It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the 'Soapbox' mentality as of late here on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think that there should be input from moderators to jump on replicated threads a stamp them out before too much debate ensues, directing the posters to the original posts. We should all 'search' for past threads and I have been guilty of not doing it myself (Doh!!!) but it always good to have a reminder.

Good cartoon by the way

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

So, if you see me out there in other threads, be prepared to get called out if you are just 'soapboxing', because I LOVE this site, and I'll be damned if the knuckleheads are gonna take it over!

Well it is a place where people have a platform/to voice their opinion, not unlike the soapbox you stood on to start this topic?

Yes?

Sometimes people are interested in following certain topics.

curious?

[edit on 093131p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You are missing my point. Everyone has the absolute right to voice their opinions on any topic. It's the members who are only interested in expressing their opinions, and then throw ad hominems and strawmen at anyone who differs from them when challenged that I am speaking of. Or those members who blatantly stretch something to make it fit their agenda, such as the use of the Executive Order to create a bipartisan board to oversee the National Guard and Civil Defense to create hysteria about 'Martial Law', which I think that all of us who've been around here long enough see as a 'red herring' immediately.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I can agree with you on some things preferably the first paragraph. I also feel annoyed with misleading titles in some threads. They always "take it to the extreme" with the title.

I think this might be a step closer to the truth?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70c370d62405.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join