It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bangladeshi cabbie in NY returns cash left in taxi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

This is a good story in the news for once.

Also, guess what? The guy was a muslim!

I wonder how much this gets covered on the American news?

An honest man. If only their were more people like this. What a decent guy.

Would anyone else have been tempted to take the money?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Good for him. I love hearing stories like this. No, it would not have been tempting for me to keep that money. However, the situation at the bottom of the article might be more of a challenge to my morals:

In 2007, driver Osman Chowdhury returned a lost bag containing diamond rings worth $500,000 to the rightful owner.

Seriously, though. Good for both of them. More than anything, I'd would just be frustrated at the people's carelessness of leaving that much in valuables behind. You'd think they'd be guarding them for dear life and not carelessly leaving them laying about. Getting out of a cab, you'd think you'd make darn sure you had the half a million dollars worth of diamonds with you. So, yeah. More than anything I'd be irritated that I'm protecting people who create problems for themselves due to their own stupidity.

Like that elderly woman last year who almost threw away a winning lottery ticket for $1 million dollars. After asking the cashier to discard it, it was pointed out to her by the cashier she had indeed won. The tempting part for me would be if you're too stupid to take care of your own things and are incapable of being responsible, then don't cry when it falls into someone else's hands.

I still wouldn't have the heart to keep it but I would like to give them a lecture to be more responsible. I'm glad the family had their possessions returned to them. They were fortunate and the cabbie was truly decent.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
And what did you expect? Bangladeshis are people too. There are honest Bangladeshis out there! But is a really great post. Thank you for it. You won't find too many Bangladeshis who are not Muslim.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by m khan]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

I think you might have misunderstood my post.

I wasn't surprised that he was a muslim. I was being sarcastic due to some people criticizing muslims on here.

I wasn't somehow implying that Bangladeshis are generally dishonest or anything else of that nature.

new topics

top topics

join