It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey All, Philly in da house.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hey everyone, A new guy from Philly here. Been on for a while and I just had to start my own thread.

Love the site, and all you guys. Check out my first thread. Here

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blogbuster
Hey everyone, A new guy from Philly here. Been on for a while and I just had to start my own thread.

Love the site, and all you guys. Check out my first thread. Here

Well, no offense, but I do NOT like Philly. You where the CAPITOL of the Nation at one point in time. Now it just seems to be a crap town. I've driven through Philly about 7 times. 20 foot tall barbed wire fences around business's does not say, 'welcome to our city', come check out our historic section.

I have no answers as to solve the problems of crime within the city. I want Philly to thrive. I am a resident of PA and I don't want to see any city in my commonwealth suffer. I happen to see Philly suffering on a regular basis though. I do not know what to do to change the substance, the people, of Philly.

I would love to see that city lower the violence on the streets. I want to visit one of the former capitol's of our great nation. I want to learn as much history of Philly as I do about my hometown.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge keeps the citizens of our country free.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Glad to see someone else from Philadelphia. I'm about ten minutes outside the city to the south west in Upper Darby.

As for Philadelphia's crime problem. I would have to say legalize drugs and 99% of the drug dealers will have to get real jobs, and pay taxes to better the community. Some parts of Philadelphia are beautiful, but I do agree some are complete.. yea. Although any city you visit has its bad parts, so nothing different from anywhere else in the country.

Welcome to the board.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

None Taken and no offense to you but it is the people that hate philly that make it what it is, in part anyway. Yes we have attitude, yes we're not the prettiest but we are who we are without pretense. I used to be afraid of the big scary city when I was younger and first venturing around the city but after I met enough people I began to understand why we call this place home, and no other home will do. It is the hard working, blue collar, family centered, never turn your back on friends and loved ones, tough soled, good people that make this city what it is and why I love it. Ive been to New York, Boston, San Fran, and many many other cities in the US and there is something about Philly that just stands out. It has become a part of me, and I am a part of it. No other way to describe it. If you dont get it, thats cool, but give it a fair shot and dont be afraid to stop by the museums and historical sites or our great restaurants and night spots.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blogbuster

Well it's about time!

We were getting worried.

Welcome aboard and please buckle up.
Some threads can get pretty rough

ENJOY

PEACE

Slay

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I lived in Philly for a year a few years ago- Port Richmond--- I hated it but GOD do I miss GENOS!!!!!!!!! Welcome!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wasssupppp Fresh prince 'o' filly baby !!!

I look forward to more of your posts man

peace out

top topics

join