It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Citizen Needs to Read This

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

EVERY CITIZEN NEEDS TO READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THIS JOURNALIST HAS SCRIPTED IN THIS MESSAGE. READ IT AND THEN REALLY THINK ABOUT OUR CURRENT POLITICAL DEBACLE.

Charley Reese has been a journalist for 49 years.

545 PEOPLE
By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi. She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red ..

If the Army & Marines are in IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

(continued)

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Blogbuster]
source

Mod Edit: All Caps Removed from Title

Mod Edit:IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS.Please review this link

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

[edit on 13-1-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogbuster

Any thoughts other than a simple uncredited cut and paste?

I assume you got this from here? www.resistnet.com... or the plethora of other sites this has been copied to.

Btw, even though "Charlie Reese" is misspelled in the text (sp is Charley Reese) it seems that he did indeed write the above (at least in part) ... www.snopes.com...

However this is the original text so far as I can tell: www.apfn.org...

It seems (pending further investigation) that text has been added for partisan/propaganda affect, which may explain the perhaps intentional misspelling of the original author's name.

edit to add further sources

[edit on 13 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it.......... Is up to you.

source

Mod Edit:IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS.Please review this link

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)

source

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It is time that professional politicians were replaced with citizen statesmen who are beholding to their constituency and not a political party.

Democrats and Republicans are lying, thieving, whore mongering, sodomites who do not give a rat's rectum about their constituency.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

My Bad, my uncle emailed me this article by Charlie Reese, I didn't see it on here so I thought I'd share. Next time I'll bold the by line.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Blogbuster]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Blogbuster]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Right on, this is good stuff. Two thumbs up, a star, and a flag.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

The Beatles

One, two, three, four...
Hrmm!
One, two, (one, two, three, four!)

Let me tell you how it will be;
There's one for you, nineteen for me.
'Cause I�m the taxman,
Yeah, I�m the taxman.

Should five per cent appear too small,
Be thankful I don't take it all.
'Cause I�m the taxman,
Yeah, I�m the taxman.

(if you drive a car, car
- I�ll tax the street;
(if you try to sit, sit
- I�ll tax your seat;
(if you get too cold, cold
- I�ll tax the heat;
(if you take a walk, walk
- I'll tax your feet.

Taxman!

'Cause I�m the taxman,
Yeah, I�m the taxman.

Don't ask me what I want it for, (ah-ah, mister Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more. (ah-ah, mister heath)
'Cause I�m the taxman,
Yeah, I�m the taxman.

Now my advice for those who die, (taxman)
Declare the pennies on your eyes. (taxman)
'Cause I�m the taxman,
Yeah, I�m the taxman.

And you're working for no one but me.

Taxman!

Let's be real though. 525 people do not control the Government...The shareholders of the corpse do...pun intended.

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Any thoughts other than a simple uncredited cut and paste?

I assume you got this from here? www.resistnet.com... or the plethora of other sites this has been copied to.

Btw, even though "Charlie Reese" is misspelled in the text (sp is Charley Reese) it seems that he did indeed write the above (at least in part) ... www.snopes.com...

However this is the original text so far as I can tell: en.wikipedia.org...

It seems (pending further investigation) that text has been added for partisan/propaganda affect, which may explain the perhaps intentional misspelling of the original author's name.

edit to add further sources

I'll be sure to let my uncle know, I'm sure he will be upset. As for the point I was trying to make...nevermind. I guess some people like giving their hard earned cash to big brother.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm still digging ...

Part of that is from something called "The Tax Poem" which I guess is supposed to be humor and, so far as I can tell, is from an unknown author.

Argh, the whole thing is a plagiarized mess and tail wagging exercise ...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
.... a n y w a y

I hope you other atsers take it for what it is and maybe send it along to your friends and family that like to blame one side or the other for the way things are. The point it makes that I agree with is that Republican or Democrat, it don't matter. We have a voice and should use it. I see a lot of people talking but I'm not sure what anyone is really doing about it. Maybe we dont realize what we can do?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This makes it a lot easier to understand and see who are really the people that are causing a lot of our issues. Even though there are people such as the Bushs, or the Rothschild, or the Rockefellers, they can't have there way with the Country (...world) if the 545 people don't let them. It almost seems reasonable to be able to kick 545 people out of the way with a 300 million person sized boot, how can we make this happen?

Too bad this great Country of ours is controlled by secret oaths and secret societies that don't care for the common man, and only want to see profit and them and their friends who are pulled out of the pile of dirt they created. It's hard to imagine but, even if a large enough group could storm congress to shut down the system even for a day, marshal law would be invoked and a soldier on every corner with live rounds in his chamber would be your neighbor.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It is time that professional politicians were replaced with citizen statesmen who are beholding to their constituency and not a political party.

I would agree that this would work very well for a little while at least. Give it a little time, and those statesmen would evolve into professional politicians.

Every system of government outgrows itself and eventually collapses.

This can happen with anything. Civilization is a continuous cycle of paradigm shifts.

Look at what ATS has become. Its increasing popularity has brought more restrictions. Now, before you even post, there are bright yellow instructions for us to follow in order to make our posts "matter"!

More members equals more complaining. With that complaining comes more regulation. Whether it's a system of government or an online community, this is the way it works.

[edit on 1/13/2010 by yadda333]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

"Any thoughts other than a simple uncredited cut and paste? "

Who cares who wrote it? Its the message contained that is important and its a valid message that will resonate with most people (hence the reason its hitting people's inbox's like machine gun fire).

Cry yourself a river Schrodinger about the "messy plagiarism" but I'm thinking you're gonna get your hair wet with your nose that high..

Thanks for bringing the message to the masses of ATS Blogbuster.. Hopefully no more pseudo intellectuals will float in to steal your thunder with distraction techniques.. The distraction in this case is Shrodinger, hoping to have a virtual back pat in the form of the "Blue Shiny Star"..

[edit on 13-1-2010 by ErwinAndHisFeline]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
These 545 people are responsible for many problems. Often puppeteers are behind them, who wield the real power. But we see only the politicians. They are bad enough. Most politicians are sociopaths. Sociopaths seek power for personal gain. People who seek power, are the least persons who should get it. I am afraid we are more to blame, because we keep voting for the same scumbags over and over again. We are not informed or even interested in things that matter.

And here comes the role of the fourth power of the state – the media. If journalists would do their job and do investigate research and write about things that really matter, we would have a more informed citizenry. Instead most journalists are mere reporters. Without proof they just regurgitate talking points and insider information “from anonymous sources”. These reporters are played like a violins by lobbyists, government officials and PR-people, who are thus able to spin public opinion in the desired direction. I think these reporters and their misinformation are at least as much to blame as all politicians and voters combined.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Uh, you do realize that ATS is not USA-centric in scope and "every citizen" here is not an USA citizen and in fact, many of us don't come from the USA.

Just pointing it out that you might want to bracket your alarm with distinctions such as I have just indicated.

cheerio.
:-)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blogbuster
EVERY CITIZEN NEEDS TO READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THIS JOURNALIST HAS SCRIPTED IN THIS MESSAGE. READ IT AND THEN REALLY THINK ABOUT OUR CURRENT POLITICAL DEBACLE.

Charley Reese has been a journalist for 49 years.

545 PEOPLE
By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi. She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red ..

If the Army & Marines are in IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

(continued)

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Blogbuster]
Mod Edit: All Caps Removed from Title

[edit on 1-12-2010 by worldwatcher]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by bullfish]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

Uh, you do realize that ATS is not USA-centric in scope and "every citizen" here is not an USA citizen and in fact, many of us don't come from the USA.

Just pointing it out that you might want to bracket your alarm with distinctions such as I have just indicated.

cheerio.
:-)

I have to agree with you there. I'm a citizen and there is no organisation called The Federal Reserve in my country. I think the number is wrong too because we've got 646 politicians. I don't recognise all the taxes either.

Where's the window tax? What happened to the swamp insurance? (Bladder the Third the dunny-on-the-wold by-election for the reference geeks)

Sorry?...You what?

Oh you mean THOSE citizens, the ones in that there USA oh right not the 6.5 billion other citizens.

OK sorry my bad

But seriously, I agree with the sentiment here. What goes on and what happens in a country is down to the political class. This corruption has been going on for as long as their have been democracies. I think even a lottery for President/Prime Minister would come up with better more worthy and more successful government. Someone once said (don't ask me i dunno), someone once said that the only person fit to be prime minister is the person who least wants the job.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by spookfish]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So Charley Reese(sp) having been a journalist (the highest of all professions, known for upholding the truth over any other value) for 49 years should mean something?

What are you trying to tell ATS that they don't already realize? That unsupported information causes fear and anger?

I know what the Author of this, and other copy-pasta authors, are trying to do: they're upset, emotional, and blaming the U.S. populace for not standing up in revolt.

We've all seen some members of ATS here in the past months actually make longwinded diatribes to this affect. What I always find amazing is they blame "us" for not standing up and taking arms, but they're not out there doing so now.

In short: We appreciate the uninformed copypasta, we love reading the same mish-mash fear/angermongering drivel, and we love how the authors of these little messes do nothing themselves.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join