It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery object to whizz by Earth Wednesday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Mystery object to whizz by Earth Wednesday

news.yahoo.com

A mystery object from space is about to whizz close by Earth on Wednesday. It won't hit our planet, but scientists are stumped by what exactly it is.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 1/12/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Holy crap! Nibiru/Planet X is finally making its long predicted approach to earth. Aaaah! Run for your lives....wait. 50 feet long?

Anyway, interesting story, especially since scientists haven't a clue as to what the object really is. Probably one of those alien armada motherships...

Anyone want to wager as to what this object could be. I found it interesting that the story speculated "space junk," which to me infers that the object is remnant of intelligent made object. If not from here, where?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

After millennia of battle the surviving G'Gugvuntt and Vl'hurg realised what had actually happened, and joined forces to attack the Milky Way in retaliation. They crossed vast reaches of space in a journey lasting thousands of years before reaching their target where they attacked the first planet they encountered, Earth. Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was swallowed by a small dog. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy states that this sort of thing happens all the time.

Douglas Adams

Sorry, I could not resist.

I hope the object gives us a show.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

We could only hope and pray that this object will destroy the Earth and set us free from the never ending procolamations that the Earth will be destroyed by Nibiru, Global Warming, Alien Invasion and the like. Maybe GOD/Jesus/Allah/Budda/Satan and 50 million Hindu gods will give us what we all beg for and destroy the Earth so we finally STFU!

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Feeling Frisky]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This article eerily reminds me of the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still"...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by aeroslag
isnt the object 30 ft wide? and i believe this has been posted already in a less retarded manner.

I have one question.

Are the Nephilim only 1 inch tall? If so, than it is possible.

Ok I am being sarcastic, I will shut up.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Here comes Wormwood!

Although the word wormwood appears several times in the Old Testament, translated from the Hebrew term לענה (la'anah), e.g., Deuteronomy 29:18 and Jeremiah 9:15, its only clear reference as a named entity occurs in the New Testament book of Revelation: "And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter." (Revelation 8:10, 11 - KJB).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I don't need to dust of my Anunnaki phrase book yet then?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Its all fun and games until an Anunnuki put your eye out.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

A mystery object from space, as seen from the Skylive-Grove Creek Observatory in Australia, is about to whizz close by Earth. Scientists are stumped by what exactly the object, 33 to 50 feet wide at most, is.
(AFAM/CARA/G.Sostero,P.Camilleri,E. Guido,M. Jaeger,E. Prosperi,W. Vollmann)

[edit on 12-1-2010 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If its planet x then maybe that's why they have been chemtrailing some cities to cover the skies so the neutral citizens wont see it.

You can tell by the article

A mystery object from space

to do what exactly?

is about to whizz close by Earth

and what do so called Scientists say?

Scientists are stumped by what exactly the object, 33 to 50 feet wide at most, is.

my other question is why are they stumped? i mean they are looking at space all the time, dont tell me this came out of nowhere, if the Scientists dont know on what it is, why are they jumping on,

Astronomers say it may be space junk or it could be a tiny asteroid, too small to cause damage even if it hit.

hm space junk from that far? i dont think so, a tiny asteroid? hm could be but no asteroid were predicted from some major Scientists from eupore to pass by or to hit, so its not true.

They should just leave it has an Mystery object.

Now it could be either one of these things.

1.wormwood from the bible
2.UFO mothership
3.Planet x?
4.Tiberum to hit?? (for real this time?)

Please anyone with a telescope PIC it or VID IT!

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
If its planet x then maybe that's why they have been chemtrailing some cities to cover the skies so the neutral citizens wont see it.

I hope you aren't actually considering that, if that was the case, wouldnt they have to chemtrail the entire atmosphere of the world?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

It won't hit our planet, but scientists are stumped by what exactly it is.
WHY?!? Why are they stumped by what it is? Is it made of some sort of exotic elements? What the Hell could possibly be so odd about it?!? The shape? The way it moves?

Hey...maybe it's an Alien craft coming to say hi!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
UFO hopefully

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Shrukin89]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I found two more articles which go into a little more detail...the article linked in the OP is kinda vague...

Weird Object Zooming by Earth Wednesday is Likely an Asteroid
Earth To Have Near-Miss Tonight From Mystery Object

It seems they think it's just a small asteroid...which they named 2010 AL30...but I'm not convinced...

The first article states:

A weird object that left some observers wondering if it was a piece of space junk is most likely just a small asteroid, and will zoom close by Earth Wednesday, NASA scientists say

It gets a little weird when they go on to say:

There was some early speculation that the object was a part of a derelict spacecraft, but NASA scientists have concluded that it is most likely a simple space rock flying near Earth.

"I looked at this object closely yesterday morning and concluded that this object is probably not artificial," said Paul Chodas, a scientist at NASA's Near-Earth Object Office at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif.

What makes 2010 AL30 weird is its orbit, which is almost exactly one Earth year long, leading to some discussion that it might be a man-made spacecraft launched in the recent past.

So that seems to explain why they may be stumped about what it is...I still say Alien Space Craft!!!

[edit on 12/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Astronomers say it may be space junk or it could be a tiny asteroid, too small to cause damage even if it hit. It's 33 to 50 feet wide at most.

Since when does 30 to 50 feet equal a planet? I love how the OP just happens to not cite the size of the object in question.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It amazes me that we can see something so small when it's +100,000 miles
out in space and moving faster than a speeding bullet, but can't find Osama
Bin-Laden who's hunkered down right here on planet Earth.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Hmmm...sorry to wreck this thread...but it seems this is already being discussed here

new topics

top topics

join