It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On this date in History: May 25, 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
  • 1787 - The Constitutional Convention was convened in Philadelphia.

• 1810 - Argentina began its revolt against Spain.

• 1844 - The first telegraphed news dispatch, sent from Washington, D.C., to Baltimore, appeared in the Baltimore Patriot.

• 1895 - Playwright Oscar Wilde was convicted of a morals charge in London and sentenced to prison.

• 1935 - Babe Ruth hit the 714th and final home run of his career.

• 1946 - Transjordan became a kingdom as it proclaimed its new monarch, King Abdullah Ibn Ul-Hussein.

• 1961 - President John F. Kennedy asked the nation to work toward putting a man on the moon by the end of the decade. President John F. Kennedy.

• 1963 - The Organization of African Unity was founded in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

• 1968 - The Gateway Arch in St. Louis was dedicated.

• 1981 - Daniel Goodwin, wearing a ''Spiderman'' costume, scaled the outside of Chicago's Sears Tower in 7 1/2 hours.

• 1986 - An estimated seven million people participated in ''Hands Across America,'' forming a line across the country to raise money for the nation's hungry and homeless.

• 1992 - Jay Leno debuted as host of NBC's ''Tonight Show,'' succeeding Johnny Carson.

• 1997 - Sen. Strom Thurmond, R-S.C., became the longest-serving senator in U.S. history, marking 41 years, 10 months in office.

• 1997 - Polish voters adopted a constitution that removed the last traces of communism.

• Date Unknown - intrepid�s sisters birthday.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow, that's a lot of history for one day. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. No sarcasm.

BTW, it's also my kid sisters birthday.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by intrepid]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
BTW, it's also my kid sisters birthday.

I will edit.

join