It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Pandora May Be a Real Planet (Avatar)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Split404
And here, again, is the original Video:

www.youtube.com...

It is also beneficial to watch part 2

It is also beneficial to read up on it. Here is Cynthia Hind's story.

Even were I to discount mass hysteria and tall tale telling. The pictures vary both in the description of the 'alien' and the 'spaceship'. The surroundings of the ship also vary; sometimes it's in trees, other times it's not. Sometimes it's landed, sometimes it's not.

The fact that she reached a consensus amongst the children tarnishes any value any of their individual stories meaning would have - as some would have compromised on their memories as incorrect whilst others would have had theirs reinforced as fact by the group.

Out of an alleged 62 children she was able to interview about 10-12 of the older ones (who have learned to master their lying skills if you know your child development 101). Which leaves at least 40 children out of her results.

White children at an International school in Zimbabwe in 1994 would certainly have access to television and the X-files was the biggest spinner there was at the time. To suggest that because they are in Africa there is no TV is a sham.

So far we've cut down the number of children who claimed to have seen it, observed that a consensus was reached with them by Cynthia which illustrates she is no reporter as it sullies individual reports, seen a variety of creatures and vessels drawn by the children which vary wildly in both the form of the objects focussed on and the environment that they are meant to be placed within and finally we have shown that some of these children would have access to TV at the height of the X-files phenomena.

In my humble opinion, were there are credibility to this case the way it has been investigated as ruined any chance at truth from it and goes to show why I happily put on a hat of disbelief when presented with extraordinary claims.

Now that I've proven my ability to show some of my thinking. 2 other things that author has claimed that have came true please?

-m0r

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Sorry Fran, can get carried away on here, I think the tryptamine thing is detrimental to that sort of film, it's the same in that his mind left his human body behind and was cast into a totally different world. And the fact that its something your body does by itself with no outside interference when you sleep and when you die is just insane to me, I can't comprehend what is waiting!

I think your dead on with the timing though, it feels like this film has been released at the perfect time for some reason and it is something that really does make you go

It obviously hit home big with a lot of people, not just because graphically it's the first of it's kind but because of the message and the possibilities, it just makes people wonder.

A lot of people on here are aware of the notion of 'bigger plans' being portrayed by Hollywood, and that to me is one of the strangest things, I don't think this film was designed to just entertain, it was designed to seriously open people's minds and I just feel like there has to be a reason for that.

The Avatar blues thread made me laugh, but that's one hell of a serious effect to have on people just from a film but I can really understand why they feel that way is the weird thing

[edit on 13-1-2010 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

So because the kids aren't artists you completely discount their side?

Of course their pictures vary, have you seen how old they are. I was drawing stick men at that age.

And the point of trees being in the background or not is completely irrelevant because from the picture, we know that there are definitely trees there, some of the kids have just omitted to drawing them. They were probably instructed to draw what they'd seen - not get an easel out and do a landscape oil painting.

Don't know about you but I wasn't watching X-files at the age of 6 or 7 either. That show is pretty disturbing at a young age, and I wasn't allowed to watch it. Are you saying all these kids watched the x-files and took the detail from there to draw these similar craft?

And I don't get your point that kids can lie by a certain age..

Adults can lie, everyone can lie, why would 60 kids go along with this if they'd been told to lie, at least 1 child out of 60 would let slip that it was all BS

It took the balloon kid in the US about 5 minutes to drop the ball and that was one kid, not 60

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Don't get me wrong I am strong supporter/research of the tryptamine and have just finished 'the spirit molecule' its a fantastic read that 'opens' the readers mind (pun intended) BTW [I]okamitengu[/I] it is secreted by the pineal gland when we sleep. it is analogous to the neurotransmitter serotonin (5-HT)

Unfortunately naming this is against ATS rules and policies,

[edit on 13-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Sure. You try and make a 7 year old stick to a lie, tell me how that goes. Much less 60 of them. Everyone who is going to read this will see right through whatever it is your trying to do here. I have no more time for it friend. Oh and does 'Childhood Development 101 institute a pathology of sociopathic lying?'

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Yeah it is a good read, you've confused me with your last line though.

I thought there was a new forum on that stuff now so it was all okey dokey? Anyways this ain't narcotics, it's produced by your brain naturally, this is biology 101! I knew it was secreted by the pineal gland, and that it works in tandem with seratonin, about the only thing I don't understand about it is why it's illegal!

Youtube 'Joe Rogan on '___'' by the way, his take is really funny and it's only about 10 mins long.

Anyways.. I take it you were a fan of the film then?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy
So because the kids aren't artists you completely discount their side?

Of course their pictures vary, have you seen how old they are. I was drawing stick men at that age.

Did you also play pretend games or do anything that got out of hand?

And the point of trees being in the background or not is completely irrelevant because from the picture, we know that there are definitely trees there, some of the kids have just omitted to drawing them. They were probably instructed to draw what they'd seen - not get an easel out and do a landscape oil painting.

Yeah, so sometimes the legs of the 'craft' are down, sometimes it's floating, sometimes the 'alien' has long dark hair, sometimes he's bald with claws and sometimes there' s more than 1 of him. Never mind the changes in outfit that pepper the results. The fact that Hind's herself comments that the bamboo would be a deterrent for the craft to have been where it was meant to be should probably be overlooked too eh? Afterall, if it's not part of the story you want to hear it's irrelevant.

Don't know about you but I wasn't watching X-files at the age of 6 or 7 either. That show is pretty disturbing at a young age, and I wasn't allowed to watch it. Are you saying all these kids watched the x-files and took the detail from there to draw these similar craft?

I'm saying that of the 10 or so older children that she got a consensus from (who were all 10 years old or older) more than likely were talking about it either from listening to people older than them talk about it or from one or two of them seeing it themselves. Doctor Who was also scary, so was V, I watched them when I was that age. To say it's impossible for a child to see it is just folly.

And I don't get your point that kids can lie by a certain age..

1 article of thousands on when and why children lie. I'd recommend you look up Professor Robert Winston on YouTube or the BBC for a more detailed, and easy to comprehend, analysis on children and lying.

Adults can lie, everyone can lie, why would 60 kids go along with this if they'd been told to lie, at least 1 child out of 60 would let slip that it was all BS

10 - 12 kids who gave a general consensus to a bumbling UFO investigator with an agenda. They told a similar enough story for her to put pen to paper and get the credit for a case she screwed up on if she was genuinely looking for answers. The story is full of unscientific methods and holes. It's embarrassing that even though I've had to explain this, you don't want to hear it and will find another tiny thread to hold onto your belief that this occurred.

It took the balloon kid in the US about 5 minutes to drop the ball and that was one kid, not 60

Correction, it took one 6 year old boy who had appeared on national television twice and had been international news at the height of social media for a 2 whole hours giving him more global attention that Barack Obama's inauguration, 5 minutes with a discerning reporter and everyone in the world watching to not continue his fathers fabrication.

As oppose to 10-12 grade 7 children, in rural Zimbabwe before the internet with a bias investigator who no doubt felt an obligation to the BBC to produce a piece 'who knows how long' to come up with a feeble enough tale that is wishy-washy at best and need stand up to no scrutiny from a mostly believer consumer base (ie. YOU)

-m0r

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Their teacher blatanly says that they do not have access to movies or television. So what about that? And why do you keep saying 10 kids? It is not 10. And all 60 are in the process of being found by a film maker who is sponsored by the John E. Mack Institue, who is or was a Harvard Professor. www.johnemackinstitute.org...

None of them have changed their story one bit. These kids had no preconceptions unto what these iconic cultural references looked like, and even if they did, that would do nothing in the way of convincing the lay person of alternate plausible explanations. I didn't mean to be short with you. I just feel like you are repeating things I have covered in detail.

And the descrepancies you illustrate, i.e. trees being either before or behind the landed craft in their drawings are obviously due to the perceptual nature of subjective experience, and they do little in the way of levelling any heft of criticism their way. Ask any police officer who takes notes from witnesses of a crime... these are normal, predictable, and downright healthy variated takes on an occurence.

much love

Austin

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Anyways.. I take it you were a fan of the film then?

You would not believe how much that film has effected me, seriously, I am going to buy a blueray player just for that film alone.

There are so many things in that film that I feel in my gut are true and are happening as we speak. I am convinced that there are groups on this earth that work off planet, the only problem I have though is proving it.

Oh I sent you a U2U in regards to the trytamine as far as I am aware it is not permitted to use its name except in RATS however, things may have changed that I am not aware of,

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

And anyone who watches the video of the balloon boy slip can blatantly tell he is under no interrogation. And I think few here would believe your take on CNNs reporting powers of investigative journalism anyway... they obviously miss ALOT.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I understand some of the discrepancies in the drawings, we're all going on 'ifs' here and if it really happened they were probably so damn excited I wouldn't know what say let alone be able draw an accurate representation of it at that age.

The one thing I'm not budging on is the lying lol, kids are crap at telling lies, they can't make a convincing lie because they can't do the body language or eye contact that come with it, you can tell almost instantly if a child is lying and I just don't believe they could get 60 kids of varying ages to conform to the same story, and they do all follow the same story whether they drew the same thing or not.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Surely you can't think that a group of 60 children could stick to the same story, are you aware that several of the children needed counselling after their encounter, are you aware that each child was spoken to seperately and that the school drafted in a top psychologist in order to get to the bottom of it.

Conclusion - Something happened that day that changed those childrens outlook on life forever.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Ok, no worries I'm not a RATS user anyhow so no matter.

I know what you mean I can't even begin to explain what it's made me ponder through, over the last few months I've just been having this strange just almost ominous feeling kinda buzzing around in my head and that film just sent it off the scale. Something really does hit home with it, but Titanic was a really involving film for a lot of people too (not me I just laughed when Di Crapio turned into a popsicle) so it makes you wonder if it's just purely because of the effort put in that makes it resonate with people so well.

He's spent 10 years developing the Avatar brand apparently and it really does show, you feel like you can see into the mind of the Na'vi and it's strange to identify with a film character so much when they're human let alone a fictional (maybe
) alien race

Edit - Fran seen your U2U (thank you) and stuff getting a blueray player, just get a PS3!

[edit on 13-1-2010 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Split404
Their teacher blatanly says...

For the sake of consistency I took all the information I have stated from the original investigator Cynthia Hind's account of the situation (she conducted the interviews - see link above).

Also for the sake of consistency here is a link to the upcoming film/video of the kids being reinterviewed (Oh, look...shock horror, donations required for it to be completed - how unexpected!!).

Here is a newspaper article detailing the new film being shot by Randall Nickerson (Due to John E. Mackey being dead), copy and paste it into your brower, this site doesn't like the link: witness.co.za/?showcontent&global[_id]=6379

And here is a review of the pre-postproduction footage captured, which by no means is flattering.

So anything else for me to do except notice that this thread is now where it should be in the Skunk Works??

-m0r

EDIT: Correcting a php error on a link.

[edit on 13/1/2010 by m0r1arty]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
dmt doesnt occur naturally in the body. you are thinking of seratonin.

'___' and other psychotropic drugs trigger a massive release of seratonin.

'___' occurs in alot of plants and vines globally.

'___' stands for Dymethyltriptamine for those who require more information

FALSE. That is absolutely wrong. '___' most certainly does occur naturally in the body. Your own brain produces it when you dream. Your brain produces a lot of it when you're born and when you're about to die. '___' doesn't trigger a massive release of seratonin. My god, do some research. I'm almost offended.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Its amazing how a story like this can be manipulated and spun so that people say 'its just kids messing around' but I always like to think what if.....

What if.....a government official paid a visit to this school and said it was going to withdraw its funding if they didn't bury this incident or that they are going to give funding if they buried the incident.

Money talks and the truth almost ALWAYS walks.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
You keep on using this Cynthia lady as the sole arbiter of the entire ordeal. She was a journalist who covered the story. Not the teachers, parents, and principal who all talked to and interviewed the kids from the perspective of FAMILY and are all convinced they are telling the truth. You can look up as much ancillary information you want and post all sorts of links but by and by people will resonate with the magnetism of this video. And that in and of itself is only a small part of what I am saying here, so dont get all high and mighty like you metamorphed me into a pillar of salt. You have addressed a sliver of this, redundantly, and ineffectively. But lets just say you won, now please move on.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I'd guess the Skunks works bit is due to the title implying Avatar is real and then the thread no longer being sod all to do with Avatar. And it's been in Skunk works since the end of page one.

Can't comment on your links cos unfortunately I'm at work so I can't see em but I'll have a look when I get home.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Fran, I'm all for 'what if...'.

You may be right that a governmental official showed up (or an MIB, a ghost, Tarzan or whatever). What I am trying to do here is have people question what is being displayed and form their own opinions based on reason (and deduction too if they're up for it).

If after they have grasped a truly great idea that can pass through the critical thinking filter then wish to discard it then fine! No problems from me.

But just accepting something because you 'want to believe' is as nonsensical as an adult believing that every December 25th a jolly fat man comes into their house and leaves presents.

How can we choose to be members of a site where 'Deny Ignorance' is the motto when we choose to wallow in it up to our eyeballs?

So does my theory at least hold up to scrutiny?

-m0r

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Please everyone watch the second part of this video. Here you can see the principal of the school speak on the matter.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join