It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyberwar breaks out as Iranians hack into Chinese search engine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Cyberwar breaks out as Iranians hack into Chinese search engine

www.ft.com

An unlikely cyberwar broke out yesterday when Iranian hackers attacked China's leading search engine and Chinese counterparts retaliated against Iranian websites.

In the morning, people accessing the web page of Baidu, China's largest internet search engine, found it was covered with a picture of the Iranian flag and other symbols and the words "Iranian Cyber Army".Not long after, a rallying cry for retaliation emerged in Chinese online discussion groups, blogs and bulletin boards.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
"In the afternoon, participants and cybersecurity experts started reporting that Chinese flags and nationalist slogans had appeared on websites registered in Iran"

We just heard the news that Google is likely to pull out of China. Who are these Iranian cyber army people and why is China being attacked? And it seems that Chinese are now putting up their flags all over the internet.

Baidu is the biggest search engine in China and Google has only 30% market share in China.

I see something here, Google says it may pull out of China, it may stop censoring the search results in China, and then Baidu's website is hacked. Is someone taking revenge on Baidu or the Chinese govt? And what do we do so that Iranian flags dont appear on our websites?

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I would say Israelis or Americans broke into the Chinese cyberspace in the name of Iran. That would be the appropriate title. Usually the Israelis are used to do this trick, so they would be my primary candidates.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Sharrow]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

I would say Israelis or Americans broke into the Chinese cyberspace in the name of Iran

Yes it could be Americans or Israelis, but what I find surprising is that it comes at a time when we have this Google news.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow
I would say Israelis or Americans broke into the Chinese cyberspace in the name of Iran. That would be the appropriate title. Usually the Israelis are used to do this trick, so they would be my primary candidates.

Yeah I agree, most likely trying to strain ties between the two countries because China has been selling armored vechiles to Iran.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

Is there anything you would not blame the Israeli or the US on? When your response is so predictable, it becomes tedious.

It probably was not the Iranian state, but could have been some Iranian-based hackers or Iranian students overseas or anyone else for that matter. It could also have been others wanting to tarnish Iran, like one of a large number of Iranians exiled by that noxious regime.

There have been notable cyber attacks originating from China, Russia and Iran in recent months.

Regards

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

You know, when the two countries are allies and the Iranians needed the Chinese support the most, no one is fool enough, especially a nationalist as this article states, to break into their allies' cyberspace and write out with large shiny letters, WE, THE IRANIANS DID IT. Yeah, sure. If you're buying this BS, that's your problem. Only two countries has the intention to ruin the alliance between Iran and China and I named them above.

There have been notable cyber attacks originating from China, Russia and Iran in recent months.

All are allies. I can't even think that someone is orchestrating this in the background. Wait, I just did. All of them are allies. It would be good for the Israelis if any of them would turn against Iran. And they used to orchestrate these sort of stuffs, staying in the background, while they're turning two countries against each other.

Iranians exiled by that noxious regime.

Are you paid by the U.S. or the Israeli government to write this BS propaganda? Or you simply belong to the infamous Israeli Internet Desinformation and Defense Cyber Squadron? If yes, you belong to any of this, get a new job, because you're doing your job damned wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Id be more concerned about the idea that China is supposedly running government sanctioned cyber warfare against US interests. That what Google is claiming. Their responce apparently is to try and crack open the great Firewall so that casual Chinese users are able to bypass it using Google.

That may well end up with Google being kicked out of China.

This could be the first steps to "breaking the internet up" into Geolocational networks. Don't let it happen.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
At least the damage was limited to Graffiti. We are all vulnerable when we connect to the internet with an operating system that has documented vulnerabilities. What would have happened if the Chines Google site had been replaced with a root kit?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow

Iranians exiled by that noxious regime.

Are you paid by the U.S. or the Israeli government to write this BS propaganda? Or you simply belong to the infamous Israeli Internet Desinformation and Defense Cyber Squadron? If yes, you belong to any of this, get a new job, because you're doing your job damned wrong.

You have lost the ploy, mate. FYI I neither like the Israeli policies nor have any particular affiliation to the US, but I try to be balanced in my worldview. Might I suggest that you go and live in Iran to get full experience of the delights of that charming nation, perhaps try a bit of "free speech".

To topic. Just because something happens in the world against Iran or from Iran does not been that it was motivated by or derived from Israel or the US. If you are so blinkered that you take that view in life then trying to have an open dialogue with you is (er) pointless.

This whole episode is probably not state santioned.

Regards

new topics

top topics

join