It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman grows back face after allergic reaction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Woman grows back face after allergic reaction

news.ninemsn.com.au

Eva Uhlin, now aged 19, has spent the past four years recovering from an attack of toxic epidermal necrolysis, brought on after taking just one of the household painkillers, the UK's Telegraph newspaper reports.

At its peak, the potentially deadly condition made parts of her face, chest, arms, back and stomach fall off.

Ms Uhlin said her face was so disfigured that at one point her lips had grown together.

"It felt like something was crawling around under my skin, I was in total shock — it was like something out of a horror film," the Telegraph quoted her as saying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Strange news to say the least.

Had not heard of this rare condition until reading this article. Does anybody on this forum know of anyone that has suffered a similar allergic reaction?

It is comforting to see this unlucky teenager overcome her problems and develop into a confident and beautiful young woman.

What do you think?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Ms Uhlin said she never gave up hope that she would recover her looks, despite the severity of her condition "I've always been a positive person, and I didn't let myself think about the chance that my skin would never be normal again," she said.

The power of thought...she wouldn't recovered so well if she didn't think like that...

I have cured myself of a supposedly "incurable" disease by merely believing I never had it in the first place...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

That is indeed the best medicine for any situation that looks to be in doubt. Positive thinking is very powerful.

As for this young girl, she is very lucky to have that mind set and to have recovered the way that she has. She would have suffered for 4 years, enough time for anyone's heart to fall and to get the feeling of giving up hope. She is an inspiration of making her wish and desire a reality.

Star and flag!

new topics

top topics

join