It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA photographs "Trees" on Mars

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
why not send a probe to find out? I don't mind my tax dollars being spent on something like that.

What if they showed up to the spot and it looked like this?

could you imagine the awe we'd be under?

That is exactly what I was thinking.... But no....NASA needs to sent little buggies to drive around in the desert and look at sand grains. There are so many more interesting places to see and sniff out on Mars than some deserted desert.

But I just keep telling myself that those guys at NASA are no stupid people and did sent some high-tec eyes to places like those tubes and vegitations sites.......they are just not telling us.....yet.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
How come they supposedly have spy planes or satellites that can take a picture of a car sitting on the ground from many miles up in the sky, but when they spend hundreds of millions of dollars building a space probe they don't put the same kind of camera on it that can take better up close photos than these?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Are we looking straight down, or was this shot at an angle? Since it's from a satellite I assume it's straight down. So the notion of this being trees don't hold up.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

Originally posted by mrno1
Does anyone else remember nasa telling everyone that mars has no atmosphere? Wierd Huh?

Umm, no I dont remember that. Neither does google by the looks of it.

But even if they did, why does NASA have to be correct all the time? We're in an early stage of space exploration so it doesnt really strike me as being odd if they dont get it right all the time.

I do!, First they were like Mars has no atmosphere then it changed to Mars has almost no atmosphere...blah blah blah

WTF is almost no atmosphere?

And They have to be correct because they are the ones that have all the HD pics and they are the ones sending stuff to mars! And We definitely are not in the early stages of SE. The only thing we cant do is go light speed and travel through wormholes! If i sound rude im sorry not trying to i mean come on BlueBelle ur my favorite color haha

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You guys are lying flat out.
NASA has said "almost no atmosphere".
They have explained that Mars most likely lost (most of) its atmosphere when something big hit it. They are not hiding anything, you are just not taking the time to research.

Stop believing everything you see on shady websites or disinfo youtube videos.

The tree thing is a joke ! who ever posted that Earths and Martian atmosphere composition are close is right (ish) but would be a hell of a lot more true if there were trees on Mars turning the 92% CO2 into ... yes .. Oxygen .

Earth Science grade 6 at work right there.

Oh ya .. your trees got to survive -120c, get past this and a few other issues then maybe ...Terraforming Mars .....

[edit on 14-1-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by korath
How come they supposedly have spy planes or satellites that can take a picture of a car sitting on the ground from many miles up in the sky, but when they spend hundreds of millions of dollars building a space probe they don't put the same kind of camera on it that can take better up close photos than these?

Simple answer: you are not supposed to know the truth about our solar system

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

my question is ! it is debris ! as the article say it is well ... what is the debris

gotta be something like metal rock right ! Nothing bio exist >? the article also that picture was take near the north pole of mars! how near! very top! ok mars top pole melts a bit and reveals the debris ok. strong winds cloud of smoke >? looks like the groups debris is swaying to side
What is the debris ! Not A Strait Answer made a goof to the public again! Has anyone seen the pics of the top view of a tree or some kinda bushes ! what kinda of debris is that ! LOL Some kind of Terra forming is going on Mars

But then again take the picture flip it you have rolling down the hill debris !
still its debris ! all of the same distance (sort of) wish i could see a better picture just like the grainy b/w video! of the apollo moon misadventures!
wouldnt you want to have the best dam video camera and have it to be Color ! i have seen better hand held household ( Color ) movie cameras made in the 1940s like the infamous homemade hitler & eva resort all in color ok yes the apollo missions was live feed! but where are the clear non blurry videos! that needs to be show n>? from the six accounts ! that landed all i see is the blurred videos!
personally yes we did go to the moon but not what people think of how the astronuts! NUTS! got there (other than the lander) all Staged ! but for shure they were on the moon !

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Erasurehead
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00fa60ef5a59.jpg[/atsimg]Photo: NASA

Looks like trees to me..

I was having a beer at a park one day, with a city landscaper.
I made a comment, I said nice trees, nice formation.

He said trees don't naturally grow in organized rows, they grow anywhere.
If they are in rows they are planted.

could it be that the thin lines of rows imply that that is where these plants broke through? i don't know?

The explanation seems highly dubious imo.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Don't rule it out because the TV says to.

I'm not ruling anything out. The article appears to be crap.
The headline is debunked in the very article it precedes. Then says we are looking at an opticle illusion.
I searched the press releases from Nasa and there isn't anything like this.
So I guess what I'm saying is if these are Nasa photots there seems to be
a bit of disinformation going on here.
What ever we have going on here I don't think we are going to find any
mangroves up there. Ok I am ruling out mangroves.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

truely came from NASA ? The Blow Up from this Picture

it looks like a canvas painting ( did that guy from that 70s tv painting show (white guy with big afro! ) paint this. to me it some what look like it ! it looks like there is Canvas Texture and Textured Paint

want something more revealing! www.disclose.tv...

markers around Mars Face ! either NASA photo shop / cad program Error!
or Real markers from the creators of the face could they be Lighted Markers >?
I have did the research in every face of mars photo i could find.
even the one that do not add up and the photos ALL have the Markers
you can Even Connect the Dots! to form a outline circle (halo)

See for your Self Members! Research! What are The Odds !

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I was a bit hesitant to call this photo,but after looking at the link you provided,the larger picture frame and resolution gives you a better perspective and points of reference.

After having a captain cook at it for a couple of minutes,its plain to see that the view is an overhead one.It would be strange indeed for all the trees to be growing horizontally out of the side of the dunes.I do not know what the excretion is,but its not trees.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Very cool post and pictures!

I know that it could be an optical illusion --- but I wouldn't be surprised if the pictures did show evidence of vegetation.

I remember at a Richard Hoagland Mar's Anomoly conference (which is on youtube) in addition to the "face on mars" and "pyramids" he showed an impressive photograph of what appeared to be a bird's eye view of a massive tree!

Man, would I like to visit Mars to see for myself!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join