spiritual in his life told me this morning that he feels something deep inside him yearning for more. And my spiritual mentor says she is constantly meeting people, or having conversations with people about this same thing.

I agree with the general feeling; something is definitely up. 2010 is starting out to be a very interesting year.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ive been feeling that way since i was 5 or 6. Im 27 now and frankly im tired of waiting. Maybe ol Tyler Durden (Fight Club) was right... We are not beautiful or unique snowflakes?

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I just thought that i would reply to this post because i have been having this conversation with people.
I will tell you now that i am not religious at all
I am not bothered about colour or religion either.
Last year there was an incident where i ended up having a constant headache
It wasnt a pounding headache just a dull ache. This went on every day, day and night for about 3-4 months.
Out of the blue i got up and it had stopped, which was great. But everything was different. The way i seen things it was from a total different perspective.
To cut a long story short though,
Now i have the constant feeling that something very big is going to happen and soon.
I can only describe this feeling as this:
The feeling is like when you have just forgotten something but you cant put your finger on it, and cant remember knowing what it is. Or when youre thinking of somewhere and you can see the name in your head but cant say it. I know this sounds a bit stupid but thats about it.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I posted a reply on another thread that may be of interest, I know a number of senior HR people, and one of the shocking things that is happening is the number of people running through all levels of corporates who are quitting their jobs, not for other jobs but because they feel it in them to do something.. something else with their lives.

The key difference is that they generally don't have other jobs to go to, don't know how they are going to survive, but the drive is there.. a yearning... Which is something the HR people I know have never dealt with before, certainly not within a recessionary climate.

Some of these are what are described as undesirable leavers and the corporates top performers, in some cases salaries have been doubled, but the carrot is not enough to break the desire for the intangible..

I guess I can include myself in that, and am after the intangible out of life, not sure I would quantify it as spiritual, but certainly as seeking peace within my soul. Hope this helps a little.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

That's exactly what I'm talking about. People are doing things that would seem completely absurd by normal standards. Things are not going on as normal. I often wondered if people would wake up by being shaken, or what it would take.

Turns out, the key is actually within all of us. They're waking up all on their own. I never would have believed it before. This is an exciting time to be alive.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by enca78

The way you describe the feeling is pretty dead on with me. I can completely relate to what you're saying. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I always always always have that feeling deep within me. Just like you described. Something I can't quite put my finger on, but it seems urgent in a strong sense.

Also, like you said, it does seem to be soon. And now that I see the rate at which "normal" people are waking up, I definitely feel something is coming quickly.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Gosh you are all about 11 years out of date.

The first mass wave of feeling like this in recent years was straight after the Matrix was released...

If you feel bored go out and do something creative!!

Don't give in to the monotony of life, your life will rush by and you will look back and thing hmmmm what did I do again...

Go out and CREATE!!

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I totally get what you're saying, Korg. However, this feeling isn't due to a release of a movie. And a lot of the people who are beginning to feel this way aren't even spiritual. They're normal everyday people who go to work, and come home. People who don't even know about the existence of this site.

My point in all this is that the people around us who we normally wouldn't think would get these feelings, are beginning to sense something deep within themselves. That something HUGE and very possibly life changing, is on the horizon.

Despite the awesomeness of The Matrix. This time, we aren't being carried away by a creative movie. This is 100% legit.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

That's exactly what I'm talking about. People are doing things that would seem completely absurd by normal standards. Things are not going on as normal. I often wondered if people would wake up by being shaken, or what it would take.

Turns out, the key is actually within all of us. They're waking up all on their own. I never would have believed it before. This is an exciting time to be alive.

Your right, it is obsurd, who in their right mind quits a good job your not going to made redundant from (laid off) this is the part that has shocked a number of HR people I know.. It is certainly an interesting time...

I did it myself, so I know where they are coming from.. but I have no idea really why I did it.. an urge, but I can't define it more than that really.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
These things seem to come in waves and I definitely feel that we are in a big one now, I see it around me as well.
For the past week or so I've felt sort of beside myself. like something is shifting.

It's odd, but I do believe it's something real and not just me having "mood swings" or whatever

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I felt a need to pursue greater ideals about a year ago. Mind you im only twenty two so it could be the whole "I'm young and gonna change the world!" kinda phase but either way I changed a lot of things in my life and just have this feeling, not that something big and esoteric is gonna happen but more so that the worlds population as a whole is slowly moving towards a new paradigm. I don't know what that would be, whether its politics or the economy or society as a whole but I just feel like there is something changing. Mind you the hippies thought that too and they became our politicians and ceos of today so who knows.

But I def get what your saying OP and I hope your right.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thebulldog

I think whatever age you are you could explain it as some form of maturing or growing up.
I'm 31 myself and I sometimes wonder if all of this is just me nearing some sort of "maturity"
But again I suppose that becoming more idealistic and intent on change is not something that happens around that age, usually it seems to go the other way.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

Your right, it is obsurd, who in their right mind quits a good job your not going to made redundant from (laid off) this is the part that has shocked a number of HR people I know.. It is certainly an interesting time...

I did it myself, so I know where they are coming from.. but I have no idea really why I did it.. an urge, but I can't define it more than that really.

reply to posts by thoughtsfull and EagleTalonZ

Absolutely no offense intended or desired, but what if this speculative "Waking up" is more of a distraction in itself?

Who's to say that this great uprising of people suddenly quitting their jobs and heading out into the great unknown is merely, for them, a way to get them away from where they really need to be and away from what they really need to be focusing on. What if the big event is coming soon, and something from without, rather than within, is pushing us away from that goal, and because it's a change from the norm and against logic, we take it to be a "waking up". I don't know about you, but just because lots and lots of people all start doing something, I don't take that single reason as proof that it must be good.

I think it's something we should keep an eye on. After all, a corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit, and a good tree cannot bring forth corrupt fruit. If this event yields good results, then I'll agree that it's good. But until then, I'll wait until the bandwagon makes a few more laps around the track and I can see where the final destination is.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsilon5

The "waking up" might be a distraction, conspiracy theories might be a distraction and spirituality might be a distraction.

All of these possibilities should certainly be considered but I think the only thing one can do is to follow one's instinct, intuition & common sense.
Everything else quickly becomes a never ending circle of hypothetics that ultimately lead nowhere.

And I must say that I completely disagree on the "Bad tree - bad fruit" idea.

I think it's entirely possible for something positive to stem from something negative (& vice versa)
Life is what we choose make of it

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsilon5

First of all, no offense taken.

I totally understand what you're saying. However, you're arguing against something deeper than logic. Logic is something taught to you. You learn to be logical, but the deeper sense of things defy logic. Spiritual things, for instance, defy logic. And this feeling defies logic as well.

These people who are feeling this aren't just going on a whim. There is something within each of us that is screaming, pushing, kicking it's way to the surface. Like one of the people said, "It's like forgetting something and you can't put your finger on it, but it feels important". That's a great way to describe this.

Something deep in each of us is saying, "The time is at hand... pay attention". We're all waking up to this new sense of something large. Something that cannot be explained, but is more real than anything we have ever seen, felt, heard, tasted or smelled. It certainly defies logic.

To say we're waiting or jumping on a bandwagon. That's not really true. The truth is, something huge is calling. And we're simply responding to the best of our ability.

Also, I don't think it's bad. Because I don't feel frightened by this. I feel peaceful. Excited even. Our instincts can be trusted. And they won't mislead you. Most people I have talked to who learn to really tap into their psyche always say one of the key components to learning, is to pay attention to your instincts.

I understand what you're saying, but I think maybe you should listen a little closer. No offense meant.

That's my .02

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, i really hope for this wave to reach people here, i have been trying to interest my friends in spiritual and transcendental subjects for years. Now that i think about it, some of them have been open to talk about focusing our actions in life into less materialistic targets... but the hard heads are just unwilling to even considerate that reality may be other than the official version. For them to just get a little of doubt inside their hearts, THAT would be a real shock for me

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

Well, there are still a lot of people out there who are still consumed with this illusion. The money, cars, house, fancy clothes, etc. But just seeing them wake up a few at a time is pretty fascinating to me. People who I never thought would say, "I feel like something big is about to happen. I'm going to start meditating more" That blows me away!

I think I had it all wrong. I thought it would take something insane to wake up people. From what I'm seeing now... it's happening all on it's own!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Right i think i have noticed something thats significant. Tonight i was watching big brother with my wife and tonights episode as were all the rest are very different. BB has always provoked arguments and basically get a reaction. They are therefore able to calculate which scenarios would make the public react to certain circumstance. Therefore influencing the public by learning what makes them tick.
This years big brother seems to be trying to influence people to be honest and open rather than lie and steal. Although totally hilarious i watched it the second time and theres numerous hidden signs within to influence a better us. Theyre always seeming to do "the right thing"
Has anyone else noticed this because it seems as if most channels seem to be doing the same?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I share similar feelings. Actually, both my brother and I seem to be interested in philosophy lately. After thinking for a while I realized something. Have you seen the new movie "Avatar"? I've now seen it three times. I'm beginning to think this movie has had lead to a dramatic realization in people, that we need to be less materialistic and appreciate the world around us, which most take for granted. All of these threads regarding this "awakening" may be just people questioning their lifestyle and happiness.

I believe this is the cause of this "awakening." I think questioning our live's and appreciating the world around us is a great thing; however, unfortunately we also have to be realistic and not let this destroy everything we have worked for...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Either consciously or subconsciously, more people are waking up to the fact that we are living in and approaching the late stages of the 'End Times' of this system of things. This is why so many feel moved to make a change or take action for something spiritual in their lives.

If you've been procrasinating or just haven't been ready to take a 'spiritual stand', now is the time to do so. There may not be too many more chances to try before it's too late.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join