It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TimeLapse videos of Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
magictimelapse.ch...

www.vimeo.com...

Check out this stunning video montage taken from the swiss alps.

Breathtaking!

Such art makes me feel at peace and is relaxing, i really wish i could set it as a desktop background!

If you scroll down a bit in that link, there are other pretty daylight movies .

[edit on 13-1-2010 by TheOracle]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Wow. Just wow. like you said, breathtaking. Gave me chills it's so beautiful! thanks so much for posting!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
you are welcome

I have to add this HAS to be watched in fullscreen. I am now looking for a way to download a HD quality as I hae found out how to use it as a wallpaper
more info here: www.whoismadhur.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Those are some truly stunning views. thanks for sharing! Star for you my friend.

also whilst watching the night time lapse video i noticed 2 things that i cannot imagine what they are.

VIEW FULL SCREEN!!!

the first happens at 0.53 in approx the middle of the screen involving 2 lights that seem to appear 1 being more prominent then the other and straight after a 3rd light flashes close by.

also in the same video at 1.15 two light that i assume are comets pass by each other however the top comet seems to do a sharp 90 degree turn.

I'm no expert at video analysis or comets so these 2 have puzzled me.

thanks again and i don't intend to derail your thread just stating what i see

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Gimpychaos]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Simply put..

Breathtaking, just totally Breathtaking.

Kind of makes you feel insignificant yet magnificent at the same time.

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gimpychaos
Those are some truly stunning views. thanks for sharing! Star for you my friend.

also whilst watching the night time lapse video i noticed 2 things that i cannot imagine what they are.

VIEW FULL SCREEN!!!

the first happens at 0.53 in approx the middle of the screen involving 2 lights that seem to appear 1 being more prominent then the other and straight after a 3rd light flashes close by.

also in the same video at 1.15 two light that i assume are comets pass by each other however the top comet seems to do a sharp 90 degree turn....

I don't know what the dots were at :53, but they were sitting still, so I would not rule out an "artifact" in the video file itself -- i.e., a "computer glitch".

The objects at 1:15 could be planes or meteors (I think you meant meteor and not comet). However, this being a time-lapse image -- meaning only a few frames were filmed each minute -- I would find it hard to believe that they would be lucky enough to catch a meteor. I think they are most likely aircraft.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
You can also spot artificial satellites if you look carefully and the shooting stars ar impressive

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thanks O... that was very therapeutic. This time of the year i get a real bad case of the blues, due to a lack of sun, the weather being so crappy and getting so absorbed in all the frustrating demands/obligations/distractions of life... but these videos pulled me out of my depression and helped me see everything from the bigger picture perspective... putting everything into proper perspective, without ever saying a word... simply breathe taking.

new topics

top topics

join